This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Astral Terra
DealerNextDoor Dec 8, 2013 @ 5:43pm
This looks great, but I have a few questions.
I only watched the first two videos and skimmed the description of the game, so I'm sorry if I missed something.

1) In terms of developing a world, will everything be given to the player, or will there be mod and/or in-game programming support? If so, what language(s) will be used?

2) For developing a world, will there be a free-cam mode where the player doesn't have a character and just moves around with a no-clip like physics?

3) For multiplayer, will the servers be player-hosted or will there just be a list of servers to connect to from the multiplayer list, or both?

4) For the player races, will players be able to create custom races, or will there just be more added later?

The game looks very nice, and if it has programming support (preferable Lua or Python), I would definitely recommend and buy it.
Last edited by DealerNextDoor; Dec 8, 2013 @ 5:46pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Tethys Interactive  [developer] Dec 9, 2013 @ 5:15pm 
Greetings DealerNextDoor, gratitude for the questions!

1. All playable character races come with the natural ability to alter their world with a couple different set of terraforming tools. They will also be able to construct their own prefab structures, made from voxel shapes, as well. All of these tools come built into the game. We are also working on an additional prefab system that uses higher poly, more detailed meshes. The final game will feature a combination of these tools to allow players to build out their worlds. Some of these items will require the player to find/farm the resources needed to use/construct them - others are always free to use (such as terraforming). We are also looking at options to integrate the Steam workshop so that players can make their own new prefabs, share them on the market and get them in game. This last feature is a "stretch goal" for us and will come later than sooner in the development cycle.

2. Currently, build mode disables the player and frees the camera up to move around with no-clip physics. The new building construction tools we are working on also allows for free build mode, though the assets may cost the player a manged resource(wood, money, etc...).

3. For multiplayer, servers are player hosted. A multiplayer list is also planned for people who set their game to public.

4. Players choose from the races offered in the game. There will be more playable races added as we identify the need for them and what races the community would like to see. We are currently working through the development cycle for Dwarves and will have something to show soon.

Much gratitude for your interest. We cannot comment yet on programming support - a way to script custom quests are something that has been asked for. We are opening the development thread on the Astral Terra website soon in anticipation of starting the feedback process along with launching our alpha testing phase. There, we will be having ongoing discussions with the community about the development of the game, future features, changes, bugs, etc....
DealerNextDoor Dec 10, 2013 @ 3:18pm 
Alright. If there is some form of programming support for making in game content, whether it just be similar to something like Garry's Mod or just through a separate tool in the Steam Workshop, I think I will buy the game. The game itself is a great idea, and it seems to be very smooth; can't wait to see the final result.
mister_flame Dec 13, 2013 @ 2:58am 
Nao entendi o objetivo deste jogo, pois apenas modelar o terreno nao cativa o player!!
Tethys Interactive  [developer] Dec 13, 2013 @ 6:36am 
Na verdade, algumas pessoas só querem as ferramentas de modificação do terreno. :) Shaping mundo é certamente a principal atração aqui e é o que estamos focando para este jogo.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50