This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Aces Wild : Manic Brawling Action!
McMarius11 Aug 23, 2013 @ 9:49pm
Linux Support?
Topic!
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
CAS_Kicks  [developer] Aug 24, 2013 @ 8:24am 
I have some porting plans, but I can't promise anything yet. Will add this to the list of requests though! Thanks a bunch!
McMarius11 Aug 24, 2013 @ 11:02am 
sounds awesome!!!
spiridow Aug 24, 2013 @ 2:38pm 
+1 for linux version
The game looks great. It would be a shame not to make it available for more platforms :)
kukurydzaBiceps Aug 24, 2013 @ 2:39pm 
+1 awesome sounds!
Xeno Aug 25, 2013 @ 6:50pm 
+1 this game is awesome
glub_(Linux) Sep 6, 2013 @ 7:26pm 
Yes, Linux and Mac ports would definitely be appreciated! :D
hidden in plain sight Sep 15, 2013 @ 4:20am 
please do port to the linux
marco.nadal.75 Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:05am 
How does the high score table work? I bought it on Desura and my high score tables reset every time I start a new game.
My most wanted feature: World Ranking High Score Tables For Every Area. Would need a username/password system to upload/download scores from a server.
RagePotato Nov 5, 2013 @ 8:58pm 
game is great, please make a port
marcavis Nov 25, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
+1 for linux version :D
-=Survivor Squad=- Feradg Dec 8, 2013 @ 2:42am 
Devs need money to eat... Give this game a greenlight and those guys will deliver!!
Ramblurr Dec 8, 2013 @ 7:42am 
I'd also love to see this game on Linux
marco.nadal.75 Dec 12, 2013 @ 9:08am 
People in this thread say that porting Aces Wild to *NIX would be great, but they don't explain why that would be a worthwhile endeveaour.

There ain't no such thing as "Linux". Linux is a kernel, not a stable application delivery platform like Windows, Mac or Android.

Ubuntu 12.04, however, is a Linux-based OS that is supported by Valve AFAIK. Valve are working on their own Linux-based OS called Steam OS (because they don't want to be dependent on Microsoft when shipping hardware?), and think they can take a slice of the console market. But they are realistic about it, allowing people to install Windows on their Steambox because they know Steam OS will never support anywhere near the same amount of games as Windows.

There are several reasons NOT to port to Linux. For one, people that choose an inferior, less popular OS simply because it is "free" are less likely to pay for your game.
Then, even Ubuntu is less than 1% of the home computer market; it would make more sense to port to Mac or Android. And then, even if you manage to get it to work on a range of hardware on particular distro, all the freetards from the extra minty incompatible distros will be ♥♥♥♥♥ing that your game doesn't work with their bleeding edge sound architecture.

I have used Ubuntu and it is decent, despite strange bugs like not sleeping when I close my netbook lid. I like the Unity interface, it does its own thing and is attractive.
Performance and compatibility for games are worse than under Windows 7 on the same machine, and overall there are far fewer apps and games available for it. And it is far less standardised than Windows and Mac. Earth 2140 under Desura in Win7 installs and runs flawlessly, under Ubuntu there are strange dependency errors.
I use it on my old netbook because it is faster than Win7 for general computing tasks, and I like to multi-boot many different OS on it for the lolz.

TL;DR -- Porting is a lot of work, don't expect the dev to just do it because you are too cheap to pay for a gaming OS
nilssab Jan 4 @ 8:41pm 
what a complete

Originally posted by marco.nadal.75:
People in this thread say that porting Aces Wild to *NIX would be great, but they don't explain why that would be a worthwhile endeveaour.

There ain't no such thing as "Linux". Linux is a kernel, not a stable application delivery platform like Windows, Mac or Android.

Ubuntu 12.04, however, is a Linux-based OS that is supported by Valve AFAIK. Valve are working on their own Linux-based OS called Steam OS (because they don't want to be dependent on Microsoft when shipping hardware?), and think they can take a slice of the console market. But they are realistic about it, allowing people to install Windows on their Steambox because they know Steam OS will never support anywhere near the same amount of games as Windows.

There are several reasons NOT to port to Linux. For one, people that choose an inferior, less popular OS simply because it is "free" are less likely to pay for your game.
Then, even Ubuntu is less than 1% of the home computer market; it would make more sense to port to Mac or Android. And then, even if you manage to get it to work on a range of hardware on particular distro, all the freetards from the extra minty incompatible distros will be ♥♥♥♥♥ing that your game doesn't work with their bleeding edge sound architecture.

I have used Ubuntu and it is decent, despite strange bugs like not sleeping when I close my netbook lid. I like the Unity interface, it does its own thing and is attractive.
Performance and compatibility for games are worse than under Windows 7 on the same machine, and overall there are far fewer apps and games available for it. And it is far less standardised than Windows and Mac. Earth 2140 under Desura in Win7 installs and runs flawlessly, under Ubuntu there are strange dependency errors.
I use it on my old netbook because it is faster than Win7 for general computing tasks, and I like to multi-boot many different OS on it for the lolz.

TL;DR -- Porting is a lot of work, don't expect the dev to just do it because you are too cheap to pay for a gaming OS

What a complete pile of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, Windows is a much less stable platform than linux, try to run win 95 games on win 8, see if that works for you. meanwhile applications written ages ago work in linux with no problem, since it has never broken ABI compatibility(save for bugs that brake this, but that mainly only happens in the unstable release which you should only use if you know what you're doing). You just need to have the right dependencies, which it sounds like you don't know enough about to get things to work. *You* made it not work. Luckily, if you use steam you can make sure steam handles the dependencies for you, and there should be no problems. Porting to linux is much less of a hassle than most people think, and should be profitable for any game that is profitable on windows. The largest cost is the time it takes to realize that and why it's not that difficult.

Please support linux!
[FDC]Рачина Apr 10 @ 7:40am 
Originally posted by CAS_Kicks:
I have some porting plans, but I can't promise anything yet. Will add this to the list of requests though! Thanks a bunch!
What about reinstall this game?

Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50