This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

SUPERHOT
Sandthou Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:07pm
Questions about the game/wants
The title kinda says it all. Hopefully the devs see this and a lot of people will comment on this, and the devs seem like nice guys who take a lot of input from the community and answer question. So, my questions, how much will it be? Will there be alternate endings? Will there be a LOT more to this game than the trial? How long will it be? Is there more then one person working on this?
Last edited by Sandthou; Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:08pm
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
< >
JulietPapaOscar Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:10pm 
I'd personally like a storyline with a slew of "puzzle" stages (much like the hallway or the column shootout) rather than a run here, run there, etc

Also different types of pistols (no smgs, ars, etc, keeping it pistols keeps it simple with known mag sizes)

I like the fact that you don't see an ammo counter and have to learn how many shots in a mag
SUPERHOT  [developer] Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:19pm 
I was just going to bed, but since I saw your comment posted just now, I will answer right now. That's our approach.

1)How much? Don't know yet. We haven't even talked it over. I'm rather focusing on game being great. I can assure you it won't be a $60 game though.

2)It's not a game about choice.

3)There will be a LOT more. There are so many things we want to try! From the top of the stack: machine gun, enemies that dodge bullets, exposions in slow motion.

4)Think Portal 1 in terms of playtime of the main storyline. After that you will have time challenges and arenas for endless SUPERHOT shootouts, with more enemies coming all the time.

I hope it's a satisfying answer :). Please tell me what you think!
zanechapman Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:22pm 
definetly only use pistols, keep the world looking clean and simple! THE MECHANICS ARE FANTASTIC, I LIKE THE WRITING FLASHING ON THE SCREEN! and finally dont have any other writing showing up in corners!
zanechapman Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:24pm 
this game is gonna be sooooo cool...... i liked the anwser and when do you think the game will be finaally getting released to play fully?
Sandthou Sep 14, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
Originally posted by SUPERHOT:
I was just going to bed, but since I saw your comment posted just now, I will answer right now. That's our approach.

1)How much? Don't know yet. We haven't even talked it over. I'm rather focusing on game being great. I can assure you it won't be a $60 game though.

2)It's not a game about choice.

3)There will be a LOT more. There are so many things we want to try! From the top of the stack: machine gun, enemies that dodge bullets, exposions in slow motion.

4)Think Portal 1 in terms of playtime of the main storyline. After that you will have time challenges and arenas for endless SUPERHOT shootouts, with more enemies coming all the time.

I hope it's a satisfying answer :). Please tell me what you think!
That was EXACTLY what I wanted to hear, except the no alternate endings part but I really don't care because it just popped into my head. Can't wait for release!
DonPolaro Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:32pm 
It will be the best shooter ever. I think that you schoud make only more levels.
Eqlion Sep 14, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by Ghost:
It will be the best shooter ever. I think that you schoud make only more levels.
I'm agree with you: it can be the best shooter ever, but now you should do more levels

Drone Sep 15, 2013 @ 12:26am 
More levels. Perhaps even a level maker. Tools that can change the environment. In game, perhaps physics that can be used against your enemies.
stuffyyo Sep 15, 2013 @ 2:50am 
i want there to be an ammo count somewhere on the screen. it could be super simple like just III for like 3 shots remaining, II for 2 shots, and so on. it would also be cool if the gun had a hand attached to it. it could be like a green hand in a similar fashion to the red guys you shoot in the game.and you should have your ammo replinish when you walk over guns. the red guys shouldnt just spawn from random doors as your killing people, it takes away from strategy and stealth they should have already all spawned when you spawn at the start of the level and so you should be able to know where they all are so you could have a strategy on which order you want to kill them and not have to worry about some random guy spawning out of no where and killing you from behind.also there should be a button that has the game go in real time. there might be. i know that shift plays it in somewhat real time but there should be another one that does it in complete real time.
Sandthou Sep 15, 2013 @ 6:50am 
Originally posted by wigii:
More levels. Perhaps even a level maker. Tools that can change the environment. In game, perhaps physics that can be used against your enemies.
This.
Sandthou Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:13am 
Also perhaps a replay thing? I would love to see how awesome I was on the previous levels.
Regularjoe Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:24am 
I hope to see more really fast things in the full game like:

Men falling off balconies
Casings dropping from a minigun
Drive by shootings
Helicopters falling out of the sky
Assassins who can outrun bullets

That kind of stuff.
TooThi Sep 15, 2013 @ 8:40am 
@Sandthou thats exactly what i thought when i saw this game, a replay system that record what happen and then you can watch in normal speed,
imagine your replay in full speed, how ninja or matrix style going on xD
Loudred Sep 15, 2013 @ 10:08am 
Originally posted by Regularjoe:
I hope to see more really fast things in the full game like:

Men falling off balconies
Casings dropping from a minigun
Drive by shootings
Helicopters falling out of the sky
Assassins who can outrun bullets

That kind of stuff.
A drive by doesn't make much sense to me. Because you'd be moving the entire time.
shoe Sep 15, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
A thing I'd love to see is an option where after you die you can see the entire run in ordinary time without the pauses. As long as you're going to mow down a jillion guys with what looks like effortless ease (when put in normal speed,) why not let us see how badass and action-star that finished product looks?
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50