Sjel Blad Castle
sbrownx  [developer] Sep 13, 2013 @ 2:59pm
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Skyrim crash after installing the mod?

The most common reason is that you are missing one or more of the required DLCs (Dawnguard and Dragonborn). Another reason could be that your mods could be in conflict with one another or your load order is incorrect. Use a program like BOSS to examine your mod load order and resolve any issues.

Can you make a version of this mod that does not require the DLC content?

Unfortunately, no. I have used too many assets from the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs to start over, especially given the fact that the entire castle (interior and exterior walls) are from the Dawnguard DLC.

Do you plan on making additional mods with similar features using only Vanilla assets?

Yes. I have started another mod using only Vanilla assets, but I do not know when it will be finished. My primary focus is on this mod at the moment.

Why are some of the Castle graphics, particularly the walls, flickering?

It is because I combined Creation Kit assets in a manner in which they were not designed and therefore the two (or more) assets are competing to display on the screen. I did not like that I was restricted by the preset combinations and angles of certain Creation Kit assets, and in many cases I put two items together that share a similar graphical element.

How do I access the Customization Chamber?

The Customization Chamber is accessed by pulling on the chain lever near the dragon statue in the Main Hall courtyard. Once the chamber is open the player can swim under the waterfall to enter the Customization Chamber.

Can my family (Spouse/Children) move into the castle?

Currently, no. I am still figuring out how to allow spouses to enter and stay in the castle. As for children, this particular feature requires the Hearthfire DLC and I don't want to add another requirement to the mod. I will however look into creating an optional area that can be downloaded separately from the mod, allowing children.
Last edited by sbrownx; Nov 12, 2013 @ 12:18pm
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Miksonus Sep 18, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
Originally posted by sbrownx:
Why is there a floating tower near Whiterun?

The Creation Kit is very finicky while working in the Tamriel worldspace and these assets must have glitched and got away from me. It is a mistake on my part that will be taken care of with the v1.1 update.

fixed

Why do the custom containers (forge/sanctuary) not work or spill their contents all over the floor?

As to why the custom containers work for most and not for some is a mystery, but I am looking into it. As for the containers spilling their contents all over the floor or in the air, that has been taken care of and should no longer happen after the v1.1 update.

fixed
Shaun (Abhac) Sep 22, 2013 @ 11:30am 
I am still having empty containers
nickmcatee Sep 22, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
If you update the mod. Would we lose our items in the chests or on the plaque walls or in the vault area?
Miksonus Sep 23, 2013 @ 12:49am 
Originally posted by nickmcatee:
If you update the mod. Would we lose our items in the chests or on the plaque walls or in the vault area?
no
edit: with the 1.1a update and comming 1.2 ther is a risk of losing stuff
Last edited by Miksonus; Sep 24, 2013 @ 2:21pm
noahstepp Oct 14, 2013 @ 10:42am 
What exactly is the purpose of the Customization Chamber? Also, how does this mod affect the fps compared to vanilla Skyrim? This looks like an amazing mod, but before I download it, I want to know as much about it as possible.
sbrownx  [developer] Oct 14, 2013 @ 10:56am 
@noahstepp - The Customization Chamber allows the player to choose various options within the mod/castle such as faction banners, special effects, and follower/guards. The FPS in the mod is a little hard to compare because everyone is using different hardware/software and has a different experience. I personally experience a steady 50-55 FPS throughout the castle and experience no lag, but others do experience some minor lag. It is for this reason I added the option to turn off/on the special effects in various rooms of the mod, to help with performance if you are experiencing problems.
noahstepp Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:17am 
@sbrownx - Thank you very much. I will be sure to download this mod this weekend when I have time to actually play it. I can hardly wait to get a hold of this mod.
cmpunkgts Oct 28, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
crashes everytime when im trying to leave the stable
Last edited by cmpunkgts; Oct 28, 2013 @ 2:08pm
shawn scamell Nov 27, 2013 @ 1:05pm 
do the creature companions respawn
sbrownx  [developer] Nov 27, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
Yes, they respawn and they are also set to "protected" like the in-game followers.

Originally posted by shawn scamell:
do the creature companions respawn
shawn scamell Nov 27, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
thanks
Last edited by shawn scamell; Nov 27, 2013 @ 3:38pm
LoridianXGaming Dec 27, 2013 @ 9:58am 
I can understand your reasoning as to why you wouldn't want to added another dlc requirement such as hearthfire to the use of your if I may say so... awesome castle. However there are two flaws that I feel should be addresssed. The first being that hearthfire is a dlc pack that allows you to have your own home for you, your spouse if you so wish, and your children, again... if you so wish. Which this mod is, a home...a very vast home I might add, which would most definately make sense to pass on your legacy by having a spouse and children in that home, should you so choose. The second flaw I would point out is that the requirement for this mod are the two most expensive dlc packs the game has, therefore I am pretty sure that if someone wants to "settle down" and have a home, they spring the extra bucks for hearthfire.

This isn't a demand for you to add the feature of having the children as this is your mod, your idea, I just simply wanted to point out the idea of having an expansive home, and completely understand that some may want this without having to get the heartfire dlc as they dont want the spouse or children, and I did note that you mentioned the possibility of adding an additional location to the castle seperate so that you may have your children here, without having to add the specific requirement to this mod. And as to my use of the word "flaws" the flaws are fundamental, not real. In case there are any trolls ready to rip me to shreds over this :)
sbrownx  [developer] Dec 27, 2013 @ 10:32am 
Originally posted by LoridianX:
I can understand your reasoning as to why you wouldn't want to added another dlc requirement such as hearthfire to the use of your if I may say so... awesome castle. However there are two flaws that I feel should be addresssed. The first being that hearthfire is a dlc pack that allows you to have your own home for you, your spouse if you so wish, and your children, again... if you so wish. Which this mod is, a home...a very vast home I might add, which would most definately make sense to pass on your legacy by having a spouse and children in that home, should you so choose. The second flaw I would point out is that the requirement for this mod are the two most expensive dlc packs the game has, therefore I am pretty sure that if someone wants to "settle down" and have a home, they spring the extra bucks for hearthfire.

This isn't a demand for you to add the feature of having the children as this is your mod, your idea, I just simply wanted to point out the idea of having an expansive home, and completely understand that some may want this without having to get the heartfire dlc as they dont want the spouse or children, and I did note that you mentioned the possibility of adding an additional location to the castle seperate so that you may have your children here, without having to add the specific requirement to this mod. And as to my use of the word "flaws" the flaws are fundamental, not real. In case there are any trolls ready to rip me to shreds over this :)

Thanks for the feedback! I plan on adding Hearthfire DLC compatibility after I finish the mod. At this moment I don't want to be actively updating/changing two different files.
bluecoougar Jan 5 @ 12:44pm 
I will not be subscribing till heartfire is included I'm sure there are more player that feel the same way.
Originally posted by LoridianX:

Thanks for the feedback! I plan on adding Hearthfire DLC compatibility after I finish the mod. At this moment I don't want to be actively updating/changing two different files.
Petyr_Baelish Jan 7 @ 2:51pm 
my creature followers wont stop following me even after i press the button in the lair. how can i fix this?
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50