This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Bugbear Entertainment's Next Car Game
Laerrus Oct 4, 2013 @ 2:07pm
Endurance Racing
This might not be technologically feasable...

Never found a game that does it, other than breaking it into smaller maps or levels...

But some kind of endurance race; like 24 hours straight on open roads/cross country rally style, but not in laps, no horrible laps...

Something where if there is a finish line off a thousand or two kilometers away, only a couple vehicles will even make it to, and barely limping across at that...
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
< >
Laerrus Oct 4, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
Maybe "Proceduraly generated"...

That thing comes up a lot lately in games and seems to entail limitless generation of expansive terrain...
Brütal, Legendary Wizard Oct 5, 2013 @ 2:23am 
Gran Turismo series have endurance races. From miles to hours. Longest is Nürburgring 24h.
Laerrus Oct 5, 2013 @ 8:51am 
But Gran Turismo is a console game.

And those are lapped races by the sounds of it.

ZERO interest in driving in circles for 24 hours, I will leave that to NASCAR...
Swag*Raccoon Oct 5, 2013 @ 11:00am 
т
[HoC]Stiffy15 Oct 9, 2013 @ 8:24am 
There is endurance in games like Race Driver Grid on Circuit de la Sarthe or in iRacing...
Laerrus Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
Are you saying things about driving in laps?

Because this thread already covers how driving in laps is ♥♥♥♥ing boring for an endurance race.
Laerrus Oct 9, 2013 @ 1:43pm 
And do any of these games including smashing cars into bits?
[HoC]Stiffy15 Oct 9, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
Originally posted by Laerrus:
And do any of these games including smashing cars into bits?
iRacing is a sim... And Race Driver Grid is kinda sim and arcade mixed. So no cars smashing into bits.
[HoC]Stiffy15 Oct 9, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
Are you saying things about driving in laps?

Because this thread already covers how driving in laps is ♥♥♥♥ing boring for an endurance race.
Tell that to racing drivers then.
Laerrus Oct 10, 2013 @ 7:50am 
Man if I was a game developer and had to deal with customers like you lot, I'd prolly ♥♥♥♥ing shoot myself instead and try to be reborn as a person who lives in a stone age tribe, far away from you all.

So you say one is a sim, and the other sim/arcade and that is why no smashing to bits?

Either the developers of those titles completely misunderstand the term 'simulation', and 'arcade' and some how make both of them unrealistic and unarcady at the same time; or the industry is ♥♥♥♥ing with us.

The drivers of lapped endurance races are paid major bucks to do that, gamers are just hampsters on wheels...

Enough with the hampster on wheel racing, lets see 3,000 kilometer cross country racing!
Brütal, Legendary Wizard Oct 11, 2013 @ 12:25pm 
I get it. You are looking for an timed endurance, not lapped. For ex: Race around in this track for 1 hour straight and finish first blah blah and so on.
Laerrus Oct 11, 2013 @ 12:44pm 
No...

You are the worst troll ever.
[HoC]Stiffy15 Oct 11, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
No...

You are the worst troll ever.
Going one hour straight is boring you know.
Laerrus Oct 11, 2013 @ 1:21pm 
Again, ♥♥♥♥ty trolling...

A course that is a point A to B race as opposed to driving in circles all day, does not have to be in a straight line.

Either that or whatever country you are from has incredible transport grids of just straight lines.
Methos Oct 11, 2013 @ 4:47pm 
He's saying he wants to have a race with twists, turns, long stretches, etc., He doesn't want to see the same exact piece of track twice. Where bits of maps go and are pre-made (or randomly generated which would take forever to create), seamless plots by the way, and are spawned as the player is driving. Those plots will then despawn when the player goes away from them. Pretty much infinite driving.

I won't think you'll survive though. Think of trying to drive from the Grand Canyon next to the cliffs all the way to the dangerous ice roads of Anchorage, Alaska. You're more than likely to smash into tree or fall off a cliff at one point (or even falling through ice), rendering your car useless. This would be fun as hell anyways!

It is still a great idea, I will never expect it to be in this game however. But probably would pioneer racing games if they had this though.
Last edited by Methos; Oct 11, 2013 @ 4:51pm
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50