This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
The Mandate
naomha Sep 28, 2016 @ 8:45am
Did the devs take the Kickstarter and Greenlight money and run?
What gives with this game? Did it die? The game site and the developer site links are all dead now. They had received over 700k on Kickstarter to make this game as well as untold secondary donations.

WHAT HAPPENED HERE?????
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Wu Ziheng Sep 28, 2016 @ 9:30am 
The game's site is still up and running just fine and both the forum and chat seem to be active. I'm not sure what you're talking about mate.
gatt001 Sep 28, 2016 @ 9:33am 
the games design has changed loads.
id take the above comment with a pinch of salt as the dev team has changed drasticly as well.
most of the people thats still active on the forum are of the optermistic type, and the word refund has been thrown around a lot as well.
naomha Sep 28, 2016 @ 9:47am 
Originally posted by Wu Ziheng:
The game's site is still up and running just fine and both the forum and chat seem to be active. I'm not sure what you're talking about mate.

You have a link? Both the game site and the dev site listed on their Kickstarter page and even on this, the Greenlight site, are both seemingly dead to me. Comes up as a dead link.
naomha Sep 28, 2016 @ 9:49am 
Originally posted by gatt001:
the games design has changed loads.
id take the above comment with a pinch of salt as the dev team has changed drasticly as well.
most of the people thats still active on the forum are of the optermistic type, and the word refund has been thrown around a lot as well.

I supported the Kickstarter page. Just want to know what's going on. I actually had totally forgotten about this game until today when I happened to watch a video and was like, "Holy $hit, I backed that!". Now, I'm wanting to know what's going on. I was really excited about this game.

On another note, a game recently released looks to do something like this. Just got it while it went into EA. it's called Stellar Tactics and it's really great so far. Granted, it's EA, but it's worth every penny.
gatt001 Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:40am 
Mate, the Mandate still dosent have a working game of any type to show.
They still showing assests built and talking about how it should fit together.

http://www.mandategame.com/

the forums tend to have the same people posting but intrest is falling pal.
Last edited by gatt001; Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:42am
naomha Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:45am 
Mate, the Mandate still dosent have a working game of any type to show.
They still showing assests built and talking about how it should fit together.

http://www.mandategame.com/

the forums tend to have the same people posting but intrest is falling pal.

Thanks for the link. Not sure why everytime I clicked on their links it just brought up dead pages. This helps. However, yeah, this game has been in pre-pre alpha for over a year now. Getting to be like Star Citizen and their constant demo reel.
gatt001 Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:47am 
Welcome 😃
At least they have a demo reel 😂

But Stellar Tactics has turned out to be quite the gem in the rough
naomha Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:50am 
Welcome 😃
At least they have a demo reel 😂

But Stellar Tactics has turned out to be quite the gem in the rough

Totally agree. ST is great so far. Granted, it's EA and needs some work and polish but the dev is doing a hell of a job so far. I really like it. It's what I had wished the older Star Wolves games would have been. Nothing like it and, to be honest, it seems I've been waiting forever for a dev to create a game like that.
gatt001 Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:52am 
Snap pal, but ST could turn out to be a good investment
naomha Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:59am 
Indeed
Can't wait, :p
gatt001 Oct 3, 2016 @ 12:26am 
make sure you read the pinned forum post of "ask the devs"
seems that they have watered down the idea that was pitched in KS.

now limited to 1 cap ship and combat takes place on 2d plane, also other planned features have been removed.

i think this may become vapeware very soon as quiet a few backers are rumbling about refunds.
naomha Oct 3, 2016 @ 7:00pm 
make sure you read the pinned forum post of "ask the devs"
seems that they have watered down the idea that was pitched in KS.

now limited to 1 cap ship and combat takes place on 2d plane, also other planned features have been removed.

i think this may become vapeware very soon as quiet a few backers are rumbling about refunds.

Quite a few indeed. The Kickstarter page is basically half the group backing out or wanting to back out. People don't pay money on Kickstarter to see a combined effort of monetary backing and developer planning to see the idea get flushed down the toilet because the developers got their money in the end.

THIS is why Steam EA games and Kickstarter games need escrowed accounts. Seriously. If this game ever does see the light of day (that's a big IF) there's going to be some serious attitudes with the people that did indeed back this game and some developers going to have to answer to some serious inquiries about the money.
ashurakain Nov 11, 2016 @ 1:49am 
so this game is gonna become... what? a dumbed down version of everything we saw here and the mandate site? will it end up becoming another watered down star wolf clone?
naomha Nov 11, 2016 @ 1:53am 
Originally posted by ashurakain:
so this game is gonna become... what? a dumbed down version of everything we saw here and the mandate site? will it end up becoming another watered down star wolf clone?

Pretty much. I've been checking weekly still and there's still NOTHING.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 15 30 50