This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

RimWorld
leglas621 Oct 22, 2013 @ 8:34am
Will there be multiplayer?
If there was multiplayer i would to see how they would do it.
Showing 1-15 of 68 comments
< >
StyleDragonLP Oct 22, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a multiplayer thats GOLD when its have a multiplayer
Blackbird Oct 24, 2013 @ 12:04pm 
From the Kickstarter page: Will there be multiplayer?

It's possible; and if the community asks for it consistently I'll gladly put it in. But it's not immediately on the to-do list and it would be a significant amount of effort to do. For the near future, I want to work a lot more on fleshing out the library of events and the AI Storytellers.
leglas621 Oct 24, 2013 @ 12:54pm 
Thanks
beanfun1 Oct 25, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
I hope there is multiplayer
Saber Nov 8, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
One major factor for me is if theres multiplayer, if theres multiplayer ill buy it
leglas621 Nov 9, 2013 @ 1:47am 
id buy it but id love to have multiplayer so i can either mess around with my mates or destory their team of people
GC13 Nov 10, 2013 @ 9:19am 
I still don't understand how multiplayer in a game like this could possibly be fun. I've heard three kinds of gameplay suggested: jointly building one colony, which seems more annoying than fun; building separate colonies and it just being cool to be on the same map (bonus points if you suggest the ability to trade resources); and turning the game into an RTS where you try to kill your friends with your colonists.

None of them sounds worth the massive effort multiplayer would require.
Culler Nov 11, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
yes to multiplayer
unknown Nov 12, 2013 @ 7:31am 
Originally posted by Saber:
One major factor for me is if theres multiplayer, if theres multiplayer ill buy it
luckz Dec 1, 2013 @ 7:25pm 
I'd pay $30 for this with MP, <= $15 otherwise.
leglas621 Dec 2, 2013 @ 7:49am 
i agree but as long as the MP is good
Vic_Boss_12 Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
i agree with the mp but it will either be 2 options you control lots of people or control 1 person in a coleny of friends but thats just gonna be a top down minecraft/starbound/anyother game
JetWash Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:18pm 
Mutiplayer could be a viable option for this game, as long as its not just a "duct tape" job. A persistent open world mutiplayer may sound cool, but it would eventually boil down to a PvP clusterf**k with roaming would-be bandit clans poised to simply destroy the collaborative efforts you and I embark on. From the get go you're already playing Randy Random and Kassandra (Cassies ♥♥♥♥♥ sister) simultaneously. KassRandrom. Not but 10 minutes into the game before you even have, what would look like a Tatooine-ian sand people village, you're being steamrolled by some turd and his friends from school who spent their time gathering weapons for an indiscriminate virtual xenocide. I just dont see players, at least some of them, being able to limit their impulses for the sake of the game. Look at dayz, what could have been a possible barter system/cooperative zombie survival game turned MMOFFA. "Ooh, other people!" *Kill. Maybe if its just a three person multiplayer version of what it is now, with you and two friends playing the part of the survivng ship crew. Instead of one person making all the decisions, survival and settlment would be a real team effort with; voting, delegation of duty, sharing of work, etc. And if you dont agree with your fellow colonists on a particular matter, then leave. Go to your own corner of the map with some of the NPCs who joined you all. A colonist loyalty feature could be added where should someone leave, they are supported by the NPCs whom they interacted with the most. That would give NPCs a lot more depth and significance in the colony. But time for Real Talk. IMO not every game needs multiplayer to be good. Countless games are ruined when a multiplayer feature gets shoved up its ♥♥♥ and crammed down our throat and rimworld is an interesting enough concept that it should be spared the same indignity of multiplayer commercialization. I would rather see Tynan focus on creating a more immersive and dynamic singleplayer game.
leglas621 Jan 1 @ 4:13am 
thats true but if they did have that loyalty system and all the things you said they could do it would be an amazing game
JetWash Jan 1 @ 11:06am 
Maybe after so long in the game, a scripted event pops up that says "some of the other colonists feel that someone else should lead the group" and it will prompt you to A. "Accept and step down" (this would open up an election feature and make the loyalty system relevant) or B. "Refuse and assert your authority (results in either significant drop in loyalty or a few colonists leaving to start their own group somewhere else on the map.) After a while they could come back as hostile, like how in most shows when a character leaves and comes back next season for dramatic effect. And if you accept and get voted out you lose control of all the colonists except for one (you), that gives you the opportunity to interact with the others to try and gain loyalty, transforming Rimworld from a building management game to an RPG. A variety of dialogue options could lead to doing side quests for others that increase loyalty like "going on a supply run, feel like tagging along?" or "recon of the nearby area, you in?" This will give you an opportunity to develop other peoples characters for the story beyond the two traits they are given at the start. Also make an animal husbandry reaseach, that way nutrient paste isnt the only food option, and since the game is inspired by Firefly (space western), maybe a cowboy style Muffalo cattle drive across the map to a watering hole could be added.
Showing 1-15 of 68 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50