This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Bot Colony
Roamin Jul 17, 2013 @ 6:41pm
Tone of the trailer
The trailers music seemed to make it seem intense, but the actions being portrayed seemed silly and tongue in cheek.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
BotColony  [developer] Jul 17, 2013 @ 6:54pm 
Originally posted by Roamin:
The trailers music seemed to make it seem intense, but the actions being portrayed seemed silly and tongue in cheek.
Roamin Jul 17, 2013 @ 6:57pm 
I of course don't mean to imply that the trailer gives a negative impression, it did lead me to go further and discover more about your game!
BotColony  [developer] Jul 17, 2013 @ 7:02pm 
You are actually remote-controlling a robot (through speech and cameras hidden in the walls) to restore the house to its original state before the spy broke into it to steal a prototype chip. That is the objective of Intruder. The level tests your sense of observation, your ability to communicate with a robot, your awareness of the environment and how well you pay attention to what you're told. It can also be played with a downtimer. It also helps you get into the devious mind of the spy. So no, the actions are not tongue in cheek, but rather being careful not to leave traces. There's more detail here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G__2oNSBbuY - and if other people think it's helpful, we can post the video. It's not at the same level of finish as the trailer, but it explains the mission background.
Roamin Jul 17, 2013 @ 7:24pm 
That sounds like a very interesting mechanic. I can imagine it requiring a lot of finesse, where stealth games I've played before have always made leaving a mess a requirenment. Thank you for linking that video, like all the content your group has put out it has an impressive amount of polish.
Crazy Boris Jul 17, 2013 @ 9:47pm 
It's pretty snazzy.
Gunthak Jul 18, 2013 @ 2:24pm 
One day your kids will be remote controlling real androids. Lets hope they don't use it to steal the neighbor's car! The android would probably say no.
Sgt.Psycho Aug 15, 2013 @ 4:04am 
Looking pretty good so far!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oucpNYusc_w&t=2m8s
(skip to 2m8s to check out the verbal control)
Last edited by Sgt.Psycho; Aug 15, 2013 @ 4:04am
BotColony  [developer] Aug 15, 2013 @ 2:09pm 
This is the 2010 fare, stay tuned for tomorrow...:-)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50