This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
impliedword Jul 18, 2013 @ 8:41am
xbox controller support for pc plz
please support xbox controller.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Atlas Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:37am 
I concur. I use the 360 controller as my pc controller. Please add support for this!
Moody Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
Yep, this is one of the few where I'd rather use the controller than KB+M.
Rocketman Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:51pm 
this cant be a good port without xbox 360 controller support. impossible.
impliedword Jul 18, 2013 @ 5:05pm 
Originally posted by Rocketman:
this cant be a good port without xbox 360 controller support. impossible.
just making sure cause it doesnt say anywhere about it.
nastynate. Jul 18, 2013 @ 5:44pm 
Agreed on this.
joe_erased Jul 20, 2013 @ 1:04am 
we definitely need xbox 360 controller support
SirPrimalform Jul 20, 2013 @ 6:15am 
I'd prefer general DirectInput controller support, then it'll support all USB controllers.
Zol-leks Jul 20, 2013 @ 7:25am 
From the FAQ "- Big Picture / controller support / Steamworks being looked into!"

So cross your fingers, I imagine it will have too, I admit I know nothing about making games, but given it already has a 360 version, the ground work is already there for it work with a 360 controller on pc I would think.
Rocketman Jul 20, 2013 @ 10:30am 
Originally posted by Zol-leks:
From the FAQ "- Big Picture / controller support / Steamworks being looked into!"

So cross your fingers, I imagine it will have too, I admit I know nothing about making games, but given it already has a 360 version, the ground work is already there for it work with a 360 controller on pc I would think.

Totally agree!
impliedword Jul 21, 2013 @ 11:26am 
Originally posted by Zol-leks:

true but the directors cut was on ps3...and pc is directors cut plus more....thats why i was was worried about xbox controller support.
Communist "Kris Kremlin" Layton Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
I'd much rather use a mouse and keyboard, personally. No matter how much they fix the controls they'll never be perfect (in my opinion, at least) on a gamepad if only because gamepads are inherently bad for third person shooters. The combat in Deadly Premonition has never been the strong point, so I'd rather just have mouse control to get through those parts quickly.
impliedword Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
Originally posted by Communist "General Frost" Layton:
I'd much rather use a mouse and keyboard, personally. No matter how much they fix the controls they'll never be perfect (in my opinion, at least) on a gamepad if only because gamepads are inherently bad for third person shooters. The combat in Deadly Premonition has never been the strong point, so I'd rather just have mouse control to get through those parts quickly.

some people like controllers...get over it...i mean why even postand ♥♥♥♥♥ about it?
Communist "Kris Kremlin" Layton Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:24pm 
Originally posted by impliedword:

some people like controllers...get over it...i mean why even postand ♥♥♥♥♥ about it?

I know it's the steam forums so the bar for civilized discussion is already set like ten times lower than the average forum, but you know you don't have be hostile to people who have different opinions, right? The point of a discussion is to actually have a discussion, so I decided to put in my two cents so we could have something to discuss that wasn't a column of posters saying what the person above them said. I never said they should ONLY put mouse and keyboard in, I just said that that's what I would prefer to use. Obviously it would be best if they put both options in.
Last edited by Communist "Kris Kremlin" Layton; Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:25pm
RAGED RECON Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:51am 
I would like to see this game get pad support as well it will be better with one and it was not on pc first and it will sell more with pad support more people can play the game as it was on consoles controller support = more people may buy the game win win for all use what you like to play the game don't hate other people who like their pads love my pad used for all my pc games have fun play how you want to play.
Scorn Sep 12, 2013 @ 3:26pm 
I never said they should ONLY put mouse and keyboard in, I just said that that's what I would prefer to use. Obviously it would be best if they put both options in.

Indeed. Especially since DP is a console game first and foremost, hence was designed to be played with a gamepad, i'm rather interested if keyboard and mouse support is going to be any good. I'd also much rather prefer to play it with KB&M but there literally is now point why anyone shouldn't want to have gamepad support.

By the way, even if the XBox gamepad shouldn't be supported you can still use emulators like xpadder or the like which will make it work regardless.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50