< >
Mr Mike  [developer] Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:51am 
The stats I had in mind while making this:

130 metal to build
100HP
Half ammo of LVL1 sentry
64DPS
60 second flight time
Return to helipad to re-fuel/stock ammo (or explode at end of flight time)
Festive Cake Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:52am 
He Can Be Moves With Wrangler
+25% Maximus Health (Sentry Health)
-15% Firing Speed
Mr Mike  [developer] Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:56am 
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck:
-15% Firing Speed

I havent stated yet in the description, but it uses its own RC (pistol replacement).
The Great Flying Catfish Sep 15, 2013 @ 9:46am 
First of all, this should come with a specialized melee weapon which allows the user to build it (and I mean specifically a melee weapon, to avoid conflicts with the Gunslinger being used with a custom PDA)

Secondly, I like your stat suggestions, Electronic Fox. Here are a few changes I would make, though:

Follows player for 60 seconds, automatically shooting any target within range
After 60 seconds, must return to landing pad to refuel and refill ammo
Returns to player once refueled

Cannot be upgraded
Either helipad or sentry can be sapped

While using Wrangler:
Automatic firing and movement disabled
Left-click: fire
Right-click: moves to aimed-at location
Does not gain additional stats (i.e. no shield, increased range, etc.)

Mr Mike  [developer] Sep 15, 2013 @ 10:10am 
Originally posted by POOP TRAIN CONDUCTOR:
First of all, this should come with a specialized melee weapon which allows the user to build it (and I mean specifically a melee weapon, to avoid conflicts with the Gunslinger being used with a custom PDA)

Secondly, I like your stat suggestions, Electronic Fox. Here are a few changes I would make, though:

Follows player for 60 seconds, automatically shooting any target within range
After 60 seconds, must return to landing pad to refuel and refill ammo
Returns to player once refueled

Cannot be upgraded
Either helipad or sentry can be sapped

While using Wrangler:
Automatic firing and movement disabled
Left-click: fire
Right-click: moves to aimed-at location
Does not gain additional stats (i.e. no shield, increased range, etc.)

I'll be honest, I love the idea of having it follow engie rather than being totally RC, certainly gives me some stuff to consider in this.
obclaus Sep 15, 2013 @ 12:30pm 
i think that the idea of having a targeting device that sends it to follow teammates that need extra support like medics and low health people.
Fill-Lips Sep 15, 2013 @ 3:41pm 
Originally posted by Electronic Fox:
-15% Firing Speed

I havent stated yet in the description, but it uses its own RC (pistol replacement).

The only problem with this sentence is that the gunslinger replaces the sentry, which would be a major confliction.
shersloth homes Sep 15, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
i think it should be dormet until activated. the engineer shouldn't be able to move while using it.
if the pad is zaped or the engineer is killed the r-cat should teleport to the pad. if the pad is destroid then the r-cat should be distriod aswell. as for fireing speed it should basicly be a flying pistel. movement should be about medic speed and it shouldn't be able to fly, only dubble jump. P.S. sorry about the bad spelling
Sigoshi #whytoontown Sep 15, 2013 @ 5:24pm 
I was thinking more like when you build it, you're vulnerable and cant move till you destroy it, and you cant stop piloting it without destroying it. You can't move while constructing it (to keep people from retreating to spawn). as for the turret itself, it is as fast as a medic, and cant ascend or descend (floats at engie's head level). It is just as powerful as a lv1 sentry, just mobile.
Sexualized Hybrid Sep 15, 2013 @ 5:30pm 
Originally posted by Spyakuya Togami:
I was thinking more like when you build it, you're vulnerable and cant move till you destroy it, and you cant stop piloting it without destroying it. You can't move while constructing it (to keep people from retreating to spawn). as for the turret itself, it is as fast as a medic, and cant ascend or descend (floats at engie's head level). It is just as powerful as a lv1 sentry, just mobile.
How do you destroy itwhen pilioting
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ JoshuaKurayami Sep 15, 2013 @ 11:28pm 
it would be awesome if it just followed you all over the place. Though i do prefer to restock the heli-sentry with my wrench instead of just running back and forth or always carrying the landing pad.
mtsyganov Sep 16, 2013 @ 7:00am 
кто рус
ЧАЦБАРТОН (Hacbarton) Sep 16, 2013 @ 4:32pm 
+follows you around, shooting enemies as it goes.
+doesnt need ammo
+deals 50% more damage
+rapid fires its bullets
+kamikazes into an enemy at 3% of its health
-25% slower moving
-still needs to reload itself very often
-takes 50% more damage
-bullets can be airblasted
-explosion only effects its target
Vinyl Sep 16, 2013 @ 7:16pm 
I like the idea of it being done with a melee weapon and such, so the Gunslinger can't conflict with it, and having it follow you around and leave and come back after 60 seconds and such, and the whole helipad thing so the Spy doesn't have to deal with the Engie every time, all that seems rather balanced, maybe have it have damage in a mid-point between the mini-sentry and normal sentry, maybe 11-12 or so per shot and a firing speed set between the two and smaller range than a normal sentry.
<-- Has garlic in his soul Sep 18, 2013 @ 5:40am 
Originally posted by Electronic Fox:
-15% Firing Speed

So kind of like how the Gunslinger replaces a wrench?
Maybe it uses a special wrench instead to prevent conflicts with the gunslinger screwing it up, or you could have a mini RCAT? That'd be pretty cool.
Also, since it's going to be a combat sentry (more than the mini) it would be nice if it had about the same power as a lv 1 sentry but a twitch less (or the same) DPS and 2x the rate of fire (considering its double barrels)
Finally, what if the helipad wasn't just for building it, but you could have it refuel when it doesn't "need to" which rapidly fixes it and maybe restocks ammo?

Here's my take on stats:
+Needs no ammo (or ammo restocks from helipad?)
-Player Controlled while not in helipad (M1 to stop controlling, leaves R-CAT either helpless or unable to turn to shoot things)
-Needs to return to the helipad after 60 seconds or else it will explode (effect similiar to a sticky bomb explosion, can kill opposing team members)
+A new R-CAT will generate after 10-15 seconds from the helipad (or player needs to "upgrade" helipad with a wrench for 130 metal to spawn a new one? or base respawn is 30 seconds and each level of helipad takes off 5 seconds?)
+Has stats similiar to a Lv. 1 Sentry
-Both helipad and R-CAT can be sapped, and sapper can be destroyed from either one (much luck a teleporter)

On a side note, I really- REALLY love the idea of a moving sentry. Imagine how awesome it would be for payload while attacking, or patrolling sewers and tight corridors in 2Fort. I hope Valve adds this!

EDIT: And for movement speed, it would go at 100% while moving or 27% while actively firing?
Last edited by <-- Has garlic in his soul; Sep 18, 2013 @ 11:56am
Showing 1-15 of 83 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50