Mann Whole-Cover v2
xFAILZx184[selling weapons] Sep 27, 2013 @ 1:19pm
The discussion we all love to hate...stats
What do you guys expect this to be? Retexture of the Chargin' Targe? Or maybe inverse of Splendid Shield, more defense in exchange for offensive capabilities? (e.g. only mini-crits possible and less impact damage but more resistance to fire/explosive)
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
ABlueBadger Sep 27, 2013 @ 3:12pm 
subject to editing WILL BE OP, TRYING TO FIND BALANCE
+ explosion on impact of charge
+ - 66% blast push taken while charging
+ 66% bulet resist while charging
+ 66% fire resist while charging
+ 66% blast resist while charging
+ 66% sentry resist while charging
+ 1.5 second charge time
+ progectiles bounce off while charging; rockets grenades, ect
- only mini krits on charged mele
- 50% bash damage
- 20% move speed and jump hight
- no random mini krits or crits on all wepons
- jarate crits not mini crits sorry if im wrong, not to familiar with it
- milk does 10% more healing
- blood lasts 5% longer and does 5% more damage
- 20% longer recharge rate
in a set, help me with a name like "sewer man"?
a swewer pipe for mele +20% knockback on mele swing + 1.5 charge time -25 health
and a beer kegs for boots + 20% moovespeed on water + walk on water and +25 health
kemley Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
Retexture of the Chargin' Targe would be nice.
xFAILZx184[selling weapons] Sep 27, 2013 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Demo-Pan?:
maybe like
+ - 33% blast push taken
+ 33% bulet resist
+ 33% fire resist
+33% blast resist
- only mini krits on charged mele
- 33% bash damage
- 10% jump hight
- no random mini krits or crits
By no random crits do you mean on the shield or all of the user's weapons? The shields don't get random crits anyway
The Glitch Ecliptic Sep 27, 2013 @ 6:35pm 
I personally would like to see a shield that reduces knockback force, akin to the Manntreads.

Why you ask? Because when I play demoknight, nothing is more frustrating than having a perfectly lined up charge ruined by a bit of damage from a blindfire rocket or grenade blowing up nearby enough to graze me.

Equally frustrating is a scout with the FAN being able to stop a charge dead with a grazing blow, or being tossed around by sentry fire even though you're charging top speed lengthwise across the arc of it's firing field, and only a slim portion of the shots actually hit you.
xFAILZx184[selling weapons] Sep 27, 2013 @ 6:45pm 
Originally posted by The Glitch Ecliptic:
I personally would like to see a shield that reduces knockback force, akin to the Manntreads.

Why you ask? Because when I play demoknight, nothing is more frustrating than having a perfectly lined up charge ruined by a bit of damage from a blindfire rocket or grenade blowing up nearby enough to graze me.

Equally frustrating is a scout with the FAN being able to stop a charge dead with a grazing blow, or being tossed around by sentry fire even though you're charging top speed lengthwise across the arc of it's firing field, and only a slim portion of the shots actually hit you.
Not actually a bad idea, considering this is steel compared to the others being wood/some kind of bronze, makes sense really
Robotnic mc Pingas Sep 27, 2013 @ 8:01pm 
i say :
+ 60% fire resist
+ 50% explosive resist
+ 30% bullet resist

ºyou dont loose the charge for any kind of damage (explosive and bullet only , airblast still having the hability to stop you)

ºonly gives to you mini crits on full charge (0 - 5 heads)

ºif you kill a player with the charge of the shield you get 1 head in your head counter (only with eyelander tipe melee)

ºthe base damage of the shield is 40 (increases in 20 if you have killed a player ONLY with the charge if you have killed a player with the melee the damage increases only in 10 like the normal one)

ºwith 6 heads the shield gives to you the crits on full charge (like the splendid screen and chagin` targe) ( sorry for my english :c)
Overlord Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:51pm 
+20% Explosive Resistance
+10% Bullet Resistance
-10% Movement Speed
-10% Charge Duration

My reasoning is because;

Explosive + Bullet resist, because it is a shield, and sewerplates are often quite dense.
Movement Loss + Charge Duration, Well, its a big, heavy sewer plate, you try charging at someone with that strapped to your arm :P
The Gentlemenly Kiwi Sep 28, 2013 @ 12:17am 
if you can could you make a land mine skin for a sheild. had a weapon idea for that, called it the scottiish method, but i dont know how to make skins.
Jablo Sep 28, 2013 @ 4:51am 
+50% Fire Resistance
-30% Blast push taken
-20% Movement Speed

I think Demo needs anti-pyro item like this. Maybe you have any better ideas?
Snorlax Sep 28, 2013 @ 10:10am 
+Invunlerable to jarate and milk
+-66% knockback
+ deals damage at any range

-10 health on charge
+5% fire damage vunlerability
xFAILZx184[selling weapons] Sep 28, 2013 @ 11:07am 
Originally posted by BOX Lord Pootis Spencer Potato:
+Invunlerable to jarate and milk
+-66% knockback
+ deals damage at any range

-10 health on charge
+5% fire damage vunlerability
Let's not makes stats just because we'd like to see something like it in the game. I don't see what about the shield would make it immune to jar/milk, and you have very, very few downsides for those benefits
xFAILZx184[selling weapons] Sep 28, 2013 @ 11:09am 
Originally posted by Jablo:
+50% Fire Resistance
-30% Blast push taken
-20% Movement Speed

I think Demo needs anti-pyro item like this. Maybe you have any better ideas?
The Targe really was an anti-pyro item, it gave a 40-50% resistance to fire and immune to afterburn. Which is ironic because the shield is made of wood :P
Robotnic mc Pingas Sep 28, 2013 @ 11:40am 
Originally posted by Overlord:
+20% Explosive Resistance
+10% Bullet Resistance
-10% Movement Speed
-10% Charge Duration

My reasoning is because;

Explosive + Bullet resist, because it is a shield, and sewerplates are often quite dense.
Movement Loss + Charge Duration, Well, its a big, heavy sewer plate, you try charging at someone with that strapped to your arm :P
the speed move is well , but the charge duration is a big downside but you have the reason because is a sewer plate so heavy to move , but remember its a game in the real life you dont run in the street with a RPG doing rocketjumps...
Snorlax Sep 28, 2013 @ 11:54am 
Originally posted by xFAILZx185:
Originally posted by BOX Lord Pootis Spencer Potato:
+Invunlerable to jarate and milk
+-66% knockback
+ deals damage at any range

-10 health on charge
+5% fire damage vunlerability
Let's not makes stats just because we'd like to see something like it in the game. I don't see what about the shield would make it immune to jar/milk, and you have very, very few downsides for those benefits

This isnt a medieval mode item its a downgrade in that...
xFAILZx184[selling weapons] Sep 28, 2013 @ 1:05pm 
Originally posted by BOX Lord Pootis Spencer Potato:
Originally posted by xFAILZx185:
Let's not makes stats just because we'd like to see something like it in the game. I don't see what about the shield would make it immune to jar/milk, and you have very, very few downsides for those benefits

This isnt a medieval mode item its a downgrade in that...
Who said anything about medieval? I'm talking about in general, there is not a whole lot of reason to not use this over the other shields, especially the Splendid since your main downfall is lack of the buffs the other shields provide (which the screen doesn't provide much of anyway). Compared to Splendid: Immune to Jarate and milk and big resistance to knockback, at the cost of only 10 health lost per charge (which isn't much of a big deal anyway, with the charge delay you can easily find a health kit) and lack of small resistance buffs
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50