This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

7 Days to Die - Zombie Survival Game
Peco Jul 21, 2013 @ 6:32pm
How Important Is PVP Multiplayer to Everyone?
Personally, in a survival-horror-RPG-Zombie game, I would be absolutely thrilled with a solid single-player or Co-op story mode, and if it was pulled off perfectly, I could see playing an open-world Zombie resource game with my friends for a long time.

I'm just wondering if you other players out there would be bothered if this game didn't haven a PVP element. I love the Left 4 Dead games, but I definitely play them for the PVE modes rather than the PVP. Would not being able to play head to head with other humans keep you from getting this game?
Showing 1-15 of 127 comments
< >
Krein Jul 21, 2013 @ 7:19pm 
for me personally when pvp becomes the main course like in DayZ it evolves into something that also becomes about people with the latest hacks, mods or connection. I tend to stop playing. So if this game was just another PVP focused game I would steer clear.
Petrothian Jul 21, 2013 @ 9:54pm 
well

from the looks of it, assuming what they have said already sticks. it will be like minecraft.

you can set up server rules to have pvp or not.
so if you want it, turn it on in your server, if not, then dont turn it on.

*orrrrrrr like what me and many plan to do, play single player or coop with people we know... so them not having pvp ... doesnt really affect us. *

and pvp is meh, all games that end up with open world pvp always become a kill 1st and dont ask questions game. they tried it with ultima online (wow, I feel really old now) and it didnt work back then, and it havnt worked since.

not to mention the toxicity that comes with it.

but yes, I am sure they will add in pvp modes at some point, so is not really an issue.

the important thing for them is to get the survival/minecraft bits right. if they don't, this will fade into history as another dayZ/WarZ*vomits* clone.
Zorlond Jul 22, 2013 @ 7:20am 
Thanks to the GIFT, I am so extremely over open PvP when it comes to games. There is just no feasible way to contain ♥♥♥-hatery in the medium. Yeah, I can do it (overy a year on WoW PvP server, another year on EVE), and deal with losing fights, but I am not here for your spleen-venting, Mr. Ganker. And I don't gank. I never gained any enjoyment from killing someone incapable of harming me. About the only fun I got was killing someone who thought they got the drop on me and thought they could kill me easily. Such events can be counted on one hand in all my experience.

So I have absolutely no interest in any game that uses open PvP. If there's no fun, there's no point.
Last edited by Zorlond; Jul 22, 2013 @ 7:21am
The Fun Pimp  [developer] Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:10am 
We're going to offer all the above solo, coop and PvP is in there and like you Im not a fan of it, My experience with Dayz was run around in the dark for 45 mintues not seeing one zombie, one item or one point of interest then getting sniped. This has been my experience with about 5 attempts to play it.
Last edited by The Fun Pimp; Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:11am
Zer0 Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:58am 
PvP is extremely important to me. I NEVER play a game forcing me to do it :) That's why I abandoned DayZ after a while. Other than that, it's great game.
McAlien Jul 22, 2013 @ 11:03am 
I really really don´t care about PvP. In games like this one PvP has a tendency to cause frustration, which is something I have to deal with in real already. Don´t get me wrong, I can absolutely live with getting completely pwned in a game of Counter Strike, but at least this game has a set of rules.

I tried to play DayZ a couple of times and soon stopped playing it after getting killed countless times, almost every bloody time by people I helped before. And then got laughed at by the very same people. And this is how pretty much every game similar to this will end, no matter what you actually CAN do. A coupke of people trying to do something useful or to create something - and then the majoritiy that soon starts to behave like jerks, simply because everybody is doing it.
^1[RS]^0Jorricks Jul 22, 2013 @ 11:48am 
PvP sucks in zombie games.
It's or a zombie game or a multi-player(PvP) game.
Don't put time in a crappy multi-player(PvP) while you can make the co-op even more awesome. The only thing it will do is bring down the reviews which you'll need..
:TF: Coolnate Jul 22, 2013 @ 1:02pm 
The whole idea behind zombies in general is to band together and survive. If everyone went around killing each other then there would be no one left to defend against the hordes. This kind of defeats the purpose of PVP.

In zombie survival instances the only people that are okay to kill are the ones that go crazy and jeopardize the very safety of the group. There could maybe be a sort of mental PVP where the goal is to make the other person go insane?

another do-able instance I can think of would be competing for supplies.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a competitive gameplay mode where you team up and compete for limited resources to survive the zombie attacks.
maybe instead of "killing" each other you could just slow them down or make it so they drop resources almost like a mugging. With limited resources it might be more beneficial to use the wood to build a weapon that it would be to build a wall so it could require some strategy.
Petrothian Jul 22, 2013 @ 4:36pm 
well, there is one form of pvp that might be fun, but it will be blantant rip off of left 4 dead.

I don't mind playing as a weak respawning zombie without guns and try to claw player character's faces off and beat their traps/etc =D

but definately no guns for player zombies, or it will revert to the classic gankfest.
Shadowof Jul 22, 2013 @ 7:57pm 
I think we need the PVE mode and the PVP mode.
foehawkkid Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:28pm 
i would definitely like having the option of it so i can dffer in between cause i do like pvp zombie games unlike most of the people here it seems but i dont like it when pvp gets in the way like dayz were you dont even care about the zombies and just worry about other people
rebec_leonardo Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:57pm 
need multiplayer.
|UG| Eendjesman1000KD (TDD #3) Jul 22, 2013 @ 11:38pm 
i think it would be awesome if there was pvp. then you splitt up and build your own 'Fortress' and you atrract the zombies to your friends house and you could try to kill him too =D
airart Jul 23, 2013 @ 6:32am 
This simply needs top be a server option that can be filtered if you don't want to play a certain "game type".
Sabersky Jul 23, 2013 @ 8:34am 
There should be an option in the server config or something that allows the server to have PVP or not
Showing 1-15 of 127 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50