The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Tales of Intrigue: Chasing Memories
Bug Report
Here is what I encountered on my first playthrough (bugs and continuity/flow observations):

Display Text (books, conversation)
As noted by [WFL]Samoclese in the comments, there are typos (grammar, spelling) in the books and conversations. For me, most of the apostrophes didn't render in the books. In my inventory, "Unearthed Regret" is displayed as "Unearther Regret." In terms of quest mechanics, these are inconsequential observations, but fixing them will help put the final polish on the mod.

Voiced Conversation
BUG: I'm getting the same Bjorn dialog voice file drop-out that Kg. Madee III. noted in the comments. Like Kg. Madee III., I also found mismatches between subtitles and dialog sound.

Quest Execution
*** EDIT: Please also see my updates in the next posts, since these issues were different on subsequent playthroughs ***
1. BUG: With the Bjorn conversation initiation, it looks like he just arrives too soon around the sleep event. I rented a room in the inn, and when I selected the bed, he immediately appeared while the sleep dialog box was open. I did the fix you recommended (saved, reloaded), but I also found that he'd speak if I initially ignored him and instead finished the selected sleep event. I'm going to run through the quest again to see if I can repeat triggering his speaking without having to save and reload.

3. CONTINUITY/FLOW: For the enchanting dream catchers segment, I was confused by the Shaman's dialog and what ended up happening. He stated that I'd need to enchant two dream catchers from the strongest Shamans of the cult. It looks like there is only one ancestral Shaman involved in Chasing Memories. I wasn't sure if I had done everything I needed to do, because I was expecting to walk the dreams of another ancestral Shaman. This is strictly a player experience observation, and it doesn't mean that anyone else playing through would find the same thing.

2. BUG: During the "Spiritual Bridge" dream to get "Unearthed Regret," the last door did not seem to work correctly for me. When I opened it, I remained in the last room with a partially-opened door. I repeated this a few times, but I did not teleport to the Shaman's House. I got the stage to advance by walking into the partially-opened door.

3. BUG (?): Upon awakening from the "Spiritual Bridge" dream, the quest advanced to a jounal entry that I needed to enchant only one more dream catcher. I hadn't spoken to the Shaman yet. When I checked my inventory, "Spiritual Bridge" was already gone, and I had no other dream catcher in my possession. This is the first point where I had some confusion about what to do next (see #3). Once the Shaman gave me "Unearthed Regret," I wasn't sure if I needed to sleep-enchant it, or if it was the enchanted dream catcher in return for completing the "Spiritual Bridge" dream (since "Spiritual Bridge" was gone from my inventory, and the Shaman hadn't mentioned anything about taking it from me).

4. BUG (?): After sleeping with "Unearthed Regret" equipped and bidding goodbye to the Shaman, I followed him into the basement. Following that scene, I got two journal entries: tell Nikki the ward is being cast; tell Nikki about the Shaman's sacrifice. Upon returning to her, though, I had no dialog options to talk about the Shaman's sacrifice. I am going to run through the quest again to double-check this.

5. BUG (?): At the conclusion of Chasing Memories, Nikki gave me the unnamed dream catcher and mentioned providing instructions about creating dream catchers. I did not find instructions in my inventory. I am going to run through the quest again to double-check that I correctly heard her dialog.

5. BUG (?): In the screenshots for your mod, I see dream catchers named "Visions of Yesterday," "Return of the Ancients," and "A Portal to Strange Places." I didn't get any of those dream catchers in my playthrough. Are these part of the alternate ending feature (are they the name options for my currently unnamed dream catcher) or did something not work for me? At the conclusion of Chasing Memories, I have only two dream catchers: "Unearthed Regret" and "Dream Catcher." I have no additional quest objectives.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από dysphorya; 8 Σεπ 2013, 12:57
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-6 από 6 σχόλια
UPDATE: Second Playthrough Results

I had some extremely different quest stage advancement results on second playthrough. After this playthrough, however, I better understand my confusion yesterday. In my second run, here's what I found:

Quest Execution
1. BUG: With the Bjorn conversation initiation, the nightmare message and Bjorn's appearance still coincided with starting a sleep event instead of the conclusion of one. This time, completing the sleep event didn't initiate his conversation. I reloaded the autosave prior to the sleep event and Bjorn immediately started speaking. For me, I didn't need to create a new save and immediately reload -- just loading the pre-sleep autosave worked.

2. BUG (?): In my first playthrough and post above, sleeping while wearing "Spiritual Bridge" sent me to the sequence to retrieve the diary pages (leading to receipt of "Unearthed Regret").
In this second playthrough, sleeping while wearing "Spiritual Bridge" sent me to the scene with three people (two ghosts, one on fire) who turned into skeletons. Upon waking, the Shaman spoke to me, gave me "Return of the Ancients," and took "Spiritual Bridge." Is this just an example of being randomly assigned to two of four ancestral Shamans, or did my game skip some steps?

3. BUG (?): In this second playthrough, sleeping while wearing "Return of the Ancients" sent me to the scene with a gathering of ghosts in a tomb, all of us looking at a coffin. The journal entries were "Completed: Bury your father" and "Enchant one more dream catcher." I was never given the starting journal entry to bury my father and didn't have any tasks to complete to bury my father.

I stopped playing to provide this update. I am going to run the quest a third time to see what happens. Between first and second playthroughs, I downloaded and installed the following clothing mesh/texture mods from Nexus (none of these should have affected the quest, and Chasing Memories is still in my load order's last position):

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από dysphorya; 8 Σεπ 2013, 12:59
UPDATE: Final Playthrough Results

This is my last playthrough for now. Here's what I found:

Quest Execution
1. Sleeping while wearing "Spiritual Bridge" sent me to the scene with three people (two ghosts, one on fire) who turned into skeletons. Stage advancement was the same as in the second playthrough.

2. BUG (?): Sleeping while wearing "Return of the Ancients" sent me to the scene with a gathering of ghosts in a tomb, all of us looking at a coffin. The journal entries this time were "Bury your father," "Completed: Bury your father," and "Enchant one more dream catcher." Once again, I had no task to complete for "Bury your father" (not sure if that's a bug or not). I walked around the room, and I got another journal entry (paraphrased) "Continue to feel no remorse" (I wasn't fast enough to write it down). I walked toward the door in the tomb and was returned to the Shaman's House without any further explanation of why the dreamer had (or should have) no emotions toward the burial.

3. BUG: Upon speaking to the Shaman after sleeping while wearing "Return of the Ancients," he took "Return of the Ancients" and gave me "Dream Catcher." He mentioned providing instructions about creating dream catchers. I did not find instructions in my inventory. After bidding him goodbye, I followed him into the basement. Following that scene, I got two journal entries: tell Nikki the ward is being cast; tell Nikki about the Shaman's sacrifice. Upon returning to her, though, I had no dialog options to talk about the Shaman's sacrifice.

4. BUG: At the Chasing Memories conclusion, Nikki gave me "A Portal to Strange Places" and mentioned providing instructions about creating dream catchers. I did not find instructions in my inventory.

5. BUG: I have checked the tanning rack and all categories at Blacksmith Forges, and there are no options for crafting dream catchers, despite the quest dialog box and NPC statements. Is a specific perk in the Smithing tree required?

6. BUG (?): On this playthrough, I didn't get the "retrieve the diary pages" dream sequence or "Unearthed Regret." Is this part of the alternate ending feature or due to being randomly assigned two of four ancestral Shamans? Your screenshots show all the dream catchers present in inventory. On three playthroughs, I have been unable to collect any more than two at a time ("Dream Catcher" and one other named one).

Other Observations
It's not clear to me what's happening with the "Spiritual Bridge" and the randomly (?) selected ancestral Shamans. When I wear "Spiritual Bridge," I am delivered into a randomly-selected (?) scene of an ancestral Shaman's dreams. Upon waking, the current Shaman gives me the dream catcher of that ancestral Shaman. I then wear that dream catcher and return to sleep. Didn't I just walk in the dreams of that ancestral Shaman while wearing "Spiritual Bridge?" Or is the new dream catcher for a different ancestral Shaman? When I wake and approach the current Shaman, he has no new dialog until I've returned to sleep and awoken again -- is this part of my working to enchant the dream catcher, or is it a bug? An example of this flow situation was my experience for receiving "Return of the Ancients:" the current Shaman didn't tell me anything about the ancestral Shaman whose dreams were of a tomb, so it seemed like I still needed to visit another ancestral Shaman after that one. I don't think you need to rework anything regarding these observations. Some additional description in your journal entries (or the quest's journal status) would be enough.

Please know that I GREATLY enjoy your mod (atmosphere, music, storyline, voice acting, settings/dungeons) and am happy to help with any additional playtesting -- please let me know if you make any changes and need a playtester. This has been one of my favorite mods so far, and I am looking forward to the next quests you create. :)
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από dysphorya; 8 Σεπ 2013, 13:01
E-MoeGee  [δημιουργός] 20 Σεπ 2013, 10:10 
Howdy, I managed to borrow my father laptop to compile this bug report featuring the list of bugs so thoughtfully provided by Friday the Thirteenth

==BUGS:==============================================================
-if you get to the hospice before actually starting the quest line, you'll act as if you have the letter already.

-I'm pretty sure you got these reported already, but the "you wake up" message appears too early, and the doctor doesn't spawn properly.

-I experience the "Need to bury your dad dream twice"

Spell/Gram Errors: Also, I am seeing multiple spelling and grammatical errors. ("thieft", the hospice woman's subtitles, and others). Suggest getting a proofreader.

Spelling and Grammatical Errors in Spirit Shield vol. 1
=====================================================================
(additions in (parentheses), changes in {braces}, :
"...the nomadic cult(')s destiny{;} a single duty that..."
"...great minds of Spirit Shields to {analyze}..."
"...this vision was {prophetic}, (and was) created by {the Daedra} Azura..."
"...the God of {D}usk and {D}awn"
"This lead to the naming...and their village{: from} that moment..."
"On more personal levels(,) each...
"...dream catchers(,) which were..."
"...art was twofold{:} first and..."
"...began to fall into de(s)cent."
"...reach towns(,) they..."
"Several Spirit Shields[srike]'s would never...endeavor(,) and those..."
"...was named ("){T}he {D}escent(",) due to..."
"...surrounding it. {T}errible...appear{;} such aspeople falling..."
"...Shamans, and Alchemist(s)..."
"Generations {passed}..."
"...discovered by a {pack} of Forsworn{, who} would attempt to..."
"...battle screams{, b}ut from..."
"...of the cult{, and} division in the cult...to form{ driven by}..."
"This lead to armed...cult(,) which would..."
"survived the conflict{ - and still retained their humanity - }took it upon..."
"...a lasting lineage(,) nor were they able..."

Spelling and Grammatical Errors in Spirit Shield vol. 2.
=====================================================================
Same rules and disclaimer:
"...wage holy wars{, while} others..."

==Suggestions:==========================================================
if you're going to be doing something like this involving Vaermina , you really should have it flagged to not start until after Waking Nightmare is completed in some fashion. ESPECIALLY with the way you're doing it. If you haven't already (not that far in just yet, nor do I have it), you should involve the skull of corruption in some way, either by making special doors that only open when struck by it/activated with it equipped (the second option is better if possible, due to some damn good mods that edit daedric artifacts), or by it being mentioned in the mod's story.

it seems this is a misnomer: the "enchantment" seems to be more of a blessing that is applied to the player, rather than a temporary enchantment applied to the item. I'm not sure if this is a bug or limitation of the system.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από E-MoeGee; 20 Σεπ 2013, 10:16
ok i go to the sleeping giant inn and i rent the room,go to the bed,save,load the save,go to sleep,then a thing pops up talking about the female memory thief and click ok,i wake up and there isnt a guy there,help?
ok after reloading the save a few times and sleeping in the bed he FINALY shows up
I've found Bjorn's spawning to be pretty buggy in general. On my existing game I couldn't get him to show up, but when I started a new game, Bjorn showed up to met me at the entrance of Riverwood before I'd even gone to sleep.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-6 από 6 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50