Faerun for GnK
framedarchitecture  [developer] Nov 16, 2013 @ 8:33pm
Bug Reports
If something is broken, or doesn't work the way it's described in game, let me know.
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
GeorgeMcBootySwag Nov 17, 2013 @ 6:30am 
I think I should post this here. I recently got an update to Faerun on G&K that made my civ crash each time I clicked the mod button in Civ. This does not happen as soon as I unsubscribe Faerun. :/ I tried reinstalling and deleting and resubscribing Faerun with no luck or change at all. From the comments section I only noticed one other with this same problem so I'm not sure how widespread this issue is.
Update: I managed to get v15 to work with downloading it manually and placing it in the mod folder. I did this because I noticed that the size of the old Faerun mod was 0. I think it may be a problem for me to download this mod through the workshop.
Last edited by GeorgeMcBootySwag; Nov 17, 2013 @ 6:45am
cavalier Nov 17, 2013 @ 1:18pm 
Hi Framedarchitecture here's my bug,

The civ I'm playing is the TCHAZZAR and everything was going great until I researched OPTICS which led to the bug. You see I have alot of drakes and for the most part I would use them to fly over water to attack boats and cities from the sea but once I researched OPTICS all the drakes started embarking into boats and several had died when this happened due to cities firing on them. This wasn't the worst part because once they changed into the boats they would not change back into the drake when the boat would make landfall. If there was a way for me to send you my saved game so you can see for yourself I feel this would greatly help you in your effort to root out the bug.

In the meantime I will continue my game with my dragons staying on land.

Cav
nonamesleft Nov 18, 2013 @ 3:56am 
ive got a few minor bugs:
1.when mousing over a civ's disposition towards you most say TXT_KEY_SPECIFIC_DIPLO_STRING 1 - i assume its refering to allignment?
2. I can build improvements on resources i cannot yet take advantage of (by say not having trade) - it doesnt actually give the resource its not supposed to but it can get confusing
3.Some of the techs dont show you all of their bonuses (such as needing forestry to cut jungles)
4. The info texts say you can have upto 3 heroes but i havent been able to find a way to make more than one (am i just missing this?)
<edit> i just won a domination victory without actually defeating anyone

Love the mod and hope this helps
Last edited by nonamesleft; Nov 18, 2013 @ 5:34am
ghaele29 Nov 18, 2013 @ 6:48pm 
A couple of issues I've noticed playing.

1) You can only have 1 hero until such time as a city-state happens to gift you with a new one (and usually one you don't want) or you research a particular technology (I forget which one, it just popped up as a notifier that I could now recruit a new hero). If it's a limit of 3 over time then that does makes sense and this may not be an actual bug.

2) I researched every single "spell" available to me including all Divination and the 3 remaining schools chosen (for description's sake I had chosen Evocation, Conjuration and Adbjuration, locking out the 4 remaining schools). Once I had racked up enough Weave points to learn something else, there wasn't anything available... and no way to end my turn to continue playing, effectively ending my game.
framedarchitecture  [developer] Nov 18, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
This mod (all my mods) enable Policy Saving option... simply right click the Choose Policy option to continue with game.
Elowan Nov 19, 2013 @ 10:03am 
I believe I have a similar problem to Johnny Bravo. Went to play today, and there was an update showing on the mod tab within Civ5. Upon update, I can no longer load any of my previous games. As soon as I click on the save game to load, the game black-screens and crashes, with a runtime error. I can start new games (and load new games) with no difficulty whatsoever.

For reference, I was running version 15 before, and I updated to version 16. I seem to be unable to load games from version 15.

Fantastic work on this mod, by the way. One of the best I've played.
framedarchitecture  [developer] Nov 19, 2013 @ 10:06am 
I meant to comment on the version Load/Save errors a while back but I'll go ahead and make my blanket statement now: Updating to a new version will almost always mean losing previous saves. I will put a note in description re.
Elowan Nov 19, 2013 @ 10:19am 
Thanks for responding. I understand that, generally. I think my comment was incorrect, though. I was never running any version other than V16. I'm new to the mod (I installed it for the first time two days ago), and have always used the split-from-soundtrack version. Has there been a version update in the last two days that was significant enough to break old saves? I manually subscribed two days ago, and then the update showed up via the in-game menu. Sadly, I didn't pay enough attention to what the version difference was...
Last edited by Elowan; Nov 19, 2013 @ 4:52pm
gimper Nov 19, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
Playing my first game on this mod currently. So far it is very cool and seems very well fleshed out. One problem that I have encountered: Playing as Many-Arrow Orcs, I start with the tech that allows forest tiles to be chopped. When my worker is standing on a forested tile of any type, the axe icon is grayed out and the tootip is telling me that I need to research Forestry in order to chop a forest. That tooltip is wrong. If I select, for instance, create a Farm the worker will go ahead and begin chopping the forest. But if there is not the option to create Farm or Mine, then the tile is unchoppable even though the proper tech is researched at the start of the game. After researching Forestry this bug goes away.
Sir "Röver" Lance-a-lot Nov 19, 2013 @ 12:28pm 
Hi,
Dont know the reason, but every time i load the mod and try to start a game (random map doesnt work only faerun map), the whole game crashes. As my Civ5-Mod Debugging experince is zero, i request some aid. Unmodded games work and yes i have GnK.
gimper Nov 20, 2013 @ 12:31pm 
After further review, it seems that the problem I encountered previously is more of a tool-tip/tech tree error than an actual bug. The tech tree says you can chop forest tiles with just the Hunting tech researched. In practice one is actually required to have forestry and/or ancient lore researched (possibly along with hunting, unverified so far) in order to chop forest tiles. This is a problem. Requiring 3 different techs, one of which is completely unrelated, just to chop forest tiles is a bit much. Only one tech should be required and it needs to be consistent for every civ.
gimper Nov 20, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
Again playing as the Many-Arrow Orcs, after I built my first Raider unit I encountered a wicked graphics glitch. Built Raider in capital. As soon as select the Raider unit, a lot of fast moving chaotic black lines begin dancing around that part of the main map, seemingly centered on the Raider unit itself. When the Raider moves, so do the dancing black lines. Feels like the game is about to crash when this happens, though it is actually yet to crash on me in this state as I am pretty fast to just restart the game when it happens.
framedarchitecture  [developer] Nov 20, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
The Orc UUs are custom models imported from Civ 4 (I did not create them), and this issue has been reported by other players setting "gpu texture decode on" in game Video options.I do not think this affects large numbers of players.
Friedrich Schritt Nov 21, 2013 @ 4:44am 
Whilst playing as the dwarves its impossible to build the ironworks wonder because the dwarf replacement for the Forge apperently does not count as a forge
thatjokeisntfunnyanymore Nov 21, 2013 @ 1:05pm 
I absolutely LOVE this mod. A lot of fun until I found I could not advance to the next turn unless I was producing a unit or building in every city? No option to not produce? Could not figure out any way to end turn unless I choose something. Eventually researched my way out of the problem (convert production to gold). But it was close...Thanks!
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50