This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Last Door - Season One
The Game Kitchen  [developer] Nov 6, 2013 @ 4:57am
¿How do you envision The Last Door - Season One?
Hi guys! I'm sure some of you already played some (hopefully all) of the first chapters in your web browser. We want to know your thoughts on the standalone version! How do you think the game should play? Which enhancements should we incorporate?

Let's discuss together some of the possibilities, shall we?

- Shall we keep the episode structure? It's possible to keep the episode structure by putting some kind of episode selection screen at the beginning. Or, move away from the episode structure and fusion the gameplay from the three episodes into a single seamless experience. What shall we do with our beloved opening sequence?

- New features: We obviously need the ability to pause / resume the game at any point, and an option screen. But apart from those, what else would you like to see in The Last Door - Season One?

- New gameplay. How would you like us to refactor gameplay from previous episodes? Pilot Chapter specifically, lacks some gameplay features present in the later chapters. Shall we enhanced the design of the game, of keeping as close as the originals as possible?

Well, I would say these points makes for a very good start. Let's make this awesome together!
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
SpitfireGaming Nov 6, 2013 @ 10:08am 

hello
Solaire of Astora Nov 6, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
Hello,
I have played the first three episodes and here is what I would like best:
  • Keep the chapters separated. For one I also really dig the opening sequence.
  • A menu screen where you can select the episode you want to play or resume any partly played episode.
  • I don't know how much work would be necessary in order to refactor the first chapters. But especially in terms of first impressions of new players it will help generate good responses to the game...

Best Wishes,
CatPirate
E L E K T R IK Nov 7, 2013 @ 4:05am 
Rika84 Nov 8, 2013 @ 9:44am 
Only played the first two so far, but excieted to get on to the third. =) I say definitely keep the episode structure. I think it helps pace the story very well. As far as gameplay/features, I was wondering if you would consider a separate inventory screen rather than just items at the bottom. I think that might be visually easier on a lot of players.
Bioshocker Nov 8, 2013 @ 10:17am 
amazing every chapter gives the feeling of wanting more.
const. Nov 9, 2013 @ 2:57am 
Hi! Played the two free episodes and here are my thoughts on the Season One release:

1. The episodic structure absolutely has to remain. There are some elements of TLD that wouldn't make sense otherwise. For instance, in the beginning of Chapter 2 the main character revises a major part of Chapter 1 plot, so as to help the player remember and get into action easily. That is a storytelling choice, that would become redundant should the borders of episodes be erased. Also, each chapter is dissected into a "prologue" part and the main narrative part. Those two are separated by an intro sequence, the former creating the mood for the latter. This dichotomy creates an overall picture of the chapter and getting rid of it would impact the game's concept in a wrong way.

2. What I'd like to see in Season One is integrated translations. I believe those many different versions of the game have become a solid part of it. A testament of community's support, if you will. On an unrelated note, including them into a Steam release would make the game more accessible.

3. As far as new gameplay goes, I was under impression that Chapter 1 despite it's shortcomings is a complete piece. It is a part of why people like your game. I understand the desire to make the first experience for the new players as engaging as possible, but Chapter 1 is not too bad as it is. I seriously doubt it could repel any of the adventure game fans. Instead of bringing it up to level, I would suggest that you concentrate all your creative powers on making the next chapters worth waiting for.

Finally, I sincerely wish you success and good luck.
Kleko Nov 11, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
As long as it's in chapters I'm good.
TMH Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:52am 
I agree with statements above - keep the episodic format. It is simply much better and suspensful with these climatic openings and cliffhangers at the end.

There is one thing that I want to suggest for the future episode, but I don't know whether it will fit into the story. The third chapter ended in a very surprising way, and I thought that maybe [SPOILER ALERT!] after seeing the letter for Devitt's psychologist, we might play as him (or his supevisor) for a bit longer than an opening sequence [e.g. how the supervisor came to the conclusion that Devitt is in danger OR psychologist's arrival at Devitt's house that was mentioned in Chapter 3], before going back to Devitt and revealing his fate. [SPOILER END]
Last edited by TMH; Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:57am
mssic1986 Nov 12, 2013 @ 6:15pm 
I don't know if anyone has already said this or not, but I would like for there to be some sort of synopsis of the previous chapters for every new chapter we play. Its just I resently started playing the second chapter, and I found I was alittle lost on the story so I had to go back and play the first again....needless to say a tiny "where we're at" kind of feature would be cool.
Hworang666 Nov 13, 2013 @ 2:07am 
1) some basic achievements (e.g. finished 1st chapter, finished 2nd chapter, etc) and easter eggs could be nice...
2) maybe some other gaming mode (more backstory or some puzzle like mode)
3) keep the game in form of episodes
Vende-se coives :$ Nov 15, 2013 @ 5:04pm 
O Jogo ate nem mete muita piada !!!
creed0rdyE Nov 15, 2013 @ 11:51pm 
way better than Luigi's Mansion whatever you do is holy
Gruoargh Nov 16, 2013 @ 2:37pm 
First things first, you are doing a great job, and i can't wait for more chapters to come. This being said, please keep the chapter strucutre as it is right now. In terms of story telling it works just fine.
In my opinion the gameplay of the first chapter does not need any alteration. Though the puzzles are easy in the first chapter, the explorative experience and the great atmosphere sucks you right into the story. This goes for the first chapter. In the later chapters i liked the rising diffculty of the puzzles, especially the teardrop in Chap.2 and the map/poem sequence in Chap.3 were great - more puzzles like that please!
Looking forward to the new chapter.
Bye
NuneS Nov 23, 2013 @ 11:22am 
yep
NuneS Nov 23, 2013 @ 11:22am 
haha
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50