Tales of Intrigue: Chasing Memories
Mantis Toboggan, M.D  [developer] Sep 10, 2013 @ 1:32pm
Patch 1.1
Howdy Folks!

So here's a compiled list of bugs and questions that have been addressed.

Bugs reported by Kg. Madee II.

BUG: I just came out of Embershard Mine and was heading back to Riverwood when I met that Doc guy [Bjorn]. This came as sort of a surprise, since I rarely ever sleep, and haven't even visited the Sleeping Giant yet.

FIXED- I knew this would bite me in the ♥♥♥. DON’T CUT CORNERS WHEN DEVELOPING KIDS, YOU'LL REGRET IT. Bjorn is now being stored in a cell before he’s transported to the other room
===================================================================
BUG: Now that guy [BJORN] is following me around like a dog and I can't shake him, not even by reloading the game. Now I'm wondering: Is the Doc relevant to the Quest, or can I just kill him to get rid of him? (Or is there any other method to fix this ...)

FIXED- Bjorn will no longer chase you like a dog

Bugs reported by dysphorya

1.Observation - As noted by [WFL]Samoclese in the comments, there are typos (grammar, spelling) in the books and conversations. For me, most of the apostrophes didn't render in the books. In my inventory, "Unearthed Regret" is displayed as "Unearther Regret." In terms of quest mechanics, these are inconsequential observations, but fixing them will help put the final polish on the mod.

1.Rep- Thanks for the observation I did a quick skim through the quest and caught some mistakes. I also renamed the Unearthed regret to be properly spelt.
2.BUG: I'm getting the same Bjorn dialog voice file drop-out that Kg. Madee III. noted in the comments. Like Kg. Madee III., I also found mismatches between subtitles and dialog sound.

2.No Fix - Unfortunately, I will no longer have enough time to go back and solve this bug.
Apologies
3.BUG: With the Bjorn conversation initiation, it looks like he just arrives too soon around the sleep event. I rented a room in the inn, and when I selected the bed, he immediately appeared while the sleep dialog box was open. I did the fix you recommended (saved, reloaded), but I also found that he'd speak if I initially ignored him and instead finished the selected sleep event. I'm going to run through the quest again to see if I can repeat triggering his speaking without having to save and reload.

3:FIX(Sort of): Now Bjorn will spawn at the COC location marker making the Inciting incident smoother.
4. CONTINUITY/FLOW: For the enchanting dream catchers segment, I was confused by the Shaman's dialog and what ended up happening. He stated that I'd need to enchant two dream catchers from the strongest Shamans of the cult. It looks like there is only one ancestral Shaman involved in Chasing Memories. I wasn't sure if I had done everything I needed to do, because I was expecting to walk the dreams of another ancestral Shaman. This is strictly a player experience observation, and it doesn't mean that anyone else playing through would find the same thing.

4.EXPLANATION: Sorry for the confusion. Each of the dreamscapes the player go through are the memories and dreams of an ancestral shaman for different decades throughout the cults existence.
5. BUG: During the "Spiritual Bridge" dream to get "Unearthed Regret," the last door did not seem to work correctly for me. When I opened it, I remained in the last room with a partially-opened door. I repeated this a few times, but I did not teleport to the Shaman's House. I got the stage to advance by walking into the partially-opened door.

5.FIX: Due to technical constraints, I have to teleport the player through code. However trigger should be impossible to miss now.
6. BUG (?): Upon awakening from the "Spiritual Bridge" dream, the quest advanced to a journal entry that I needed to enchant only one more dream catcher. I hadn't spoken to the Shaman yet. When I checked my inventory, "Spiritual Bridge" was already gone, and I had no other dream catcher in my possession. This is the first point where I had some confusion about what to do next (see #3). Once the Shaman gave me "Unearthed Regret," I wasn't sure if I needed to sleep-enchant it, or if it was the enchanted dream catcher in return for completing the "Spiritual Bridge" dream (since "Spiritual Bridge" was gone from my inventory, and the Shaman hadn't mentioned anything about taking it from me).

6.NO FIX: This is unfortunately a constraint I unknowingly created for myself whilst coding the story. I won’t be able to fix it, sorry.
7. BUG (?): After sleeping with "Unearthed Regret" equipped and bidding goodbye to the Shaman, I followed him into the basement. Following that scene, I got two journal entries: tell Nikki the ward is being cast; tell Nikki about the Shaman's sacrifice. Upon returning to her, though, I had no dialog options to talk about the Shaman's sacrifice. I am going to run through the quest again to double-check this.

7. FIX: OK, I fixed the code. It turned out I forgot to to change the Quest Stage when the player enters the basement. This probably happened when I panicked during the final night of development .
8. BUG (?): At the conclusion of Chasing Memories, Nikki gave me the unnamed dream catcher and mentioned providing instructions about creating dream catchers. I did not find instructions in my inventory. I am going to run through the quest again to double-check that I correctly heard her dialog.

8.FIX:The what she means by this is that the player will now have the ability to make his own by going to a workbench and providing the proper ingredients.
10. BUG: In the screenshots for your mod, I see dream catchers named "Visions of Yesterday," "Return of the Ancients," and "A Portal to Strange Places." I didn't get any of those dream catchers in my playthrough. Are these part of the alternate ending feature (are they the name options for my currently unnamed dream catcher) or did something not work for me? At the conclusion of Chasing Memories, I have only two dream catchers: "Unearthed Regret" and "Dream Catcher." I have no additional quest objectives.

10.It’s not a bug, it’s a feature: The quest has a divergent narrative structure. This means that the order in which the dreams appear changes with each play through. The same applies for what dreams the player sees.
11. BUG: In this second playthrough, sleeping while wearing "Return of the Ancients" sent me to the scene with a gathering of ghosts in a tomb, all of us looking at a coffin. The journal entries were "Completed: Bury your father" and "Enchant one more dream catcher." I was never given the starting journal entry to bury my father and didn't have any tasks to complete to bury my father.

11. FIX: Sorry for the confusion, the dream was supposed to represent a daughter burring completing the burial of her father, just that.
12. BUG: Upon speaking to the Shaman after sleeping while wearing "Return of the Ancients," he took "Return of the Ancients" and gave me "Dream Catcher." He mentioned providing instructions about creating dream catchers. I did not find instructions in my inventory. After bidding him goodbye, I followed him into the basement. Following that scene, I got two journal entries: tell Nikki the ward is being cast; tell Nikki about the Shaman's sacrifice. Upon returning to her, though, I had no dialog options to talk about the Shaman's sacrifice.

12.FIXED: I fixed an “If” Statement, this should work now.
13. BUG: I have checked the tanning rack and all categories at Blacksmith Forges, and there are no options for crafting dream catchers, despite the quest dialog box and NPC statements. Is a specific perk in the Smithing tree required? Also, the Dialog should work now.

13. Explanation: To create your own dream catchers you need to go to a workbench.

I'll try my hardest to fix any more bugs that come up with week. Starting Saturday I'll be entering the first stage of development for the second episode in the TALES OF INTRIGUE SERIES

Thank you all once again.
Last edited by Mantis Toboggan, M.D; Sep 10, 2013 @ 1:40pm
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
dysphorya Sep 11, 2013 @ 7:03pm 
Awesome! Thanks for all the hard work -- can't wait to play through again (this time, it'll be on my main savegame). :)
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50