This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

A-Train9
Jhonis Aug 15, 2013 @ 6:38pm
The other A-Trains.
What where all the other A-Trains on anyway?
Because I could only find one first one for the computer and one for the playstation.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
pwny Aug 16, 2013 @ 11:25am 
iston Aug 17, 2013 @ 9:13am 
thier was a game called ceo released in america that was of the a train franchise as well come out in the mid 90's i think
michael_ragsdale Aug 18, 2013 @ 7:15pm 
Take The A-Train III was the big one back in the 1990s that was released here in the States as simply A-Train. Loads of fun back in its day when combined with the A-Train Construction Set. Published by Maxis (yes, the Maxis that was SimCity)
Zeether Sep 1, 2013 @ 8:06am 
There was also a PS1 A-Train game that we got which was AIV: Evolution Global. Europe got A-Train HX on the 360 and 8 is on Gamersgate (9 got pulled though, probably because of this Greenlight entry)

If you REALLY want to know about A-Train there's actually an issue of a magazine called Scroll (issue 9) that focuses on Artdink games and seems to have a rather nice A-Train entry.

EDIT: We also got AII as "Railroad Empire" and AIV was C.E.O.
Last edited by Zeether; Sep 1, 2013 @ 11:17am
ShadowPhoen1x Sep 8, 2013 @ 9:32pm 
Great game, the music was really repetative though...
Poseidon Sep 11, 2013 @ 6:06pm 
asgasfaghjs
CharlieBrown Oct 14, 2013 @ 2:37pm 
I purchased ATrain9 via Gamersgate about a year ago. Played it occasionally- The graphics are simplistic and in need of a good upgrade and the manual is virtually useless. Not a lot of in game help either. If you persist though, you will find a complex economic simulation that allows for extensive rail, bus and trucking systems over considerable distances. One thing I do not like is that every laying of track or road costs money once you release the mouse buttion, so you have to be extra careful about planning. It also utilises a tax system that has the player paying property and company taxes every year. So if you don't have enough money in the bank at the end of the tax year, game over. If you invest in buildings or property they too get taxed so you do need to keep in mind this area of cost as well. There are 3 expansion packs available, and I purchased one, but could never get it to work - so got a refund. It comes with a limited amount of trains, but there was a patch available that gives you all 200 odd trains that are in the Japanese version. Unfortunately, explanations of those trains is missing so you have to guess at their economic viablility. As well, many of them look similar or the same because the graphics are not fantastic. What I do like is the traffic points (or switching) - you can get some really complex patterns running on different timetables - and if you are not careful you will end up with two trains facing each other and not moving anywhere until you notice them. You can plan timetables via stations or via trains or trucks and buses. In other words Railway stations can accept passengers at certain times, trains can run at certain times of the day - as can busess and trucks. You need to move the game product (blocks or containers) to areas you want to develop. Without these blocks (containers) nothing will develop. To creat containers, you need to buy a factory which produces them, or run a rail off the edge of the map, or build a container port. You then schedule trucks or Goods trains to move these containers from one location to another location (you must buy land to deposit the containers onto the land). Once they are at the new location, you will notice they start to dissappear and buildings start popping up. Thus your city or town starts to grow which affects your transport options. In other words, this is, at its heart, a good simulation that requires some clever planning and good money management to achieve success - hope this helps....
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50