This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Ghostship Aftermath
shaun  [developer] Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:52am
Ask me anything about Aftermath
Here is your chance to ask me anything about Ghostship Aftermath
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
acerobby Sep 4, 2013 @ 9:54am 
how interactive is the enviroment like can you look at thing like a data pad or turn on a convaterbelt, look into the pokets of dead bodys and find something like a bloody family picture ect,
shaun  [developer] Sep 4, 2013 @ 11:44am 
The rift version and the normal version will be 2 different games (literally). With the limits to rift for reading and over limits the rift version is very real as it is virtual reality, its like you are actually there, as you will see in the rift demo next week (if you have the rift).

The normal version (monitor/screen) will include a lot more interactive features. Many like you have mentioned. You will be able to access logs on computers. you will be able to unlock doors with a key code when you find it, there are a few cryptic puzzles as well as machinery you can operate. there are a few things to do around the ship, but i wont give away any surprises.

With the rift, its more the experience of being there, the normal version is again big on experience but gives you more interaction in comparison.

acerobby Sep 4, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
nice I voted for you guys already But now I'm even more excited hope this game get the attention it deserves good luck.
Qon Sep 4, 2013 @ 1:07pm 
It's hard to judge a game with no gameplay video. This game had lots of videos before and it was in my "ask me later queue". Now that you've resubmitted it there's no info left and that basiqally means "No". I'm not a horror gamer in the sense that I don't mind the style but I don't get sqared so if sqary moments al the game has to offer then it's not for me. I'm interested in unique and fun gameplay experiences. If you have one last chance to qonvince me that your game is worth a few more minutes of qonsideration, what would you say to me?
shaun  [developer] Sep 4, 2013 @ 1:21pm 
This is not the CDF ghostship game, that is separate. This is Ghostship Aftermath which is purely an exploration and simple puzzle solving game. The emphasis is on atmosphere and especially in the Oculus rift. I will also be updating the CDF ghostship pages over the next few days so I suggest you check it again as there will be lots of recent gameplay stuff posted over the next few days.

With lack of funding for the CDF Ghostship game we are releasing Aftermath to try and get some funds to work on crucial aspects of the CDF ghostship game such as AI, characters & UI and VA.
Qon Sep 4, 2013 @ 1:23pm 
Oh my bad :)
Wildmagister Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:37pm 
Is there going to be voice acting in the logs? Also, is there going to be more colour on the explorable decks? All that white and grey with occasional splash of red can get tiring on the eyes.
shaun  [developer] Sep 9, 2013 @ 10:28am 
Yes, every log will be voice acted as it also helps with immersion and sounds in general is a crucial aspect of the experience. The 3 main sections are all very different and different main colours, all these screens are from the operations section of the ship. Each section has around 7 decks, the one in the gameplay video is deck 4 - Medical in operations. There is a lot more colour in the space station as that is civilian and different design and style. Then there is the colony which is a planet based environment so you will have lots of variety when its finished.
unnamed Sep 30, 2013 @ 2:56am 
Why can not you use the classic alien from the movie. With the acidic blood and holes in the floor?
pgames-food Oct 5, 2013 @ 5:03pm 
cool shaun, i liked what i saw on the website about this game, (tried to get the pc demo but it was quite big and kept loosing download connection) so am glad it made it to steam soon :)
Sefi Nov 1, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
Hi, a question is in my mind if i buy your game Ghostship Aftermath when you finish your other game called CDF ghostship the buyers get that game too or adds to the main base game? or we have to buy it separately as another steam entry in the library?
Red Eagle LXIX Nov 2, 2013 @ 2:35am 
Originally posted by Android44:
Why can not you use the classic alien from the movie. With the acidic blood and holes in the floor?
Are you offering to pay the licensing fees to get the rights to the Aliens intellectual properties for games creation and distribution for them?

(that was just a joke but awesome sauce to anyone who has that kind of money and would do that for another).

Originally posted by shaun:
On Topic: Can I engage the ship's self destruct blowing myself and the derelict to the ends of eternity?
Last edited by Red Eagle LXIX; Nov 2, 2013 @ 2:41am
shaun  [developer] Nov 2, 2013 @ 2:50am 
Originally posted by Red Eagle LXIX:
Originally posted by Android44:
Are you offering to pay the licensing fees to get the rights to the Aliens intellectual properties for games creation and distribution for them? :cybereye:

(that was just a joke but awesome sauce to anyone who has that kind of money and would do that for another).

Originally posted by shaun:
On Topic: Can I engage the ship's self destruct blowing myself and the derelict to the ends of eternity?

I would love to do an aliens game, and it would be a game developed by a fan which would mean we would finally get the aliens game we deserve! After Ghostship, who knows :)

There is a self destruct, lol and you can activate it if you do a few tasks :)

there is lots of stuff going on around the ship and things will happen, you have many choices, but as with choices come consequences! Not many games do this, but you get 1 life! It autosaves every new deck you go to or part of the ship, but once you die - You Die. There is not much that can kill you but it adds to the tension of the atmosphere I want you to experience. there are many consequences! lose an eye and you have half your vision for the rest of game for example.
shaun  [developer] Nov 2, 2013 @ 2:52am 
Hi, a question is in my mind if i buy your game Ghostship Aftermath when you finish your other game called CDF ghostship the buyers get that game too or adds to the main base game? or we have to buy it separately as another steam entry in the library?

CDF Ghostship is separate, its the shooter/survival horror game which is based just before aftermath in the storyline. Both are linked and on the same ship, but in Aftermath it is very different as you will see.
iamdave Nov 2, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
Just finished downloading the 2G GhostshipAftermathAlphaV1.zip from Groupee's Build a Greenlight Bundle #4. The Setup.exe just told me that I already had .net 4 installed and then it quit. SetupUtility.exe just crashes. There are no other exe's in the zip. How does one install or run this? Did I waste 2 hours?
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50