Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Heroes of Might and Wisdom V11
epic  [desarrollador] 16 NOV 2013 a las 17:05
Fixed upgrade path vs. Free upgrade path
Currently this MOD use a free upgrade path for hero, they can upgrade to any unit type that you can build.
But there is a drawback of this setting, a berserker can upgrade to an archer, while a magician can upgrade to spearman. the upgrade unit type may not fit the hero class.

I wonder if a fxied upgrade path will be better than the current setting?
In that case, a berserker can only upgrade to melee units, and paladin can only upgrade to mounted units.
Welcome your ideas about that.
< >
Mostrando 1-9 de 9 comentarios
townkrier 17 NOV 2013 a las 21:27 
I would vote for a fixed upgrade path. I've done it where I have attacked a capitals, cleared out the enemies, and then switched my heroes mostly to Catapaults and took the capitals. It took out a bit of realism but I an exploiter :D
leob70 25 NOV 2013 a las 14:48 
I would prefer a free upgrade path. there are better ways to remove exploitibility than removing customisation and there could be a magician with a bow or spear that uses magic to improve the weapons power or support it.
hambil 27 NOV 2013 a las 11:58 
One of your civs had a special hero with the ability to take control of other units. Perhaps rather than an upgrade path, heroes can switch to control any unit you've built?
HiddenSquire 29 NOV 2013 a las 20:19 
I am a fan of the free upgrade path. Let the classes be defined by their talents and associated artifacts rather than their unit type. More flexibility in a game is usually better.
epic  [desarrollador] 29 NOV 2013 a las 21:24 
@hambil
let hero control any unit seem an interesting idea, but that may cause other problems, like the hero get all the promotions gained by these units and grow too powerful

@HiddenSquire
After all disscussions, seems a free upgrade path is better
Toadman 26 DIC 2013 a las 9:20 
The ability to switch back and for is a little too powerful.
Maybe make a the changes follow the unit path, melee, range, siege, etc. However, you would have to program and determine that. It may be too difficult.

I am not sure how you programed the costs, but they should change according to the game speed scale, or possibly the number of changes. Each time you change the unit type, it get exponetially more costly like the heroe costs.
Maybe make a the changes follow the unit path, melee, range, siege, etc. However, you would have to program and determine that. It may be too difficult.

I am not sure how you programed the costs, but they should change according to the game speed scale, or possibly the number of changes. Each time you change the unit type, it get exponetially more costly like the heroe costs.

Toadman 26 DIC 2013 a las 9:21 

< >
Mostrando 1-9 de 9 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50