Ballistic's Altis Sandbox
Ballistic  [developer] Sep 12, 2013 @ 8:36pm
Suggestions Thread
If you have any suggestions for features or future development ideas post them here. I will also post my current ideas here for commenting. This is all speculative but if there is a lot of support for any particular ideas they will get more consideration.
  • TDM Game mode - you will select either a Independent or OPFOR soldier slot from mission screen and then battle in a confined area of the Altis map. Spawn points and weapon caches as well as additional barricades and obstacles will be placed around the map.
  • CTF Game mode - Same as the above idea except utilising the Sites module available in the editor enabling people to capture flags etc.
  • Sniper Shooting Range - What use are the sniper rifles on the small range currently in the sandbox? My idea for this is to place the firing positions under the tower in the corner and have them looking out across the gulf. Then using the same method for concrete blocks and targets, place units at incremental distances.
  • Squad Up! - Join the 5 players from each faction into one squad so its easier and more fun to play in the PVP zone, also to know where other players are around Altis.
  • The F/A-18 Super Hornet Mod - add John_Spartan and Saul's F/A-18 mod to the current vehicles included in game. Done but requires downloading and the installation of the mod files.
  • A version for people who host dedicated servers with more players. The limit is currently 5 because anymore with this type of mission would be hectic consuming on the host. This would be really easy to do and if someone wants it to happen give me a heads up.
  • Any weapons, vehicles, outfits that are added in future updates.
Please add your own suggestions as replys.

Cheers,
Ballistic
Last edited by Ballistic; Sep 18, 2013 @ 5:04pm
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Evil Potato Sep 13, 2013 @ 2:55am 
- Manual repair button
- Manual ammo adding

Basicly a menu that allows you to spawn stuff like weapons to yourself, like in Garry's Mod if you know :3.

Spawn vehicle from the menu, and you allowed to spawn another one once in a minute so people won't spam. after you spawn a vehicle the vehicle that you spawn earlyer will disapear so the players won't fill out the map. also if the vehicle just spawnd and no one got in after 1 to 2 minutes so it will disapear :).
(eGL) Patkill Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:19am 
not sure if it would bog a server down having everyone on the server be able to spawn a or multiple vehicles in, Was a problem in arma 2 . still would be cool to have that, I rekon virtual ammo boxes in areas where they could be contested for would be rad. I see the jumps on the airstrip why not make a little rally course with a terminal to spawn cars.
JAD War Machine Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
Another thing that would be cool is if the items in the weapon crates regenerated to a set amount. Say the crate will always have 100 PCMLs and if I take one, a minute later it regenerates back to 100. So you have unlimited amounts of all items in the crates instead of just only whats there.
Last edited by JAD War Machine; Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:19pm
Ballistic  [developer] Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:33pm 
@JAD, good idea, last update I added a laptop + table to the Shooting Range but got caught up in the vehicle despawner. The plan was to have another set of World Controls (Day/night, weather etc) with an additional option the run the same script that fills the ammo boxes when you start. Look for it after the next update.
Evil Potato Sep 16, 2013 @ 4:08am 
Originally posted by Ballistic:
@JAD, good idea, last update I added a laptop + table to the Shooting Range but got caught up in the vehicle despawner. The plan was to have another set of World Controls (Day/night, weather etc) with an additional option the run the same script that fills the ammo boxes when you start. Look for it after the next update. :FIA:
Make a manual button that allow you to save a vehicle, i meant that if you click on "Save Vehicle" something like that it will not disapear, me and my friends really like to fly jets, so we got vehicles that will repair and heal and stuff like that, but it disapeared :| that's not that hard i think, but thanks for the disapearing vehicles, also the wrecks should disapear after 15 seconds. :p NOT 1 YEAR
Ballistic  [developer] Sep 16, 2013 @ 4:43am 
Wrecks no longer disappear automatically, Since the last update you have to manually clear vehicles using the radio commands alpha through to echo for each of the five vehicle locations. A save function is not really needed, cause there is nothing to make the vehicles automatically disappear anymore. If you like the jets look for the Mega Jet v2 in the next update. It's back and won't blow on take off anymore!
Evil Potato Sep 17, 2013 @ 12:29am 
Wrecks no longer disappear automatically, Since the last update you have to manually clear vehicles using the radio commands alpha through to echo for each of the five vehicle locations. A save function is not really needed, cause there is nothing to make the vehicles automatically disappear anymore. If you like the jets look for the Mega Jet v2 in the next update. It's back and won't blow on take off anymore! :FIA:
Need squads.. :p alot of people would be happy to play with friends in the same squad! like, if you gonna go to the terrorrist hunt, and you want to kill an enemy but you can't because there is 3592859238590238523 of them, need arty! so you want to spot an enemy and ask your friend for support :) that would be nice :D
Evil Potato Sep 18, 2013 @ 8:40am 
Add the F-18 for the sandbox :) it's really easy to add, whoever don't have that it won't give an issue.. it will not apear to him lol :p but still add the F-18 :D it's awsome :DD

Press this thing to go to the F-18 :P[forums.bistudio.com]
Ballistic  [developer] Sep 18, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
F/A-18 Done, couldn't believe the detail and work put into the mod. It is truly awesome. Thanks for the heads-up! Also your now all squaded up in game, 5v5. Enjoy!
Evil Potato Sep 21, 2013 @ 6:54am 
F/A-18 Done, couldn't believe the detail and work put into the mod. It is truly awesome. Thanks for the heads-up! Also your now all squaded up in game, 5v5. Enjoy! :FIA:
Omg... thank you :D

Also it would be awsome if there were enemies around the map, like... really far from the spawn area. :p, so you won't get so bored after that. also enemy jets would be nice :). i mean those who can fly around and kick yo' ♥♥♥ in da sky XD. anyway thank you :D.

EDIT: Or even more awsome, random events will happend if you don't like the enemies around the map, enemies will spawn randomlly around the map after some time like after 5 min, it will tell you the location about the enemies. like those mission with the huge circle pinted in red on the map. or maybe if you don't want that, you can set a triger when pressing 0-0-1, you will have the option to activat that. also!!!!!!!!!! i always wanted that.

Civilans will fly with THIS THING[www.armaholic.com] or maybe THIS THING.[www.armaholic.com]

Also you are awesome modder. i really like your hard job that you putting on this mod to make people happy! LIKE ME *~*! you actully made me really happy :D. thank you !
Last edited by Evil Potato; Sep 21, 2013 @ 7:10am
Ballistic  [developer] Sep 21, 2013 @ 7:03am 
Originally posted by =T$E= PD2B - Hoxton:
F/A-18 Done, couldn't believe the detail and work put into the mod. It is truly awesome. Thanks for the heads-up! Also your now all squaded up in game, 5v5. Enjoy!

No my pleasure, that thing is awesome. Sets a super high standard for aircraft in ARMA 3, BI got some big time stepping up to do with community content this great.
Evil Potato Sep 21, 2013 @ 7:15am 
Originally posted by =T$E= PD2B - Hoxton:

No my pleasure, that thing is awesome. Sets a super high standard for aircraft in ARMA 3, BI got some big time stepping up to do with community content this great. :FIA:
I hope you got your eyes on dat edit! my friends freaking out because they finally got what they actully wanted XD. same do i, i think every one in ArmA 3 wants a sandbox with random events. :P. i mean small group will spawn with a vehicle, maybe AA. who knows! but still thank you for adding the F/A 18 :).
[OCPD] Chief Buck Oct 13, 2013 @ 11:56am 
add ai were u can spawn them in to follow you like the dogs :D
Chr!570ph3r Nov 10, 2013 @ 6:13am 
I'd like to have the mod who shows bullet paths incorperated into this. Perhaps in the same laptop you choose bullet camera!
shrek Nov 28, 2013 @ 11:47am 
It would be great if you could add the new weapons to the firing range.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50