Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Heroes of Might and Wisdom V11
epic  [utvecklare] 21 sep, 2013 @ 17:26
Suggest a better Hero
I have limited knowledge of world history, I use some movie Heroes and fairy tale Heroes, which are not the best choice. You may know a bette Hero for some Civs. Give your advice here, and I'll add it in future versions, and add your credits.

Your Hero should be a well-known historic or mythical Hero figure;
Your Hero should not be the same with thouse already use in other Civs;
Your Hero can't be a war criminal like Hitler;

You should at least post a valid wikipedia entry. If you can, add a portrait (256*256) and write your own intrudction of the Hero. The Civ the Hero belong, and the one to replace.

Female Heroes are welcome:) It's best for each Civ has one female Hero.

You can also suggest Barbarian Heroes. They should be quite Brute or Evil Mages.
Senast ändrad av epic; 24 sep, 2013 @ 21:34
< >
Visar 1-15 av 35 kommentarer
D0KT0R K0SM0S 22 sep, 2013 @ 3:40 
the boogeyman under the bed.
Lord_Daemonar 22 sep, 2013 @ 10:12 
A list of current heroes would be useful
Jango34 22 sep, 2013 @ 12:53 
Denmark -

Prince Hamlet, is the title character and protagonist of William Shakespeare's tragedy Hamlet. He is the Prince of Denmark, nephew to the usurping Claudius, and son of King Hamlet, the previous King of Denmark.

Niels Bohr, was a Danish physicist who made foundational contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum mechanics, for which he received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1922. Bohr was also a philosopher and a promoter of scientific research. In 1943, having a Jewish mother, he fled to Sweden to escape ♥♥♥♥-persecution and successfully pleaded to the Swedish king to allow refuge to all the 8,000 Danish Jews he fled with.

King Canute, was a king of Denmark, England, Norway, and parts of Sweden, together often referred to as the Anglo-Scandinavian or North Sea Empire. After the death of his heirs within a decade of his own and the Norman conquest of England in 1066, his legacy was largely lost to history. Historian Norman Cantor has made the statement that he was "the most effective king in Anglo-Saxon history", despite his not being Anglo-Saxon.
Jango34 22 sep, 2013 @ 13:01 
The Shoshone-

Sacagawea - also Sakakawea or Sacajawea, was a Lemhi Shoshone woman, who accompanied the Lewis and Clark Expedition, acting as an interpreter and guide, in their exploration of the Western United States. She traveled thousands of miles from North Dakota to the Pacific Ocean between 1804 and 1806.

Washakie - was a renowned warrior first mentioned in 1840 in the written record of the American fur trapper, Osborne Russell. In 1851, at the urging of trapper Jim Bridger, Washakie led a band of Shoshones to the council meetings of the Treaty of Fort Laramie (1851). Essentially from that time until his death, he was considered the head of the Eastern Shoshones by the representatives of the United States government.

Issa/Wolf - Creator and culture hero of the Shoshone tribe. Like other figures from the Shoshone mythic age, Wolf is usually represented as a man, but sometimes takes on the literal form of a wolf.
I am aware this is probably not in your list of priorities, but would you accept suggestions for heroes for custom civs?
Also, for Brazil (the non-custom civ I tested this in, since I'm brazilian), I'd suggest replacing the carnival princess for Lampião as a scout hero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampião

It fits his life; he was a bandit who lived in north-eastern brazil, which is known for being very arid and rough (and after all scouts in civ games are all about crossing rough terrains with ease), and he is was notoriously famous to kill, which seem to fit the Ranger class of hero you were aiming for.

If you are willing to use mythical beings, I'd also change the Carnival Queen for the Sací

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saci_(Brazilian_folklore)

The sací is about the most famous you can get with brazilian folklore (which meas he is a very famous myth in brazil but not much elsewere). He is a trickster spirit, who takes the form of a one-legged black boy smoking a pipe, and he can appear and disappear by spinning into a tornado, as well as control the winds.

King Momo is not a bad choice at all, and it fits the civ's current UA theming.

Still, I would hardly call a fat man a 'martialist', and as a hero he wouldn't inspire me as a melee fighter at all. I think he would fit better as some other class of hero, such as a magician. If a second magician would somehow unbalance the civ (I dunno if it would), and you feel the third hero should still be a martialist, I would suggest changing King Momo for a capoeira master, like Mestre Bimba, who is the man who created 'modern' capoeira. Plus, he kind of looks like Samuel L. Jackson, sometimes;

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mestre_Bimba

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_dos_Reis_Machado

It would make sense for the martialist hero of a civ be the man who almost single-handedly created a martial art which became a simbol of his country.

Also, I was playing while writing this, and this mod is in fact very, very well done. I approve.
epic  [utvecklare] 22 sep, 2013 @ 17:01 
Thanks for the good suggestions, will add them in next version
what about barbarians getting conan the barbarian? (i havent played the mod yet but i wanted to suggest a hero really quickly
epic  [utvecklare] 23 sep, 2013 @ 18:48 
conan is an Assyria hero now
but the idea of barbarian hero is really good, I'd like to add them in future
Jango34 24 sep, 2013 @ 10:11 
Russia-

Baba Yaga: In Slavic folklore, Baba Yaga is a supernatural being (or one of a trio of sisters of the same name) who appears as a deformed and/or ferocious-looking woman. Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar, wields a pestle, and dwells deep in the forest in a hut usually described as standing on chicken legs. Baba Yaga may help or hinder those that encounter or seek her out and may play a maternal role and has associations with forest wildlife. According to Vladimir Propp's folktale morphology, Baba Yaga commonly appears as either a donor, villain, or may be altogether ambiguous.

Ilya Muromets (Russian: Илья́ Му́ромец) is a Kievan Rus' epic hero. He is celebrated in numerous byliny (folk epic poems). Along with Dobrynya Nikitich and Alyosha Popovich he is regarded as the greatest of all the legendary bogatyrs (i.e., medieval knights-errant of Kievan Rus).

Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev (Russian: Васи́лий Григо́рьевич За́йцев, IPA: [vʌˈsʲilʲɪj ɡrʲɪˈɡorʲjevʲɪtɕ ˈzajtsɨf]; 23 March 1915 – 15 December 1991) was a Soviet sniper during World War II, notable particularly for his activities between 10 November and 17 December 1942, during the Battle of Stalingrad; during this five-week period he killed 225 soldiers and officers of the Wehrmacht and other Axis armies, including 11 enemy snipers.
Jango34 24 sep, 2013 @ 10:35 
Morocco-

Ibn Battuta (ابن بطوطة) (February 25, 1304 – 1368 or 1369), was a Moroccan explorer. He is known for his extensive travels, accounts of which were published in the Rihla (lit. "Journey"). Over a period of thirty years, Ibn Battuta visited most of the known Islamic world as well as many non-Muslim lands. His journeys included trips to North Africa, the Horn of Africa, West Africa and Eastern Europe in the West, and to the Middle East, South Asia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia and China in the East, a distance surpassing threefold his near-contemporary Marco Polo. Ibn Battuta is considered one of the greatest travellers of all time.

Moulay Ismaïl Ibn Sharif (1634? or 1645? – 22 March 1727), reigned 1672–1727.[1] (Arabic: مولاي إسماعيل بن الشريف ابن النصر‎) was the second ruler of the Moroccan Alaouite dynasty. Like others of the dynasty, Ismaïl claimed to be a descendant of Muhammad through his roots to Hassan ibn Ali. He is also known in his native country as the "Warrior King".

(This one is a bit of a stretch but a nice mythological change)

Antaeus (also Antaios) (Ἀνταῖος) in Greek and Berber mythology was a half-giant, the son of Poseidon and Gaia, whose wife was goddess Tinge. Antaeus had a daughter named Alceis or Barce.
Admiral Richard 24 sep, 2013 @ 18:39 
Hi lol btw I like your mod a lot. I see what you did for the Arab and Ottoman specifically lol its okay man we don't all know the history. But okay, I will give you some amazing heroes for these regions who are so epic you would go nuts to make

Arabia:

1) Salah Al Din Al Ayoubi: This guy is known to you probably as Saladin. He was a very amazing leader. People all over the world both in and out of the Muslim territories loved him. He was a contemporary and friend of Richard the Lion hearted. Saladin was the one who liberated Jerusalem from the Christians... but in such a chivalrous way that stories of his nobility and knightliness were told in all the Christian territories. A hero like this is hard to come by, because he was loved by the people who were at war with him. IN the end, the leader of the crusaders, Richard, and Saladin exchanged many gifts and letters. Saladin did not enslave the native population, and there are very very very few negative accounts of him by anyone. He was renowned for his justice, and when he died, there wasn't enough money left in the treasury for his funeral.

2) Rukn al Din Bebers: Starting off as a slave after his home town was sacked, he eventurally became the man who stopped the Monghols in his expertly crafted battle of Ein Jalut. But before he got here he had qutie a few enemies who were envious of him. One of them, the queen of Egypt at the time, decided she wanted him to die because he seemed like a threat to her. She sent him on a suicide mission against the French... but he returned with the Frnech King as a hostage and won everything. After the monghols sacked the hell out of Baghdad, they were going to be on their way to Egypt. Rukn an Din was the one who orchestrated the battle of Ein Jalut. He charged cavlary into the monghol cavalry forces and wwould then run them bakc. These heavy cavlary would throw epxlsoives, kill a few and run away. Repeatedly. Until the monghol general got so fed up with this he just charged his men into a trap, where archers waited on hills and ended up winning the battle in an ambush. Bebers was not an Arab but he was the one who won the right to rule Egypt and Greater Syria and heal a broken empire. He was also a patron of science and was a devout Muslim. He died, and many people believe his retainers poisoned him.

Ottoman:

1) Mehmet II the Conqueror (a.k.a. Fatah): This is a guy you just don't miss Ottoman history about. I'd replace Bayezid wit this guy. I didn't like Bayezid too much. He wasn't special and if anything he seemed quite a bit incompetent and drunk. But Fatah was really amazing. He is the one who not only conquered Constantnople, but he took the city and turned it into the captial of the Ottoman Empire. The city used to belong to one of the most notirous rulers in history, Constantine. The people of Constantople were very very happy to see Fatah come into their lands and liberate them, and even greeted him with a parade when he came in. He turned the city from a war-torn disgrace of a city into the magnificent captial of the Ottomans. This is not an exaggeration, and many people consider Fatah to be the one who built modern day Istanbul. There's even a bridge still named after him. Also, in terms of morality, many look up to him. He was the one who founded jannisaries and he forbade them to rape or loot the conquered homes. Some people will hate this guy because he was Ottoman and towards the end of their 600 year reign they did many bad things (Armenian genocide for instance), but even the people who hate him don't tend to critcize his character.

2)
Admiral Richard 24 sep, 2013 @ 18:42 
also lol I see you played nobunaga's ambition! Katsuei Shibata lmaolmao ! hahahaha the pic!! damn dude this is a great mod
epic  [utvecklare] 25 sep, 2013 @ 1:33 
Thanks for the suggestion, will add them in new version
Besides, it's best to have one female hero for each Civ, it make the mod balance
Admiral Richard 25 sep, 2013 @ 11:59 
Also I just wanted to say I thought it was really fun having heroes like The Ugly duckling and red riding hood and cinderella lol. I thought that was amazing. Maybe you could have like these heroes (if you wanted more than 3 per civ) be available as unlockable heroes of lore like one unlockable lore hero an age or something. Because it would be a shame to see new heroes replace those fantasy heroes who were just awesome lol. Like seriously, nothing beats beating down a city with the ugly duckling . NOTHING! lol
< >
Visar 1-15 av 35 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50