This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Sky Nations
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 1, 2013 @ 3:35pm
Official Q&A Post
Hey guys, if you have any questions about Sky Nations I'll try to answer them. Drop them in this thread and I'll check it often for new posts.
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Plzbanme Oct 1, 2013 @ 3:52pm 
I know the answers to some but others might not so I am just going to ask them right off the bat.

1) Why is this not a mod for minecraft?

2)How much you goig to charge if it gets on steam?

3)What features or content will you add to the game over time?

4)What is ship size limit?

5)If I buy this form your website will I get a key for steam later?

6)Why is your nick name space cowboy?
Last edited by Plzbanme; Oct 1, 2013 @ 3:53pm
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 1, 2013 @ 4:56pm 
1) It's entirely a different game. Though obviously is inspire by games like Minecraft.
2) It will be the same price as it is on other mediums if/when it releases on steam.
3) This is a pretty big question but the main ones are more functionality to Nations, adding NPCs and a larger selection of islands for map generation with the items and materials that come a long with that.
4) The ship size limit is 32x32x32. I don't think any of the screenshots show a ship of this size on greenlight. It's pretty big you if fill out all 3 axis.
6) Moreese.
Oxy Oct 3, 2013 @ 5:26am 
Will there be PVE content? Dungeons, Giant Bossmonsters and so on..
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 3, 2013 @ 6:53am 
I don't have dungeons planned. As they don't fit in the aesthetic.

But there will be aggressive and non-aggressive NPCs as PVE content in the future.
GnomeSlice Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:02am 
Will the be any large hostile or placid creatures? Like a sea monster, but in the sky?
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:15am 
That'd be pretty interesting to do. I want to experiment a bit with larger scale monsters so I can work out if there's any major issues with them before I confirm something like that though. :)
Luthan Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:46am 
Is it normal that near the spawn some player seems to "fly" down in the air(no ship) and when I tried to shoot him he somehow killed me and I spawned back at spawn instead of the spawn block at my ship and he was at my ship then? Or was this a hacker?

Edit: Or maybe it was a bug lol. Seems he also died and spawned at spawn and I killed him with gun. So far a nice game.

Will there be other sources of iron or other stuff to build thrusters and reactors in the future? Seems a bit hard to find iron sometimes. Other than that it is already fun.
Last edited by Luthan; Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:48am
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 3, 2013 @ 7:51am 
Yeah, iron is not as widely available as I would like it at the moment. To increase the rate of it in pillar will require a map reset. I want to get as much as I can into a single map reset. To make sure it doesn't upset users. So I'm currently waiting on doing an update that adds some other things to the map generation before I increase it.
LAShTAL Oct 3, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
As someone who will not be playing with friends and mostly single player :(

What mechanics will be implemented for ship security when you log out. The idea of disassembling your aircraft after each play session and having to rebuild your ship again when you log in doesn't actually scream "fun" to me.

Also, according to the wiki if you hide your ship inside a "cave" other plays will be able to see it because player objects render first. Is this working as intended or will be patched in the future?

Could you also elaborate on "Nations"...
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 4, 2013 @ 6:42pm 
I have a few things planned to help deter and prevent players from stealing things during offline to do with base defenses. The idea being your docked ship would be safe while you are gone with fairly automated defenses being possible on land.

The ships appearing first won't be patched. They are loaded separate server side and there is always less ships than there is land so ship will be loaded much quicker due to that.

Nations are basically a way for players to group up under one banner. At the moment they are the very base implementation of this. Pressing K allows you to create and manage a Nation. They will tie into a lot of things in the future. Things like the automated defenses mentioned above.
Oxy Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:58pm 
Will it be possible to have some kind of hangar inside your ships to transport smaller ships?
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:52pm 
I want to do something like this in the future. I don't have any specific plans for it yet. I'm not certain if it will be possible performance wise due to the extra collision checks, but I'll see what shakes out with some experimentation in the future.
AffectiveGamers/DecryptedGaming Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:55pm 
Can you add me to Steam so I will be able to talk to you about the game?
Cronos Oct 19, 2013 @ 10:23am 
Will & when will this ported to OS X + Linux since the Greenlight page only says PC for now. I've purchased the game and will play it either way, but quick expansion to other platforms will gain more sales.
MrBenjammin  [developer] Oct 19, 2013 @ 10:57am 
Porting to a different platforms isn't an easy task as many parts of the games rendering will have to be adapted to OGL's quirks. But I'm waiting on MonoGame to support hardware instancing before I attempt any other platform builds. It's unlikely that there will be multiplatform release during alpha though as it means updating and deploying updates becomes a much larger task. So hopefully in the future there will be a Mac and Linux build. But there's no confirmation on that.
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50