Bu oyun Steam'de yayınlandı!

Bu oyunun Steam'de yayınlanmasına yardım ettiğiniz için teşekkür ederiz. Oyunun mağaza sayfasına bir bağlantıyla birlikte daha fazla bilgiye aşağıdan ulaşabilirsiniz.

WARMACHINE: Tactics
Pablo Estrella 23 Tem 2013 @ 4:53pm
The many limitations of the Miniatures Game could make this a solid Video Game
I know that Warmachine is wildly popular in some circles. I found the minatures game to be limiting and overy fiddly with movement and special rules. It also seemed as though they never really playtested anything before releasing it. The miniatures community was also a liability in my book. Lots of overly competitive flabby dorks who yearn for some means to take their passive-agression out on others.

Strangely, I feel that the limitations of the miniatures game will be exactly what lends this to be a fantastic computer game. The math was always fuzzy, the inevitable rules haggling too forever, and nobody ever wanted to paint their minis. Little wonder, really, Privateer Press actively encouraged all of these flaws. But, all of these elements fade into the background, or actually help a video game. I'm intrigued by Tactics, even if I will never purchase another model from Privateer Press again.
19 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
< >
TheInquisitiveInvictor 24 Tem 2013 @ 1:06pm 
Is it really that bad at the place you gamed? Wow, everybody at my gaming club paints their minis, and the rules discussions mid-game last enough as to get to the game quick as possible. Also, these "limitations" you speak of are meant to keep the game tight, since it was designed to be really competitive. Well, either way, Tactics will be an awesome game.
Emperor Andross 24 Tem 2013 @ 2:59pm 
Wow, either you had a really horrible gaming community or you have a really dim personal view on stereotypes of table top gamers and completely bought into them when you were there.
En son Emperor Andross tarafından düzenlendi; 24 Tem 2013 @ 3:00pm
fuzzzy88 26 Tem 2013 @ 7:47pm 
Yeah...this has to be an isolated experience (or lie). I have been playing Warmachine since 2003 and have been very active in the community...never of an experience like this.

Maybe you mean "Warhammer"...cause all that you mentioned is pretty common place in the 40K community.

As for the game, it is unarguably best rules set out there for miniature war games it's size. That has been one of PP's main strong points since the games conception, dead on rules with great balance. The only game that compares in high quality rules is Infinity, but that only has to take into account for 8-10 models at a time.

I am going to dub this "commenter" in the liar category...none of it makes any sense and honestly just comes off as lies. Sounds like someone, like everyone at first, got thier teeth kicked in and now just wants to cry about it under false accusations.
En son fuzzzy88 tarafından düzenlendi; 26 Tem 2013 @ 7:52pm
Pablo Estrella 27 Tem 2013 @ 7:35am 
Why thank you, everyone, for completely discounting my experiences. "This fellow is saying something that doesn't match up neatly with how I view my hobby? Clearly he's just cynical, a nuttter, doesn't have any real experience, or outright lying." Sorry, no. Cynical I can give you, sure. But, the rest? I'm by no means a nutter, nor am I lacking experience. I've been running friendly local game shops (plural) since before some of you were likely born, and have played, sold, demoed, collected, painted nearly every board, card, and miniatures game in print over the last 20+ years. I've organized thousands of game events from tiny Warmachine/Hordes in-store tournaments to some of the largest 'big name' game events in the US.

My experiences are quite real. But, hey, it's this is Warmachine/Hordes (and the itnernet), why not just completely ignore the rational argument and go straith for the Ad Hominem personal attacks. Good stuff, I must say, and it goes a long way to demonstrating my point I think.
Callum 27 Tem 2013 @ 8:01am 
Pablo Estrella tarafından gönderilen ileti:
Why thank you, everyone, for completely discounting my experiences. "This fellow is saying something that doesn't match up neatly with how I view my hobby? Clearly he's just cynical, a nuttter, doesn't have any real experience, or outright lying." Sorry, no. Cynical I can give you, sure. But, the rest? I'm by no means a nutter, nor am I lacking experience. I've been running friendly local game shops (plural) since before some of you were likely born, and have played, sold, demoed, collected, painted nearly every board, card, and miniatures game in print over the last 20+ years. I've organized thousands of game events from tiny Warmachine/Hordes in-store tournaments to some of the largest 'big name' game events in the US.

My experiences are quite real. But, hey, it's this is Warmachine/Hordes (and the itnernet), why not just completely ignore the rational argument and go straith for the Ad Hominem personal attacks. Good stuff, I must say, and it goes a long way to demonstrating my point I think.

I think you need to understand that we are expressing our own equally valid opinion and frankly there are more of us dissenting than agreeing. The point being your experience may have been spot on, I'm not saying it's not, but you went as far as to basically call us all flabby dorks which is more than a little insulting.

I have had great experience with Warmachine and I think the very existence of this game actually proves that Warmachine has been finding a home in peoples hearts for 10 years. Let's face it people haven't been playing it thinking "oh if I keep playing this maybe some day they'll make a pc game". Your experience is valid your extrapolations from that experience are flawed.
I am Jack's Wasted Life 27 Tem 2013 @ 8:23am 
I think in general, many table top games would benefit enormously from the digital treatment. My personal reason for never really getting into the mini scene was the cost. Building even a basic army costs hundreds of dollars. This cost also severely limits the communtiy. There are probably dozens of people in my area that would enjoy platying this and exactly none who do. Tracking the rules is an issue for some games too, although most mini games are relatively simple when compared to your average RPG or say Car Wars.
Mighty No. Gaim 31 Tem 2013 @ 3:53am 
I am Jack's Wasted Life tarafından gönderilen ileti:
I think in general, many table top games would benefit enormously from the digital treatment. My personal reason for never really getting into the mini scene was the cost. Building even a basic army costs hundreds of dollars. This cost also severely limits the communtiy. There are probably dozens of people in my area that would enjoy platying this and exactly none who do. Tracking the rules is an issue for some games too, although most mini games are relatively simple when compared to your average RPG or say Car Wars.

Not going to pull you in here, but you can play 15 pts. games in WM /Hordes and come out cheap. If you need some help, the communities at the forum are a great way to get started :)
DrDuckman 5 Ağu 2013 @ 9:42am 
Well, its the comments about game play testing that puts your testimony to doubt. If you are an experienced war gamer, you probably know that Warmachine/Hordes is basically the most tournament oriented wargame out there right now. Did you play back in the MK1 rules?

If you think WM is untested, I gotta ask, what have your been playing? I've been playing Warmachine, 40k, Malifaux, Infinity, Dystopian Wars, Warhammer Fantasy, Kings of War and Bushido... Warmachine is not my favorite game, but it's certainly the most play tested of them all. This being the internet, I am inclined to think you are a disgruntled fan or just had a bad experience with your gaming group.

Other than that, yeah, I highly agree that wargames would make excellent strategy games as well. Look no further than Dawn of War for proof.
DrDuckman 5 Ağu 2013 @ 9:45am 
Also, calling wargaming fans "overly competitive flabby dorks" probably does not help people to take you seriously, and sure as hell casts your claim that you are an old hand wargamer into doubt. You spent 20 years actively engaging with those "flabby dorks"? Really? And after generalizing the entire community as an insulting stereotype, you complain about Ad Hominem attacks as well?
ironman4do 5 Ağu 2013 @ 8:26pm 
The miniatures community was also a liability in my book. Lots of overly competitive flabby dorks who yearn for some means to take their passive-agression out on others.

I've been running friendly local game shops (plural) since before some of you were likely born

So you stereotypically insult the people you claim to be your client base for the past 20+ years, claim the miniatures community to be a "liability", and then expect us to just accept your vauge generalizations about miniature games that the miniatures community find bafflingly opposite to actual reality? But...but..."trust me, I've run game shops since before your grandpappy was in diapers!" (paraphrased of course)

If these stores you claim you've been running are this "friendly" to their client base, I'm surprised you had any players show up in your stores at all.

I've been a gamer since before there was an A in AD&D, and have played table top miniatures for about a decade now. Started with Warhammer 40k/Fantasy, and switched over fully to Warmachine/Hordes because my experieces were pretty much the direct opposite of what you say. MUCH cleaner rules, MUCH less arguments about special circumstances, MUCH more friendly player base, MUCH more laid back atmosphere. Sure, people can be competitive in tournements and such, but that's true of any widly played game. But hey, clearly I must be one of those "overly competitive flabby dorks" who's just playing into your stereotype simply because my opinions differ from yours.

Making an insulting generalization and then saying anyone who disagrees with you is just proof of it doesn't make you right. It just makes you one more internet troll, and a thoroughly unoriginal one at that.
fearmask 6 Ağu 2013 @ 12:40am 
You know the worst part of all this is that nothing the person said or anything said by folks afterward has anything to do with War Machine: Tactics. Honestly if it was within my power too do so the whole thing would be deleted. It is simply going to detract from those folks who want information regarding the game itself (Which is looking more and more awsome the more I see of it.)or might have an expressed intrest in seeing this game Greenlit.
Tony Stork 6 Ağu 2013 @ 6:47am 
I understand what he's getting at, but it's more entertaining to see that his posts are essentially the stereotype you expect to hear a non-informed person claim. Troll much?
The_Longier 15 Eyl 2013 @ 12:05am 
Reading between the lines of the Op it seems to say to Me "I played a few games and I got beat alot so I dont like it!" Privateer press playtest stuff more than Mantic or GW My only complaint is they wont release more of the Iron Kingdoms RPG stuff which is a shame as its a great setting and a good set of rules we just need more to be released so we can play it, there you go a legitimate and semi on topic (sort of) complaint.
Any info regarding the presence of collosals in the game? not that Im trying to change the subject.
B'oh | ShadowFighter88 19 Eyl 2013 @ 3:53pm 
Longier01 tarafından gönderilen ileti:
Reading between the lines of the Op it seems to say to Me "I played a few games and I got beat alot so I dont like it!" Privateer press playtest stuff more than Mantic or GW My only complaint is they wont release more of the Iron Kingdoms RPG stuff which is a shame as its a great setting and a good set of rules we just need more to be released so we can play it, there you go a legitimate and semi on topic (sort of) complaint.
Any info regarding the presence of collosals in the game? not that Im trying to change the subject.
Well the next IKRPG hardcover is coming out this month (might've come out a few days ago, actually) and they've been pretty consistent with releasing new stuff for it in No Quarter (including rules for Cyriss priests and warcasters as well as vectors) and for free on the website via the Full Metal Friday articles in Privateer Insider.

No word on colossals in Tactics, though. I wouldn't hold your breath for them either; the game seems to be smaller scale than the tabletop game (individual, elite soldiers instead of full squads) so you might be hard pressed to even fit a colossal in between the terrain.
The_Longier 20 Eyl 2013 @ 5:00am 
Yes Kings Nations and Gods is a very good release adds alot more detail to the human factions for the IKRPG and helpfully gives us information on the price fo coal which could be considered important in a steampunk fantasy setting, Collosals would have been fun but hey I'll still buy the game regardless.
19 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
< >
Sayfa başına: 15 30 50