ChooseGoodyHutReward
BarbarianCampPopup
GameSetupScreen
AdvancedSetup
SelectCivilization

How to Post a Bug(taking from Ingame Editor, thanks for DonQuiche):
The infos I need
Do you play on PC or Mac?
Do you have the Gods & Kings expansion or not?
Is it a legal and up-to-date version? Please be honest, there are no FBI agents lurking on forums, they have better ways anyway.
A description of the problem.
A screenshot may help or not, it's up to you to decide.
If the problem is caused by a mod, the mod's name, version, and where you got it ("steam workshop" or an url).
LUA's error message if you got one, a LUA log otherwise. The log is always better but the error message is often enough.

Making a LUA log when needed
Close civilization V.
Open config.ini with the notepad (My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5)
Search for the line "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace it with "LoggingEnabled = 1". Do the same with "EnableLuaDebugLibrary = 0": set it to 1. If this line does not exist, add it before LoggingEnabled.
Save config.ini and close
Start civilization V.
Start a new game with MOD enabled, open it and reproduce the problem.
Close civilization V (may not be necessary, not sure, you may check for an error line at the bottom of the log)
Add lua.log in your post, either as an attachment (compressed to zip or renamed to lua.txt), or within a spoiler markup.
If you don't know how to attach a file to your post, click "go advanced" to use the advanced edition mode, then click "manage attachments".

Then post your lua log at:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=509427
Last edited by epic; Sep 26, 2013 @ 4:20pm
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
< >
ゼーン Sitcomedy ゼーン Sep 22, 2013 @ 6:22am 
I founded my first city at the beginning of the game, and the heroes notification came up telling me I can recruit heroes but the available heroes tab is empty. At the top right it says I have 0 heroes recruited out of the 0 available. I am using a custom civilization. Is this mod incompatible with custom civs?
Xavion Sep 22, 2013 @ 8:30am 
On PC got all the DLC and Expansions. My hero had the ignore terrain cost promotion from it's time as a scout when I got the magic boots from an encampment, the ignore terrain cost promotion then dissapeared from the unit but it still seems to be affected by it.
epic  [developer] Sep 22, 2013 @ 4:52pm 
@Sitcomedy
will grant random hero to custom civs in next version

@Xavion
This Mod will hide the promotion if it's provided by an artifact
Also if you have a higher level promotion, eg, Scouting III, then the lower level ones are hiden(Scouting I or II)
The reason to do this is hero units may got too many promotions that can't be displayed
eivind.petersen Sep 24, 2013 @ 7:58am 
my heroes lost all aquired artifacts and skills when I reloaded my safegame
DF|Necrotarch Sep 24, 2013 @ 10:21am 
Platform: PC
Game Version: G&k + BNW + gold package
Mod Version: V2 from the civ forum as you suggested me
Problem: Even though there's a newer version of a unit (spearmen -> pikemen) I can't upgrade a hero! (Perseus in this case) The button for the upgrade is actually there but it has no effect when I click it. I'm not sure if I have enough gold saved to upgrade the unit but I guess 800 gold is about enough.
Might an other mod cause this problem? I could list all the mods I activated if needed. They are quite a lot and I can't imagine an interference so I didn't add the list.
epic  [developer] Sep 24, 2013 @ 5:43pm 
@eivind.petersen
That's a known bug that mod cache not cleaned when return to Main Menu, restart the game will fix it, and I'll fix the bug in next version

@Necrotarch
Seems an LUA bug happened when you click upgrade, if you can use Live Tuner, please post the lua log file at:
I'll debug the issue
[HeRo]Tidy Man Sep 24, 2013 @ 10:02pm 
PC when I leave the game menu and go back to host a new game, the heroes have the same ability even though the description says rnadoml chance. Like if I dont exit civ 5 completely, if I go play as Arabia twice I get Sinbad with the exact same starting talents, Ali Baba with the same exact one and the third hero with the exact same ability. Also, what I realized is if I leveled up the hero and I didn't exit civ 5 and I played a new game with the same civ, that hero would be the same level as the one I had just played with the same skills I picked from previous game. However, if I relaunched civ before gmae this would undo that.
Xavion Sep 25, 2013 @ 3:46am 
How does the AI get it's heros? Becuase in my current game it's only just hitting medieval era but the huns have 5 heros. That's a minimum of 4800 gold which is just insane for that point, they also have negative gpt and while they have the most gold that's only around 500 so I'm fairly iffy of this. I think I read somewhere that AI heros get a boost to xp but they're all at least level 7 so it seems fairly extreme or a lot of barbs (quite possible actually as I haven't explored near their capital yet).
epic  [developer] Sep 25, 2013 @ 4:33am 
@The Omniscience
This is a known bug about mod data cache, will fix in next version

@Xavion
AI get hereos for free, and their hero receive bonus of xp, artifact, talents and promotions,
All to help these poor AI, since they can't play as clever as Human player
Junshi Sep 25, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
PC version with all updates, DLC's, and expansions. After your last update today my heroes can no longer use thier spells. It gives the option to use them but once the button is "clicked" to execute you cannot target any opposing unit. In red at the top of the screen it says "out of sight" even if you are standing right next to the oppossing unit. Fantastic mod though, thanks!
epic  [developer] Sep 25, 2013 @ 9:39pm 
@Junshi
It seems a LUA bug, but I can't reproduce it.
Can you follow the instruction at #1 to post a LUA log at here:
I'll debug it
Kneeb561 Sep 25, 2013 @ 11:13pm 
Platform: PC with all updates, , have G&K & BNW installed. Most DLC's and expansions installed too. Installed Heroes V2 from Steam Workshop using Subscribe button.
Problem: After researching at about Animal Husbandry (tail end of Prehistoric Era), it says choose Free Tech. I do, and it just lets me keep choosing Free Techs. I went all the way to the end of the research Tree and it will not let me End Turn because Choose Free Tech is blocking the End turn button. There are no error messages. So really I cant do anymore turns because of this problem w/ the Choose Free Tech button always there. Why is this happening? Can you correct it?
(BTW: great mod, using the new Heroes, I'm curently using 4 Heroes.) Thanks, Kneeb561.
epic  [developer] Sep 25, 2013 @ 11:48pm 
@ Kneeb561
This mod don't grant free tech, but seem conflit with something else, can you post a LUA log or your bug same file at here:
I'll debug it
JonChaos Sep 26, 2013 @ 4:06am 
I have the same problems as Junshi after i installed the update today...
Worked fine yesterday but after the update the mod is broken.

Is there a way to download the version before the update so i can play the mod until the bug has been fixed?
JonChaos Sep 26, 2013 @ 4:07am 
ps. not even melee skills are working while the hero is standing in the adjactant tile as its target...
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50