The Licker Locker
Nero The Lime Sep 6, 2013 @ 8:56pm
Is this based on the Mimics from the Dark cloud games?
I swear it looks exactly like them
Picture for photo reference: http://images.wikia.com/darkcloud/images/a/ab/King_Mimic_8.png
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ JoshuaKurayami Sep 6, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
Oh sure, because it is the only game that has mimics..
Blue Koopa Shell Sep 6, 2013 @ 9:32pm 
It's probably based on Mimics in general.
Technomancer Sep 6, 2013 @ 10:27pm 
oh is it based on the terraria mimics dnd mimics or the dark cloud mimics? does it matter it is a chest with teeth
Vap  [developer] Sep 7, 2013 @ 5:47am 
Dragon Quest, Super Mario RPG, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Discworld, Terraria, Dungeons & Dragons; Take your pick...
[Poke☆] Tommy (Banned) Sep 7, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
no Dragon Warrior is this, remember these ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s
Koopa Sep 7, 2013 @ 7:55pm 
Saying he copied this from a game is like saying every game that has a an elf copied legend of zelda. -.-
Zoltalpha Sep 7, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
It reminds me of the dark souls mimics more than any game. And also, elves came from J.R. Tolkien so zelda copied from Tolkien. :)
Loxxy!🌹 Sep 7, 2013 @ 8:31pm 
Dragon Quest, Super Mario RPG, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Discworld, Terraria, Dungeons & Dragons & Borderlands 2
Nero The Lime Sep 7, 2013 @ 8:52pm 
Okfine any game that has mimics, meaning alot.
Jetpack Penguin Sep 7, 2013 @ 8:55pm 
im sry but the only one of those ive played is terraria, so i dont know about any of those other mimics. but just mimics in general is what its modeled after
Otter Lad Sep 7, 2013 @ 9:30pm 
Elves came from fairy tales, zolt. The tales historically describe them with tremendous variety of appearances, some of which include very human-like appearances with pointy ears. And while the mimic is kind of an obvious idea, I'm pretty sure it was popularized by Dungeons and Dragons, which was made in the 70s.
Vorducas Zizroth Sep 7, 2013 @ 10:10pm 
Originally posted by Loxysysion:
Dragon Quest, Super Mario RPG, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Discworld, Terraria, Dungeons & Dragons & Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2? im mean yeas somethimes chests spawned loot enemies but they wernt a chllange so i wouldnt necceceraly call them mimics
Decent Pajamas Sep 7, 2013 @ 10:19pm 
Originally posted by Vap:
Dragon Quest, Super Mario RPG, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Discworld, Terraria, Dungeons & Dragons; Take your pick...

To add two more: D&D also has mimics, and many ancient Rougelikes do too like NetHack.

It certainly isn't based off the ones from Dark Cloud, and to put it very simply, Dark Cloud isn't a super well known game either so I would personally doubt that ever being an inspiration.
Cerbyn Sep 8, 2013 @ 12:01am 
Mimics are possibly my favourite enemy type in games. They're so common but they always make things more interesting when you never know if a chest will be loot or a mimic.
Not ≠ Equal Sep 8, 2013 @ 12:04am 
Originally posted by Vorducas:
Originally posted by Loxysysion:
Borderlands 2? im mean yeas somethimes chests spawned loot enemies but they wernt a chllange so i wouldnt necceceraly call them mimics
The new DLC, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep has these chests that try to kill you. They're damn hard to kill, and even harder to tell apart.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50