This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Plaid Mar 5 @ 10:47pm
Switching between HD and original...
I was wondering if the developers would consider including the original MegaDrive/Genesis pixel art in the HD release for PC.
I really adore the original graphics and would love to be able to switch between the two (original and HD) at anytime.

Just an idea to consider and it would help solidify my purchase :)
Last edited by Plaid; Mar 5 @ 10:47pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Bragdale Mar 6 @ 3:31am 
That would be very cool. I would like it too.
chui4all  [developer] Mar 6 @ 3:34am 
Yes, graphics and music can be switched between HD and 16bit from ingame menu. This feature is present for all platforms, see this video of IndieCade, graphics are switched at 00:40 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLuqOlptNE
Plaid Mar 6 @ 3:35am 
Ah, that's great!

Thanks a bunch for the response
DrMcCoy Mar 6 @ 11:28am 
So are you using something like VGMPlay (i.e. YM2612 and 68k emulator), or just a recording of the Mega Drive music?

EDIT: No, wait, my bad, I forgot: VGM players doesn't actually do full 68k emulation (like sc68 does). Instead, they capture the data written to the sounds chips and only emulate those. Still, my question remains: how are you handling the Mega Drive music? :)
Last edited by DrMcCoy; Mar 6 @ 11:57am
chui4all  [developer] Mar 6 @ 5:53pm 
Originally posted by DrMcCoy:
So are you using something like VGMPlay (i.e. YM2612 and 68k emulator), or just a recording of the Mega Drive music?

EDIT: No, wait, my bad, I forgot: VGM players doesn't actually do full 68k emulation (like sc68 does). Instead, they capture the data written to the sounds chips and only emulate those. Still, my question remains: how are you handling the Mega Drive music? :)

The 16 bit musics were recorded directly from MegaDrive/Genesis output. We tried play musics directly from VGM files at the beginning but didn't satisfy the result and needed more CPU under Dreamcast than playing an OGG.
Last edited by chui4all; Mar 7 @ 6:41am
diEshoV Mar 7 @ 6:18am 
ебала
[VtW] Tom Badguy Mar 8 @ 10:51am 
This is a cool idea. Maybe make something that can switch back and forth on the go. Similiar to Half Second Hero.
Confederate Mar 17 @ 9:44am 
Excellent. :D
BananaJane Apr 4 @ 3:51pm 
Omg this is so awesome, thank you!
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50