Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Lusipurr's Fountain of Perpetual Disappointment
Gilscore Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:41pm
Graphics VS Gameplay/ Story
I think that good graphics arn't what make a game so aybody who dosn't like it can leave, and they are making an awsome game!
Last edited by Gilscore; Dec 7, 2013 @ 8:49pm
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
OttoNL Sep 28, 2013 @ 9:22am 
Maybe it should be Graphics vs Story...

In an RPG I think of gameplay as how well the game is balanced and if the difficulty is set not too easy or too hard and that kinda stuff. When I think about CoD gameplay I think about player movement, gun handling and so on, so it's hard for me to compare the two.

I personally like shooters and rpgs, I don't like CoD gameplay but to say pokemon gameplay is better.... Hard to compare. I would say that pokemon (Yellow, Red, Blue, Green) is more awesome then most CoD's IMO.
|EFG| Kat10271 Sep 29, 2013 @ 12:05pm 
Exactly, Comparing Pokemon gameplay and CoD gameplay is like comparing apples and oranges. I think it should be Graphics vs. Story as well, and this game does not appear to have a very good story or very good graphics. The jokes It showed were... for lack of a better word, lame. Who designs a game where one of the jokes is "farts"? Very few people, because when people are promised humor, they usually want jokes that are more advanced than things everyone found funny in Kindergarden.
Moonset Games  [developer] Sep 29, 2013 @ 8:31pm 
Unless the game is aware of the immature status of fart jokes and the fact that the game's title is "Lusipurr's Fountain of Perpetual Disappointment" makes it aware enough to use a simple joke for more complex satire. Especially because he just says "farts" and not an actual fart joke. Nate is a character. If somebody in real life says nothing but fart jokes, what sort of human are they? What must be the true nature of their character? I take character, story, and theme very seriously, but that has no relation to what sorts of characters I take seriously. A game doesn't have to be melodrama for it to be poignant. In fact, I think games are missing true looks into complex characters, and a lot of complex people say constantly stupid things. But I suppose this is all up for the game to prove, not a 90 window. It's a very difficult concept to portray in that time anyway, and I certainly could do a better job of it. My response certainly doesn't mean your reaction is unjust, and I'll just work harder to try and show what this game is all about.
torneko Sep 30, 2013 @ 7:00pm 
OK, you've earned my vote on this one. Sure it's a gamble, but no cash is on the line as of yet.=p
shikalazynara Sep 30, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
Originally posted by |EFC| Kat10271:
Exactly, Comparing Pokemon gameplay and CoD gameplay is like comparing apples and oranges. I think it should be Graphics vs. Story as well, and this game does not appear to have a very good story or very good graphics. The jokes It showed were... for lack of a better word, lame. Who designs a game where one of the jokes is "farts"? Very few people, because when people are promised humor, they usually want jokes that are more advanced than things everyone found funny in Kindergarden.

I agree. This looks like a game that you would find on an old new grounds account. Like one of those Sim date or RPG life games. The title, mind you though, seem pretty witty. But it's also aspects like the art work for the characters seemed to be lacking, and also that in the trailer: there didn't seem to give much explination about what was going on. Granted, maybe the actual plot without any of those lame puns could be really cool, but adding those in just gives the game a sort of immature vibe, and as if not much time was thought into making the game a viablely good or entertaining story line to spend your money on. This game just reminds me too much of my new grounds years in middle school to be honest. When I also had "tissues on the bed" that I asked people not to touch. (Lol, just kidding about the tissues by the way).
Fenrir007 Oct 19, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
Good art direction is much more important than having great looking individual assets. That is ESSENTIAL in almost any game.
Moonset Games  [developer] Dec 6, 2013 @ 6:47am 
Originally posted by Fenrir007:
Good art direction is much more important than having great looking individual assets. That is ESSENTIAL in almost any game.
An excellent well-received point, Fenrir. We hope to surprise people with how the game looks the next time we reveal footage.
FroSting Jan 28 @ 2:25am 
Great idea))
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50