This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Astral Terra
toonarmy36 Feb 21, 2014 @ 2:59pm
How to pre order/buy now for early access?
Hey guys the game sounds and looks amazing just the game iv been waiting for and I would happily pre order it now if I could get alpha and beta access any release date or plans to let people pre order now and give them alpha access?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Slag Metal Feb 23, 2014 @ 5:49pm 
I'm in too, just let me know if we're still doing this. Can we still give to the project through the Kickstarter website?
Tethys Interactive  [developer] Feb 25, 2014 @ 8:02pm 
Greetings and gratitude for the questions and interest! We are working on a Founders Pack program while getting the game ready for Early Access. More details and a new dev update is on the way so check back often!
Farid Feb 28, 2014 @ 6:04am 
Indeed i want this so bad already :) , I want to test the game and provide feedback and or list some bugs that i find !
toonarmy36 Feb 28, 2014 @ 1:15pm 
Awesome carnt wait the game looks awesome I saw u said you were getting ready for another crowd funding but on indiegogo I realy think you should try kickstarter again because indiegogo is less know than kickstarter like much less known you just need to get more publicity on your game and maybe give a demo or alpha to some top youtubers so they can do first impressions that will defo get a lot of attention
Actarus2004 Mar 1, 2014 @ 8:52am 
This is not a game, it's a tech demo!

You bought the Terrainengine of dyox, RPG KIT 2 Zerano, and shader framework (Alloy Physical Shader Framework by RUST LTD).

Your game is very similar to Terrainengine videos on youtube.

So there is nothing extraordinary. All these delays are the expectations updates software you bought!
Tethys Interactive  [developer] Mar 1, 2014 @ 9:19am 
@Actarus2004 - You just explained video game development in a nutshell. Studios purchase tech (ever notice all the logos games include on their loading screens) to get them started - the developers, artists, musicians, writers and designers then take that technology and turn it into a game. Where is the fire? Everquest Next Landmark is using Voxel Farm which can be purchased by ayone to use in their game - we used Terrain Engine and Unity instead.

Besides being par for the course for software development, this is epsecially the case for Indie development. And on our Kickstarter we mention our frameworks, as well as in our Reddit thread. We also list our frameworks for the game on our website. Again, where is the fire? This is standard. Take a look at any 100 game development studios websites and you will see this.

All of the artwork we have been posting is custom made. All our concepts, 3d playable characters, music, lore/story and much more have been made from scratch by our team.

Lastly, you might notice if you take a look around at our feedback in all of the places that people follow us, that indeed, some people DO feel like we have something unique and entertaining. We have a pretty big following now. We are sorry you feel this way, good luck in your future endeavors!

Last edited by Tethys Interactive; Mar 1, 2014 @ 2:29pm
Tethys Interactive  [developer] Mar 1, 2014 @ 9:45am 
For those fellow developers who may be interested, here are some more frameworks we are using as well:

1. NGUI - Awesome GUI for Unity and low impact
2. uLink - Very robust and affordable networking tech with great support.
3. Mixamo - Great auto rig service and lots of animations.
4. Advanced Surface Shaders - A fallback shader framework for everything else not using Alloy - default Unity shaders we're not high quality enough so we opted for these two frameworks.
Tethys Interactive  [developer] Mar 1, 2014 @ 11:32am 
For those who may be interested -

As mentioned in another area, here is a link to our newest dev update on our forum. This has a bit more detail then what we push out on the social networks and reads more like patch notes. This forum will get more updates more often, as the development pace quickens.

http://community.astralterra.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=432&p=434#p434
Last edited by Tethys Interactive; Mar 1, 2014 @ 11:33am
Kornflex_FR Mar 2, 2014 @ 1:17pm 
@Actarus2004, Are you jealous? Relax dude...

You know the term Secret of manufacturing ?
You do not have to know how and with what tools they made their games.
You are the guy who weasel, you are jealous because you can't never create a game like them.

You must not have many friends !

Bye Bye
ravenscroftranch Jun 1, 2014 @ 2:49am 
Originally posted by Tethys Interactive:
@Actarus2004 - You just explained video game development in a nutshell. Studios purchase tech (ever notice all the logos games include on their loading screens) to get them started - the developers, artists, musicians, writers and designers then take that technology and turn it into a game. Where is the fire? Everquest Next Landmark is using Voxel Farm which can be purchased by ayone to use in their game - we used Terrain Engine and Unity instead.

Besides being par for the course for software development, this is epsecially the case for Indie development. And on our Kickstarter we mention our frameworks, as well as in our Reddit thread. We also list our frameworks for the game on our website. Again, where is the fire? This is standard. Take a look at any 100 game development studios websites and you will see this.

All of the artwork we have been posting is custom made. All our concepts, 3d playable characters, music, lore/story and much more have been made from scratch by our team.

Lastly, you might notice if you take a look around at our feedback in all of the places that people follow us, that indeed, some people DO feel like we have something unique and entertaining. We have a pretty big following now. We are sorry you feel this way, good luck in your future endeavors!
very well said and very diplomatic i will be deffinately keeping an eye on this game thank you actarus for giving the dev an opertunity to face a confrontation and obsurd assumption with grace and good form ....
and thank you dev for facing it with such dignity and grace...
i will deffinately be looking closely at this game to support a developer who is so professional
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50