This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Spintires
rellits000 Oct 12, 2013 @ 6:54pm
Spintires VS beamNG
Spintires looks very promising as a off road simulator, while beamNG is touching on this it seems less playable, as one needs analog input to have any chance of playing it well. But beamNG does have the soft body physics. (which at times can seem more like a novelty)
would Spintires be a better game with soft body physics?
Last edited by rellits000; Oct 12, 2013 @ 6:56pm
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Comsquaddelta Oct 12, 2013 @ 8:17pm 
My answer is no.

As far as I can tell. SpinTires is going to be an Point A - Point B game. So a full SOFT BODY SIMULATION MODEL may not add alot to the gameplay other than... The novelty, or "Eye Candy" you mentioned.

Thats not to say that the game couldn't benefit from some form of a damage model. People on the Oovee Forums are already suggesting: Tire slipping off of beads, and broken drivetrains. I would say to my best guess. That the end game for the dev's will be to add some form of a damage model. Though I do not think it will be to the degree of "beamNG"
Last edited by Comsquaddelta; Oct 12, 2013 @ 8:21pm
[FAT] TheGreatMoo Oct 12, 2013 @ 8:42pm 
Personally I think it already looks like it has soft body physics, not damage wise but motion wise. The pieces on the vehicles flex and move around as it goes over rough bumps or terrain, looks very "soft" to me. Some of the mods for it even have rigged bone structures within the body to make parts actually bend and flex with stress.

In terms of damage they are planning some form of damage. I don't know if they will go all the way with visual vehicle damage though...

This is from their kickstarter page:

‘Skill points’ are rewarded for the following factors:

Successful delivery of Cargoes (more is better)
Cargo Damage (less is better)
Fuel Usage (less is better)

I made this mod for it btw: http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/files/file/248-gekko-sci-fi-military-trucks/
olddudeman Oct 12, 2013 @ 9:33pm 
I dont think that soft body physics to the level of BeamNG would be a fit for this game. Sure it might look cool, but it really wont add to it much. The level of detail on the Spin Tires vehicles is also much greater than the BeamNG vehicles. I would think that full softbody physics would be a waste of CPU resources.

That being said, Spin Tires could benefit from some sort of damage mechanic. The windshield shattering and the bumper and grill deforming would be pretty cool if you hit a tree. But you wouldn't need to make everything deformable, just little extra bits. Lights, windows, bumpers, mirrors, etc. would be the best candidates for some sort of damage model.

While it would be interesting to have full softbody physics, I don't think it should be included. I would much rather have them spend that time on the gameplay and vehicle selection.
fufik Oct 12, 2013 @ 10:10pm 
lol
Shyryp Oct 12, 2013 @ 10:33pm 
Будут внутренние повреждения машин. Внешние- не обещают.
[AAA]burnsy Oct 12, 2013 @ 10:41pm 
If spin tires and beanmg combined, it would make a pretty awesome off road game
Slavepetrich_SP Oct 13, 2013 @ 12:01am 
They both are GREAT but different games.
Brabus V 12 Bi-Turbo Oct 13, 2013 @ 4:09am 
Spir Tires is best simulation for any drive ever. But in demo game, you not have full speed, you not have full horse power, you not have full RPM, you not have missions, categories and others. You not have more trucks, more money, more addons, you not have nothing. Only clear drive around 20km. Imba game best simulation ever.
~Qatar948~ Oct 13, 2013 @ 4:54am 
each game got there own gameplay and there own fans
housebuilder96 Oct 13, 2013 @ 6:05am 
A soft body mechanic would sort of work for spintires but some things might not work like the ocean it might bug it out a little
Shyryp Oct 13, 2013 @ 8:01am 
Если вы хотите пообщаться с русскими игроками, то добро пожаловать в официальную группу ВК- http://vk.com/spintires
OOVEE_Z  [developer] Oct 13, 2013 @ 8:40am 
Hey everyone.

We do plan on integrating a small damage mechanic for items such as fenders/bumpers, windows, headlights and other small accessories.

Our main concern is game performance across different PC configurations and we will not jeopardize what we have achieved already. Luckily, Spintires is optimised to use multiple CPU cores, for example, 3D mud particles are generated on a separate CPU thread to the main game.

Thanks,

Oovee.
CarteR Oct 13, 2013 @ 10:50am 
Не вижу смысла сравнивать две разные игры, у каждой свои плюси и свои минусы. Но у каждой игры есть один общий и огномный минус! Нет миссий и игра очень быстро надоедает.
Last edited by CarteR; Oct 13, 2013 @ 10:55am
Schilling Oct 13, 2013 @ 12:34pm 
Domage de ne pouvoir comprendre tout ces commentaires mais où trouver BeamNG ? :)
Klaus Oct 13, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
Эта тоже понравилась, повреждение конечно реальные сделали, а вот управление не очень, но если выйдет офф. релиз, то возможно бы и купил, тачки в смятку...
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50