PIrate ship
Archiye  [developer] Nov 4, 2013 @ 7:42am
Map feedback discussion!
Please post any feedback you have on my map here!
it would be nice to hear things such as:
  • What you like!
  • What you don't like!
  • Stuff you want added!
  • New map ideas!
Please post below!
Last edited by Archiye; Nov 4, 2013 @ 7:42am
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
YetiChow Nov 6, 2013 @ 8:47pm 
I'm a huge fan of any themed map that gives you a hint how it's designed to be played, and this map amply fills both those categories. It has a pretty clear objective without being restrictive about how you can achieve that, and it's already designed in a way that limits the potential for delay tactics (AKA game denial or "being a pain in the butt and using guns that the other team can't fight back against").

As a suggestion (and I must admit I haven't played it yet, for all I know something like this is already in...), IMO it would be cool t have a "treasure island" with heaps of block, ammo and health crate spawns in between the treasure chests, making it a real tactical advantage to take and hold that island. Another one could be "skull island", an island specificaly designed as a "mini arena" where players can test their mettle under the watchful skull-shaped totem
Archiye  [developer] Nov 7, 2013 @ 8:35am 
Originally posted by YetiChow:
I'm a huge fan of any themed map that gives you a hint how it's designed to be played, and this map amply fills both those categories. It has a pretty clear objective without being restrictive about how you can achieve that, and it's already designed in a way that limits the potential for delay tactics (AKA game denial or "being a pain in the butt and using guns that the other team can't fight back against").

As a suggestion (and I must admit I haven't played it yet, for all I know something like this is already in...), IMO it would be cool t have a "treasure island" with heaps of block, ammo and health crate spawns in between the treasure chests, making it a real tactical advantage to take and hold that island. Another one could be "skull island", an island specificaly designed as a "mini arena" where players can test their mettle under the watchful skull-shaped totem

Thanks for the feedback YetiChow!

I'm liking the "skull island" idea, but I think putting lots of crates on an island as a tactical adavntage is a bit OP...
Anyway, right now I've decided to work on something uncanny, but I wont tell you what it is :).

Once again, thanks for your feedback! I need to know what you people like playing in order to make good maps!
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50