This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

RimWorld
Niknud Mar 16 @ 10:58pm
Game seems a little expensive
I have watched a few streams and some youtube videos on this game and $30 seems a tad expensive. I have a hard time paying for a graphical version of dwarf fortress that for all intents and purpose may be graphicaly superior but has a long way to go in terms of gameplay. Now I am not saying the game has no potential. I am just saying I do not see a $30 game. Maybe $20 or $15.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
magoo2001 Mar 17 @ 5:13am 
it is £10 in the uk on the website
SpaceCoder Mar 17 @ 2:13pm 
well if you are willing to wait you will be able to get it for 20 when it comes out on steam. the 30$ version is to get even earlier access to the game and the prototypes that came before it. i say the game is worth 30$ but if you dont want to pay that much it should be comming out soon on steam.
Niknud Mar 17 @ 2:45pm 
Well that seems resonable. I have no problem with them honoring their kickstarter backers so I completely retract my original statement
Slaughter Apr 1 @ 12:00am 
Its well worth 30 bucks. I have over 100 games on steam and many were a waste of more than 30. These devs know what they are doing. I have been playing for months and I think it is great.
Opposing Forces Apr 2 @ 12:49pm 
also it's not that strange since prison architect is similar in price and only really just recently gained enough content for me to consider buying it. rim world is alot of fun and there's already several great mods for it.
FtDLulz Apr 2 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by Slaughter:
Its well worth 30 bucks. I have over 100 games on steam and many were a waste of more than 30. These devs know what they are doing. I have been playing for months and I think it is great.
Actually, Tynan is the only person working on the game. It's pretty impressive.
Cranky Apr 3 @ 6:15am 
The game is worth 30 bucks (us). I think I played an entire weekend when I bought it.
Towely_ban -{PWNY}- Apr 9 @ 2:39pm 
totally worth it, bought it and cringed slightly at the price myself and have no regrets.
DarkTemplarCrimsonWolf Apr 11 @ 3:08pm 
Sorry but no. As specified by SpaceCoder the game on their site gives you access to the prototypes as well so when it comes out on steam it should be cheaper because:
A) less content (no prototypes);
B) facilitate popularity (30 USD is a steep price range for this game considering other similar quality games around around 20 USD such as Craft the World, Kenshi, etc).

I do hope they also do not pull the USD = Euros ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ some devs seem to want to pull because , just like those devs, they will lose my purchase which now is dead certain.
SplinterBee Apr 13 @ 12:57pm 
the 30$ is for early acess and the 3 prototypes that made rimworld. its like getting 4 games. it will also be 20$ when its on steam. if you want it that bad but think its too expensive you can wait for it on steam and see when its on sale
DarkTemplarCrimsonWolf Apr 13 @ 1:02pm 
Originally posted by SplinterBee:
the 30$ is for early acess and the 3 prototypes that made rimworld. its like getting 4 games. it will also be 20$ when its on steam. if you want it that bad but think its too expensive you can wait for it on steam and see when its on sale
Precisely what I am doing :)

Edit: Mostly because I have no means of buying the game currently but meh :D.
Last edited by DarkTemplarCrimsonWolf; Apr 13 @ 1:19pm
Niknud Apr 13 @ 1:57pm 
Like I said 4 posts in they are honoring the people that backed and purchased with the intent of funding the game I have no problem with the current price. That being said once the game is full release it would be nice to see it in the 15-20 dollar range.
Last edited by Niknud; Apr 13 @ 1:57pm
Krillarbran Apr 15 @ 9:11pm 
Arg!!!! I wants it.
DarkTemplarCrimsonWolf Apr 16 @ 12:56am 
I hope they do not pull the USD=Euro ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ some devs pull because if they do I am most certainly out (charge 20 USD on the US side but like 15-16 euros on the EU side, not 20, if I see 20 this game goes on the "80% sale" watchlist).
Last edited by DarkTemplarCrimsonWolf; Apr 16 @ 12:57am
Friedrich Apr 29 @ 12:06pm 
Originally posted by DarkTemplarCrimsonWolf:
I hope they do not pull the USD=Euro ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ some devs pull because if they do I am most certainly out (charge 20 USD on the US side but like 15-16 euros on the EU side, not 20, if I see 20 this game goes on the "80% sale" watchlist).

Yeah, I hope he does that. 15 euros would be a very fair price.

PS: Have a bus
Last edited by Friedrich; Apr 29 @ 12:06pm
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50