This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Mines of Mars
Jimmy Junior Aug 3, 2013 @ 4:06pm
Will there be some story based elements like twists or will this be a fully focused action platformer.
By the way love the look of it and model design.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Crescent Moon Games  [developer] Aug 3, 2013 @ 4:27pm 
This is not an action platformer - its more of a mining metroidvania. Its very story based but focused on mining and finding secrets.
Jimmy Junior Aug 3, 2013 @ 4:46pm 
Nice, so i'll be expecting to get some awesome loot if I scavenge enough?
Crescent Moon Games  [developer] Aug 3, 2013 @ 5:15pm 
Pretty much all loot is obtained by crafting. EXCEPT - there are chests to find. In these chests, there are random amounts of raw or refined minerals, and upgrades for the guns. Helmets, Armor, Heat Shields, Pick axes, are all crafted.
Jimmy Junior Aug 3, 2013 @ 5:27pm 
Well, I think i'll be saving up for your epic game.
Crescent Moon Games  [developer] Aug 3, 2013 @ 5:37pm 
awesome! I hope it gets greenlighted, but its not easy.. I think we need to get more press, somehow. :) Hopefully the next trailer will get more people excited.
[CB.45] Spades Aug 5, 2013 @ 4:10pm 
Story based as well? welll that rocked boat for me. I hope that you will be able to get this greenlighted for this sounds awesome.
Rejera Aug 5, 2013 @ 5:00pm 
Looks amazing. we need more 2-D mining/crafting sort of thing (metroidvania discription just adds even more epicness). Adding a dedicated story also makes it one of a kind. Hopefully this get's greenlighted. if not, I'll be purchasing the IOS version so i can experience this awesome game!
Last edited by Rejera; Aug 5, 2013 @ 5:01pm
Crescent Moon Games  [developer] Aug 5, 2013 @ 6:30pm 
there aren't any other story based minevanias?
Jimmy Junior Aug 6, 2013 @ 4:44am 
Is there going to be an IOS version? SWEET! Well since I have a bad computer ill probably buy that, but ill buy the computer version just in case.
Kiruk Aug 6, 2013 @ 4:57am 
Just came here from a preview on destructoid, your game will certainly get more noticed now :D
Rejera Aug 7, 2013 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by Crescent Moon Games:
there aren't any other story based minevanias?
nope. atleast, none that i've heard. Terraria is a sandbox/mining game (has some basic metroidvania type stuff, but I wouldn't classify it as metroidvania)
Starbound is similar to Terraria, but it seems... bigger. it has a quest system and some story but it seems more a sandbox game than to focus on story. Your game seems to put a large emphisis on story and exploration/mining. so instead of just surviving, the player has a goal. again, most of this is off of the info i have heard (although I do have terraria).
I guess Edge of space might be closer to your game than terraria, but again, it seems the goal of that game is survival. I love the mining/ upgrade your gear type of games and plan on buying all of the games i've mentioned (including Mines of Mars). each is unique with a focus on different things. Keep up the good work and can't wait to play the game. also, I love the term "Minevania" does an great job of describing the game. One last question, will there be gamepad support?
Last edited by Rejera; Aug 7, 2013 @ 12:50pm
Crescent Moon Games  [developer] Aug 7, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
We're working hard on adding more 'stuff' for the next trailer.
Gamepad support, we would definitely do if we get on Steam!
Rejera Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
awesome!
Viper [Ger] Aug 13, 2013 @ 3:20pm 
Nice
GamerOnline Aug 14, 2013 @ 6:59am 
Gamepat support would be most welcome. Makes kicking back and relaxing while playing more enjoyable. :)

Well, what can I say. I like mining, gathering and building. This seems like it's my type of game, albeit more of a true mining game than a sandbox. A game with goals and a story.

You have my vote. :)
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50