This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

7 Days to Die - Zombie Survival Game
netnerd85 Oct 14, 2013 @ 8:24am
$USD 35.00 for an alpha?
[Update 2] I would like to thank the developers for listening to the community and lowering the price

$USD 35.00 for an alpha? are you crazy? WAY too expensive.

[Update 1] Offering access to the Alpha should be enticing, there is nothing enticing about $35 upfront to support a game (that may or may not even finish development, remember that!) and very little communication from the team.
Last edited by netnerd85; Mar 2 @ 2:04am
Showing 1-15 of 172 comments
< >
Cerberus Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:06am 
Agreed, hopefully it'll become cheaper when it comes to steam
Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:07am 
Maybe he is comming out with DLC. Thus giving it to people who purchased in greenlight for $35
Cerberus Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:18am 
No offence meant, but that doesn't make all that much sense. I understand the idea, but planning for DLC when its still in Alpha and charging ahead of schedule with it included in the buying price is a little silly. Especially since it doesn't /say/ that there will be DLC in the future. If it did then the price would sound a little more reasonable, even if DLC is one of the main banes of the gaming world.

The only reason I can think of it legitly being $35 is if that was the price that people had to contribute on Kickstarter to be given a place in the Alpha. Similar to the Planetary Annihilation situation.
Yoshimtu Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:44pm 
I don't really see the reasoning either. However A LOT of games do this, and I'm not sure if it'll be cheaper or not. But most games do charge more. I recently purchased a $20 for $50 to play Alpha.
Hooker Spit Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
No dont buy its a scam, they will NOT send you a cdkey and put your emails on block. I am aleady talking to a steam rep about a possible scam. its been three month and nothing. They have seen my posts sense they want to block my emails. So they have no intentions to fix it. So buyers beware.
Hooker Spit Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:20pm 
I am not the only one, there are hundrests of players in the same position. Just left in the dark.
Cerberus Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:23pm 
Fammas, I understand that you're suffering issues in this, but constantly spamming everywhere declaring it a scam when there are a lot of people A) Clearly playing it, and B) Saying they've gotten their keys fine isn't the solution.

If you're worried about paying for the Alpha right now, just wait for it to come through Steam.
Yoshimtu Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
Yea, most people are getting their game. And if you looked at the official forums you'll see they mentioned they are still getting all the keys out. Spamming the ♥♥♥♥ is most likely against forum rules.
Hooker Spit Oct 14, 2013 @ 2:16pm 
I undestand, trust me I dont mean to spam but its the only way to get thier attention. even If I get an Email that says they are still working on it, then fine. But three months and no contacts? I have sent them 20 emails and all ignored... So I am going to spam and do my part to make people aware that it can happen to them. If its not a scam, then why not contact me? and tell me what is going on, instead of leaving me in the dark. So If its not a scam, then it means they dont care, then I dont care. I already talked 12 people from buying the game, you do the math. That is 12 people that will not get thier money stolen from. I just want an email that is all.
Cerberus Oct 14, 2013 @ 2:28pm 
Originally posted by Fammas:
I dont mean to spam

Originally posted by Fammas:
So I am going to spam

A slight contradiction there Fammas. But come on, really? If they're not taking notice of emails and blocking you then I doubt they're going to take any notice of your spamming on Steam, or even preventing a handful of people from buying their alpha.

We understand you're angry, but if your spam on here is anything to go by, I don't quite blame them from blocking you if you're sending them constant emails demanding a key. Three months is a long time to wait, but I'm not sure if you're exaggerating the length of time, or not quite telling us the truth when it came to what happened or exactly how you've been acting in these emails.

Also keep in mind this post.

Originally posted by The Night Fox:
if you looked at the official forums you'll see they mentioned they are still getting all the keys out.

Three months is obviously a long time to wait, but you may have been lost in transit and confusion in that time.
Hooker Spit Oct 14, 2013 @ 2:35pm 
So If i pay for a product or service and NEVER get the one or other, they are in the right for ignoring the paying customer right? They have no right to block me, I paid for a product/service and they failed to give it. So wating three months anyone is going to be angry and will spam them for either a refund or the products, and if they dont do either then its a scam. That is what is the definition of scam. If they even sent me an email saying we are still working on it, then fine. And all my emails were just saying, look I havent heard from you guys and here is the transaction from paypal. please write back to confirm. I was not spamming them. Then when they start blocking me. Either give me back my money, or give me what i paid for. Its kind of messed up that I am begging to get my money back or to get what i paid for. You think this falls under consumer protection? It will be intersting to know if you can bring the law in to this? I dont think its nessesary to go that far, yet. People get sued for way less then this. I dont know why they are ignoring consumer protection laws.
Tezorian Oct 14, 2013 @ 4:53pm 
You know what is too much? Paying $50 or more for an officially released game, that has (so) many bugs, it's makes the gameplay a nuisance. Who says that even if you get access, the game will reach its full maturity? Regardless, i think it's worth a shot. Knowing what you get is totally different from thinking what you get.
Yoshimtu Oct 14, 2013 @ 8:49pm 
Good point Tez, and @ Fammas, So admitting you spam on steam forums. Hope the Steam mods do something eventually. And yes you can bring the law into this, however I have a feeling your emails weren't as nice as "I havent heard from you guys", and refrained from calling it a scam in the emails. And yea, I agree that it's pretty ♥♥♥♥ty of the developers to block emails for any reason. Personally I'd bring the law into this and let them know, if nothing else they will work on getting your key.
Juniorpotato Oct 14, 2013 @ 9:45pm 
the 35$ is worth it they are going to add a ton more stuff into the game and the graphics are going to get a huge boost
fl1guy2 Oct 14, 2013 @ 10:25pm 
But here's the thing about Alpha, allowing us to purchase and play the game early gives them access to more beta tester's than they would be able to pay in normal circumstances. And better yet we're paying them to do it while at the same time infusing their companies with extra money. We also give them a TON of quality feedback.

And we're paying them to do this. In everyday logic that would be like having to pay to work everyday.

This is why a lot of the alpha games now are $20 and come with a full digital copy on release. Because we're still saving them a ton of money on debugging, brainstorming ideas, and interest that they would of usually have to pay out to investors.

Realistically we're the ones doing them a favor not the other way around. I couldn't support the $35 price when the most this game will drop for is $50 which is very unlikely as that is what the bigger title games charge and they do multi million dollar adverts.
Showing 1-15 of 172 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50