Este jogo agora está disponível no Steam!

Agradecemos a sua ajuda em selecionar este jogo para ser distribuído pelo Steam. Mais informações, incluindo um link para a página na loja Steam, podem ser encontradas abaixo.

Grimm
Kraanglord 28/jul/2013 às 9:08
Is it gonna be all chapters in one
I hope so because I dont have money to buy each chapter separate
Exibindo comentários 115 de 32
< >
Spicy Horse Games  [desenvolvedor(a)] 29/jul/2013 às 0:33 
We don't know yet. Each chapter is quite large - multi hundred megabytes each. So if we offer them as a single pack, you're looking at a massive single download. Might be better to split them up and keep the price per episode low.

What do you mean you don't have money to buy each chapter separate? You DO have money to buy "all chapters in one?" How does that work? How do you know? Wouldn't that depend on the pricing for the individual episodes or for the single pack?

Look forward to your thoughts on all of this! :)
SparksV 29/jul/2013 às 5:43 
I understand that. Although I would be very grateful if there was an option to buy all of the episodes as one big pack too. Or at least a 2 pack that in sum will get every episode.
BrandeX 29/jul/2013 às 6:25 
Escrito originalmente por Spicy Horse Games:
We don't know yet. Each chapter is quite large - multi hundred megabytes each. So if we offer them as a single pack, you're looking at a massive single download. Might be better to split them up and keep the price per episode low.
This is Steam.
We regularly purchase and download games that are several gigabytes each.

That aside. My tip to you from a publishing standpoint: Put X amount of episodes that would be considered low on the popularity scale compared to the rest in a "Base Game Set" pack. (As people may be less tempted to buy those episodes singly.) The rest can be set as DLC add-ons to the main game.

One thing users here wouldn't like, as each game as it has been is standalone, is a ton of Grimm's showing up in their library list as individual games cluttering it up. Best to have everything organized under one main title/game (compilation), with the rest going in the DLC menu.
Juggernaut915 29/jul/2013 às 8:23 
Escrito originalmente por Spicy Horse Games:

What do you mean you don't have money to buy each chapter separate? You DO have money to buy "all chapters in one?" How does that work? How do you know? Wouldn't that depend on the pricing for the individual episodes or for the single pack?

Look forward to your thoughts on all of this! :)

But you said that every chapter is 30 minutes of gameplay!
Thats just not worth it!
I mean,look a Reus or any other Indie Game with a low price... they are just more for their money!
lomaxgnome 29/jul/2013 às 12:17 
My impression from Kentucky Route Zero and some of the recent Telltale games is that Steam is now discouraging Episodic content being released as several packs, and especially not as individual games. Now releasing one free and the rest as dlc, or a few in a base pack and the rest as dlc is an option, but DLC tends to be unpopular among a lot of groups. I also think you'd undercut yourself on a lot of sales as people would just pick and choose a few here and there.

Since the game is already finished, you'd be much better off selling this as a "complete" version, and even updating it some and perhaps including some bonus content such as achievements, trading cards, soundtracks, commentaries, and so forth. Then you'd be providing a value for people who had already gotten it previously, as well as having a full game to offer new customers.
Última edição por lomaxgnome; 29/jul/2013 às 12:17
The Relentless 29/jul/2013 às 17:45 
How many chapters are ther, anyway? I played it years ago on Gametap and can't remember. But I do look forward to it comung to Steam. Good luck getting Greenlit...
Sir_Brizz 29/jul/2013 às 23:56 
There are 23 episodes and they are about 500mb each if I remember correctly. That's 12+gb install for the whole series and around 15 hours of gameplay.

That's actually not that bad, really. I've downloaded dumber games that were 12gb.
InkDagger 30/jul/2013 às 2:07 
I remember playing on GameTap. Terrible game distributor to be honest. Downloads would constantly crash or not install properly as well as the system would charge me when I'd try to redownload them. Staff was no help either.

I'm glad to see this will be coming to Steam. Maybe a little something can be added just for the steam re-release? I remember the quality of the third season being significantly better than that of the first, so things could use a bit of a polish. I also can't wait to see it hopefully outfitted with Achievements, preferably more than simply "Complete Scene 5 of Episode 11" or "100% Darkness on Episode 17". Not too fond of Speed Run Achievies either.
Kraanglord 30/jul/2013 às 5:34 
I just thought that only one chapter would be short.

Or you could just make each season in one pack.
jamesbuc 30/jul/2013 às 6:27 
the likely thing probably will be released individually but also a season pass option? (aka: Slightly cheaper to get all at once). I can see that going through.
nukeme1 30/jul/2013 às 7:38 
I agree with a few of the previous comments, I would like the episodes to appear as dlc in an in-game menu so I don't see 23 entries in my library. I would also like the option to purchase all in one pack so at a slightly reduced price (usually this amounts to getting a few episodes for free for having purchased them all in one lump). I have been waiting since the trailers first announced this game to play it and was so disappointed when it was locked into gametap. I actually checked up on it about a month ago to see if there was some way of purchasing outside of gametap and was still sad to see that it was locked into this system. Needless to say, I am SO HAPPY to finally see it possible coming to steam! :) Thanks for bringing it ti steam and please, if there are any outstanding bugs or things that you can add with little cost (like achivements or postcards) GO FOR IT!
Kraanglord 30/jul/2013 às 7:46 
I think that one chapter is too short to be separate.
We want some hours of gameplay.
But I cant wait for it to come.
Crocket 30/jul/2013 às 9:57 
On Spicy Horse's online store the entire series can be had for $20 I would pay that on steam, even though I already bought a couple of episodes on Gametap back in the day.
Última edição por Crocket; 30/jul/2013 às 9:58
Jeff 30/jul/2013 às 19:01 
I just do not want 23 entries in my Steam Library. My games list is already way too long. If they all show up as individual games, I will not buy.
lomaxgnome 31/jul/2013 às 10:50 
I would also think that if they put some effort into making a single "gold" version of the game, that a lot of those stand-alone episodes probably share assets, which could dramatically reduce the overall size of the download. I really hope if this does get greenlit, they put some effort into making the steam version be really definitive, as opposed to just dropping all the existing episodes on here piecemeal. They'd get a lot more additional publicity and most likely a lot more sales if that was how it was handled.
Última edição por lomaxgnome; 31/jul/2013 às 10:50
Exibindo comentários 115 de 32
< >
Por página: 15 30 50