This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
SUPERHOT
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Spierek  [developer] May 28, 2014 @ 3:00am
SUPERHOT - Frequently Asked Questions
Hey everyone!

Since we recently got a lot of questions about different aspects of the game, we decided to compose a FAQ with answers to the most common queries:

Q: Will the game be released on other storefronts? (Humble Store, GOG, etc.)
A: Most certainly :)

Q: What will be the system requirements?
A: Don’t worry, SUPERHOT won’t require a fancy, new computer. It’s hard to pin down the exact system requirements right now, since we’re still going to optimize the game so that it should run smoothly even on reasonably priced hardware. However, bear in mind that the new graphics will require a bit more horsepower than the current prototype.

Q: Console versions?
A: Right now we’re focused on PC/Mac/Linux for the initial release, since we would like to launch the game as soon as it’s ready (and porting takes both time and money). After that we’d love to port SUPERHOT to consoles like the Playstation 4, WiiU and Xbox One.

Q: Mobile versions? (iOS / Android)
A: Not sure about that one yet; redesigning the game to work with mobile controls looks like a daunting task. We’d love to give it a try after the initial version of the game is finished :)

Q: Gamepad support?
A: Yes! This is one of the first improvements that we’ve introduced in the game after the initial prototype, and it plays much better with a gamepad, since you can smoothly control the flow of time. SUPERHOT will support the X360 controller out of the box; we’re also looking into supporting other devices (Dualshock, MOGA…).

Q: Will I be able to rebind keys / invert mouse controls / change graphical options?
A: Yes, yes, and yes.

Q: Parkour / free movement / crouching / leaning?
A: We’ll be experimenting with different movement possibilities and we’ll see what works best together with our time mechanic. No promises for now.

Q: Motion controls (like Razer Hydra / STEM)?
A: We find the technology very interesting and we'd be thrilled to give it a try, but adding motion controls will introduce a lot of new design and technical challenges. We're focusing on delivering solid gameplay on mice and gamepads first.

Q: Will you add co-op / multiplayer to SUPERHOT?
A: Sorry, but we’d rather not do it right now. Short version - it’s basically like designing a whole second game.

Longer answer - There is a lot of reasons: reimagining SUPERHOT in multiplayer is a daunting design challenge on its own, so we’d have to change it considerably; designing, implementing and maintaining a multiplayer mode is a costly thing to do; empty servers are a big problem for multiplayer indie games; and most of all - we’re 100% certain that doing a multiplayer mode would slip the release date into 2016. Besides, we have to keep some surprises for a potential sequel ;)

Q: Will there be a level editor / Steam Workshop support?
A: It’s supposed to be a secret, but we have prepared a “level editor” stretch goal. Stay tuned for more info!

Q: Are you guys hot?
A: Yes. Yes, we are. And very humble as well.

I hope that answers most of your questions. In case you want to ask about something that hasn’t been mentioned here, let us know at contact@superhotgame.com or in the comments below :)

Cheers,
Last edited by Spierek; May 28, 2014 @ 3:00am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
MANBEARPIG Jun 11, 2014 @ 2:47am 
Great concept you guys have going! I can't wait to see it hit the store page.
When will it come out?
Spierek  [developer] Jun 17, 2014 @ 5:18am 
We're currently targeting a June 2015 release date :)
Molotov Cocktail Jun 18, 2014 @ 10:31pm 
hope to see more special weapons/enemys and interesting skills then
Great work man!
when?
Spaceman Spiff Aug 30, 2014 @ 3:35pm 
I love the demo and do not want to wait for it but I realise how hard it is to make these games so good luck :)
RedMarz Nov 11, 2014 @ 12:10am 
I checked up on the Kickstarter, we never reached the "Level Editor" goal.

Does this mean that we're never having a level editor on SUPER HOT anymore? Or are you going to add it on a later date, after SUPER HOT starts to cool down. (Get it? Cool Down? Ok.)
awesome toast Nov 25, 2014 @ 8:28pm 
can you give us a idea of how long the game will be?
awakened demon Nov 29, 2014 @ 9:13am 
нет
thiagod-capuano Mar 7, 2015 @ 2:51pm 
The release date is still june, 2015? Is it going to be avalible on brazilian Steam?
Last edited by thiagod-capuano; Mar 7, 2015 @ 2:52pm
Warfame Jun 13, 2015 @ 12:11pm 
i payed 40$ but is that too late?
dog Jun 19, 2015 @ 10:06pm 
Release date?????????
Warfame Jun 20, 2015 @ 12:36am 
for the beta its a few more weeks idk the rest
Here's a question- WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED?
Warfame Jun 28, 2015 @ 9:10am 
soon xD
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 15 30 50