Lord of The Rings SoundTrack
Jotunheim Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:42am
how can i use it?
how can i use it? i signed but nothing happens .-.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
lincolnlou  [developer] Aug 21, 2013 @ 1:15pm 
start a standard game and exit it and then play whatever u want and it should work. also make sure u downloaded it all the way cause its a decent size download. its like 2 and half hours of lord of the rings lol
Jotunheim Aug 22, 2013 @ 5:59am 
but... for download these soundtrack is not sufficient
signed it? because it doesn't work .-.
lincolnlou  [developer] Aug 22, 2013 @ 7:37pm 
not sure why it is not working for you man. out of a few hundred people ive only had 2 people complain about a problem. Probley a mod you have already downloaded is messing it up?
Jotunheim Aug 23, 2013 @ 4:28am 
improbable...boh i don't know xD I use steam from a month, i'm not expert...probably i'm still a little noob xD thank for all
Irgendsontyp Aug 25, 2013 @ 11:13am 
I used that soundtrack and it works ... Than came a little patch for the game and I dont hear the LOTR soundtrack anymore -_-
Last edited by Irgendsontyp; Aug 25, 2013 @ 11:14am
Ozhara Aug 30, 2013 @ 6:37am 
Perhaps the patch overwrote the soundtrack? When going to your game\sound\music folder and open xmusix1.mp3, does it play the lotr soundtrack?

In most cases it helps to verify your game cache, as that forces AoE to recheck all mods and reload needed data.
Irgendsontyp Aug 30, 2013 @ 7:56am 
I tried everything serveral times. The soundtrack doesent get changed. But I noticed a bug. The sound data when u download it, it has a size of I think 81 MBs. But my Steam only download 65 MBs, than it stops the download and than shows the download is complete ....
Ozhara Aug 30, 2013 @ 8:49am 
Normally a mod needs two steps, the downloading which creates a mod file in your mods folder, an the extracting of needed files to the appropriate game directories. This takes place during the first intro videos.

So if the download is incomplete, I'm sure the file won't bwextracted, as it is corrupted. So there is no changed gamefile.

Don't know how to fix downloading problems, but know a guy having such problems with one of my 6Mb terrain packs. He just tried several times and then he was lucky to download it completelly. After that he had no further problems.
Gabu Mar 27 @ 6:05pm 
HEY MAN!
I had the same bugg and fixed it!
Just go to the steam/steamapps/commom/AOE2HD/Sound/Music, after it, listen some musics in there to see if they are from the game, or if it's the original musics.
For me the LotR soundtrack was xmusic01 (its 1h of music, you'll find it ;D), after found the music file, remove all the originalls soundtrack from the paste (remove all but the lotr music).
Hope it work for you guys! GOOD LUCK!

OBS: DON'T DELETE THE ORIGINAL MUSIC! JUST CHANGE THE PASTE!
(Sorry for my english )
Ozhara Mar 28 @ 12:11am 
Thanks for the info Gabu!
I found another solution to this as well as the reason for the problem itself in the meantime:

For the described problem (a mod stopps working after a patch), this is for the patch overwrites every file it touches regardless of any active mods doing so too.

The problem with this is: The file is the default one now, but Steam still thinks it's the modded file for the patch doesn't tell Steam it overwrote this modded file.

And for just verifying your game cache doesn't work, it seems that in this case something other is broken too when this happens.

What helps is:
1) Unsuibscribe
2) Delete the mods archive file and all additional content it added
3) Verify your game cache
4) Subscribe to the mod again

That way, you can remove any information regarding this mod from Steam and do a clean new installation of it.
chizal2712 Dec 2 @ 10:23am 
Originally posted by Ozhara:
Thanks for the info Gabu!
I found another solution to this as well as the reason for the problem itself in the meantime:

For the described problem (a mod stopps working after a patch), this is for the patch overwrites every file it touches regardless of any active mods doing so too.

The problem with this is: The file is the default one now, but Steam still thinks it's the modded file for the patch doesn't tell Steam it overwrote this modded file.

And for just verifying your game cache doesn't work, it seems that in this case something other is broken too when this happens.

What helps is:
1) Unsuibscribe
2) Delete the mods archive file and all additional content it added
3) Verify your game cache
4) Subscribe to the mod again

That way, you can remove any information regarding this mod from Steam and do a clean new installation of it.

It sounds like you know what your talking about but I'm a bit of a computer nooby compared to alot of you :P I'm having the problem that the music won't play too, could you tell me where I find the archive file and how to verify the game cache and stuff please?
Ozhara Dec 2 @ 10:41pm 
Hi chizal2712

The soundtrack is located in AoE\sound\music, the main menu theme in AoE\sound\stream.

The default path to your AoE folder would be like C:\Programm Files\steam\steamApps\common\AoE2HD.

But you can go there easily by right clicking AoE in your steam library. Click 'properties' and in the opening dialog go on tab 'local files' and click the button that opens the game path in windows explorer.

Each mod is downloaded as a zip archive after subscribing. These are located in AoE\mods.
You might find a lot of archive files there (they have no extension, but they are normal zip files). This is for AoE doesn't delete them automatically. You can delete them all without any problem, in fact keeping this folder clean helps AoE to avoid bugs.
All still needed archives will be reloaded automatically when verifying your game cache.

To do this, you need to right click on AOE again, in the 'local files' tab, this time click the verify button. Keep in mind steam is blocked while the verification is running.

What you can also do is to use my mod manager. It allows you to reinstall your last mod setup automatically and a lot of other helpfull things. But it can only handle stuff also installed using it. So you need a clean installation first, and I really recommend to read the manual first. .)
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50