This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Ikaruga
himmatsj Feb 3 @ 6:43am
Steam release imminent!
Three cheers: Hip Hip Hooray!

http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/SteamIkarugaPre.html (translate the page in Google Chrome to read it legibly)
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
himmatsj Feb 3 @ 7:55am 
What does that mean? I did see the disclaimer in fine print right at the bottom, but knew not what it meant.
WakiMiko Feb 3 @ 8:04am 
They are talking about the difficulty selection screen from the Arcade, Dreamcast and Gamecube versions where you see the main character (Shinra) walking towards his ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AUHQKWNa2AA#t=21 (0:21)

Jintek Feb 10 @ 9:38pm 
Shinra's walk would have been nice, but not too concerned about it, I already own all the versions anyway. Although I do wish they'd have used the arcade version and assets in Full HD rather than the XBLA port. I can't see this retailing for anymore than $9.99 just like the XBLA port, especially since it's a much later version with no extras. Even Pac-Man DX + was the same price on both for the base version.

So, I'm betting $9.99 on launch day. Maybe a week long 5-10% price cut for the first week to really get it moving.

Now come on Sin and Punishment 1 & 2, and Radiant Silvergun and Silhouette Mirage!!!
Last edited by Jintek; Feb 12 @ 9:23pm
WakiMiko Feb 11 @ 10:03am 
Yeah, Shinra's walk would have been a nice bonus, but it doesn't really matter. Definitely going to buy the game as soon as I can.

By the way, Treasure already said on their twitter that its going to be $9.99.
Vapor Dosh Feb 11 @ 10:29am 
Originally posted by Lews Therin Telamon:
Link? Not that I don't believe you, but I want to see myself. Sounds likely, I believe that was the price of X360 version. Also, I hope they don't go with 1$=1€.
himmatsj Feb 11 @ 10:31am 
Originally posted by Vapor Dosh:
Originally posted by Lews Therin Telamon:
Link? Not that I don't believe you, but I want to see myself. Sounds likely, I believe that was the price of X360 version. Also, I hope they don't go with 1$=1€.
They will. It's par the course.
WakiMiko Feb 11 @ 11:39am 
Originally posted by Vapor Dosh:

https://twitter.com/TreasureCoLtd/status/395433109694320640

Originally posted by Treasure (google translate):
As our company, and we believe Steam version of "Ikaruga" would like to sell at (980 yen about current) $ 9.99 USD, but it does not do the final decision yet, Please wait until the official announcement. @ tayapaya
-Checkmate- Feb 17 @ 3:06pm 
So....... It's the day before release and we still have no price. Any idea what it will be or is Valve pressuring Treasure to sell it for higher than the XBLA price and there's a conflict going on? It should be $9.99, but this close to release we should already know. Anybody get the feeling it may not even unlock for sale tomorrow?
himmatsj Feb 17 @ 7:47pm 
Originally posted by -Checkmate-:
So....... It's the day before release and we still have no price. Any idea what it will be or is Valve pressuring Treasure to sell it for higher than the XBLA price and there's a conflict going on? It should be $9.99, but this close to release we should already know. Anybody get the feeling it may not even unlock for sale tomorrow?

Dude, it's $10. Now STFU
-Checkmate- Feb 17 @ 7:56pm 
Originally posted by himmatsj:
Originally posted by -Checkmate-:

Dude, it's $10. Now STFU

I hope so, but it is strange they won't even let you preorder and there's been zero "official price announcement". Usually, especially with high profile fan releases like this they allow you to preorder, if they already have set a price in stone.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50