This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Dungeon of Elements
Frogdice  [developer] Sep 21, 2013 @ 8:55am
Q: If I Buy DoE From Your Site, Will I Get a Steam Code? A: YES!
If you get Dungeon of Elements[doe.frogdice.com] as a Kickstarter backer or from buying directly off our web site, you will get a FREE STEAM CODE when we are Greenlit.

The version of Dungeon of Elements[doe.frogdice.com] you can buy from our site starting September 24 is 100% DRM free. No online check. No client wrapper. Nothing. So there is definitely a nice bonus to grabbing it from there since you will also get a Steam code later.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew this.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Frogdice  [developer] Sep 21, 2013 @ 3:02pm 
Greenlight FAQ:

Q: If my game is accepted through Steam Greenlight, can I give my previous customers keys for the Steam version?

A: Once your game is accepted for distribution on Steam, we will give you as many keys for your game as you want at no cost.
Motoki Nov 11, 2013 @ 7:43am 
Originally posted by Frogdice:
Greenlight FAQ:

Q: If my game is accepted through Steam Greenlight, can I give my previous customers keys for the Steam version?

A: Once your game is accepted for distribution on Steam, we will give you as many keys for your game as you want at no cost.

It's funny how many developers don't know this when it's right in the FAQ. Most will say 'Well I don't know. We'll try but I don't know if Valve will let us etc'. Meanwhile a bajillion other indie games have already given keys to existing owners freely without issue.

Anyhow, I was also wondering since this game is on Desura will this apply to Desura as well, i.e. will Desura purchasers get a Steam key if the game is Greenlit?

Desura does allow for Steam (or other) keys to be added via the users' collection page. http://www.desura.com/collection
Frogdice  [developer] Nov 12, 2013 @ 9:03pm 
Motoki: It looks like there is a feature for linking Steam keys to Desura, so it may be possible once we are Greenlit to link up and give Desura buyers a Steam key that way.

The safest way would be to buy directly from us, but I think it will work even if you buy via Desura or the Humble Store.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50