This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
keltboy Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:52am
Is there any difference?
Is there any notable difference between this and the PS3 version? I mean, the graphics look the same, the gameplay looks the same, the costumes are the same (IMO). So, what have you done, besides just jump it from PS3 to PC?

Also, when is the PS3 DLC coming and will it be free?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Rising Star Games  [developer] Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:05am 
The DLC will be free and included with the release, along with other content exclusive to the PC version. And obviously, the PC version is going to look sharper... don't judge based on just the trailer!
gusgreco7 Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:13am 
i suggest to the developers to make a thread about faqs, since ppl are gonna bombardize you with the same questions. whats the difference with ps3 version, price, release date etc.
also im sure many ppl (including me) will support you and make sure this awesome game gets greenlit as fast as possible
Freddo Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:33am 
I don't really expect any differences except for higher gameplay resolution, faster loading times and higher framerate. Which is fine by me, I don't need higher textures and all that.

That said, japanese console games going PC are usually not the best PC ports, for example, see Dark Souls and Binary Domain (several BD issues were fixed in the patch though but the mouse control is still somewhat clunky and the zero mouse wheel support remain). So the million dollar question for me is, how playable will the mouse+keyboard controls be?

It is a lovely game though, and I really enjoyed it on the PS3 and pretty much consider it a must-buy already, even if I do suspect the controls will indeed be clunky.
BONKERS Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:55am 
Will be able to play with PC hardware Anti Aliasing, full Anisotropic filtering, and a completely stable framerate. That's good enough for me!

Just for ♥♥♥♥♥ though, if there are any Prerendered FMVs in the game. Please improve the quality for the PC version.
The Butman Jul 18, 2013 @ 5:14am 
Will you fix the map in the game? Or at least add waypoint-placing for the player? In the PS3 version it is very difficult to navigate in the town because you can't put waypoints on any location and the map keeps spinning anytime you make a turn, and will we be able to zoom out the map to the max so we can see the whole town?
sora_46 Jul 18, 2013 @ 5:23am 
@Freddo In any case you could use the usb gamepad.
Freddo Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:40pm 
Don't want to use a gamepad by the computer.

In any case, one difference I really wish for is the engine sound. I really hated that in the PS3 version and often when I drove longer distances I turned off the TV sound.
keltboy Aug 6, 2013 @ 12:49pm 
Originally posted by Rising Star Games:
The DLC will be free and included with the release, along with other content exclusive to the PC version. And obviously, the PC version is going to look sharper... don't judge based on just the trailer!
OK, now answer the second part: when is the PS3 DLC coming?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50