Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Blob
dozdranagon  [developer] Sep 20, 2013 @ 11:59am
Talking Bad
Say as many bad things about Blob as you can in this discussion. I really need every bit if your s#!tstorm to refine the game.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Little Bunny Fuu Sep 20, 2013 @ 2:39pm 
dozdranagon  [developer] Sep 20, 2013 @ 2:43pm 
PsyChiCzna, thanks, but that's too small a bit for me to digest ))
Zakhep Sep 21, 2013 @ 2:29am 
A paid game without upgrades is not a game that deserves to exist.
Кузьмич Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:20pm 
super
сверху рачки Sep 22, 2013 @ 6:01am 
ничё так
J3lackStar Sep 22, 2013 @ 11:58am 
lol
maddingue Sep 22, 2013 @ 2:08pm 
Thank you for putting up a demo. Just tried it, and will write here it my impressions. As English is not my native language and I'm mostly dumping my thoughts, please excuse me it's a bit unstructured.

I don't specially want to say bad things about this game, but I find the controls pretty hard: making you blob turn with the mouse takes a long time, with it making a large detour, sometimes over a place with no floor, thus making the blob fall into the abyss. By the way, the fall is too long. I'd advise to reduce the delay: it's just annoying to wait so long for the blob to fall.

Level design wise, maybe there's too much abyss. One can wonder whether this hole here can be passed over, is this crack there safe, oh and here, I didn't see another hole. At times the blob can slide over a very thin path, at others not. I note that part of the puzzles is how to get to some places, which are at different heights. That's a good idea. However, there's little to no visual clue to tell the player at which altitude the blob is. Look at your screenshots: they just look flat. The only thing that distinguish the rocks from the ground is their colour. I know the perspective makes their appearance change a bit, but that's not enough.
Everything is a bit too dark, with not enough drop shadows. I understand you want to create a dark ambiance, but I think here it's having an impact on the game experience.

Also, the gameplay contradicts a bit the description: it can't really be a "slow paced puzzle-platformer" which "bring[s] peace and harmony into your soul" when you need to keep your blob moving from one energy spot to the other to avoid depletion. And the heavy controls don't help.

In summary, you have a good base, but I find the overall too frustrating for it to be enjoyable and to consider buying it as a game right now. In my opinion, you need to fine-tune the game, and make different kinds of people play-test it: gamers, casual gamers, kids. Depends on your target.
dozdranagon  [developer] Sep 22, 2013 @ 2:39pm 
maddingue, thanks a lot! Some of the things you've listed, are actually on the TODO list.

The lack of visual clues on height and depth is a big thing, and I'm currently trying various approaches on how to solve this. Will keep you updated and thanks for the feedback!
Arbetrayer Sep 26, 2013 @ 3:33am 
I was unable to move at all in the windows unity demo on firefox 23.0.1. It's sad cuz at least it was graphically pleasing.
dozdranagon  [developer] Sep 26, 2013 @ 6:07am 
Arbetrayer, thanks for your feedback, I'll go try and check on that. Blob should move forward automatically when it has energy. You can control it with a mouse or with arrow keys. None of these methods work for you?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50