This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Viscera Cleanup Detail
ozforce Jul 14, 2013 @ 8:29pm
Not happy about the V0.11 update...
So i noticed that there was an update, i read that held biohazard disposal units no longer rotate in your hands..................................................................................WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!? why was this feature removed? so now i have to spend an extra 30 minutes due to if i flip the biohazard disposal units over i have to flip it back over myself which removes all things inside it and creates a massive pile of blood and then i have to take a long time to fix it especially if it was carrying shells! you remove a nice feature for no reason, which just makes when you flip the biohazard disposal unit over it makes you have the same reaction as when you get about 5 arms from the bin machine! just why??? And then i read on slightly further, and noticed that you said that left clicking now drops what your holding aswell as right clicking!!! why did you do this? it was better before! this is pointless to remove this it just annoys people who are trying to grab something high up and press it twice, they drop the object! why did you change this? just why????
Last edited by ozforce; Jul 14, 2013 @ 8:30pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
ShadowBlade  [developer] Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:33am 
We can rethink at any point :)
ozforce Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:55am 
That is the response i was hoping for, because the things that i complained about were completely unneccessary to remove, and i will also miss making those arm jokes. But maybe you could make all of these just settings, the right click drop left click grab is default and you can change it to both do both if you want, and the biohazard disposal units flipping over on picking up would be an option aswell, default on, and then the random meshes would be an option, simply labelled ''random meshes on machinery glitch'' or something like that, default on. These options would allow you to slightly tweak the difficulty in different ways.
DarkCarnivour  [developer] Jul 16, 2013 @ 6:53pm 
Well, we did both those things for a reason.
The bio bins not automatically flipping was done because when players were picking up their bins, it would flip very erratically and throw the contents everywhere. That may just be amusing enough to add it back, but it was very glitchy so we will re-think it as we improve overall physics behavior. Manually having to turn over the bins is far more stable and doesn't throw the contents all across the room. This also allowed the bins to be used for stacking more easily. We are looking into possible ways of letting players rotate held objects though which solve this and related problems.
As for the dropping with left click, we noticed that almost everyone in videos they recorded tries to drop items using left click. Since the previous behavior of hands attempting to pick things up when they were already holding something was odd and not intended, we gave people the action they had assumed for now.
Since this is an alpha it means we will likely add experimental features and see if they hit the mark or not with players and adjust accordingly.
Reasoned and well thought out feedback is what we hope for to improve the game.
ozforce Jul 16, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
Originally posted by DarkCarnivour:
Well, we did both those things for a reason.
The bio bins not automatically flipping was done because when players were picking up their bins, it would flip very erratically and throw the contents everywhere. That may just be amusing enough to add it back, but it was very glitchy so we will re-think it as we improve overall physics behavior. Manually having to turn over the bins is far more stable and doesn't throw the contents all across the room. This also allowed the bins to be used for stacking more easily. We are looking into possible ways of letting players rotate held objects though which solve this and related problems.
As for the dropping with left click, we noticed that almost everyone in videos they recorded tries to drop items using left click. Since the previous behavior of hands attempting to pick things up when they were already holding something was odd and not intended, we gave people the action they had assumed for now.
Since this is an alpha it means we will likely add experimental features and see if they hit the mark or not with players and adjust accordingly.
Reasoned and well thought out feedback is what we hope for to improve the game.

You see, the point is that i clearly posted that you add all of the things you changed under the game piece of the update as in the options menu, so they can turn it on or off however they want it, but you just completely went straight past that post it seems.
DarkCarnivour  [developer] Jul 17, 2013 @ 5:12am 
Ok, I see.
I should avoid working at 4AM

Also, we will be adding mod support at some point hopefully not too far off so that should make any imaginable craziness possible.
DocBerry Jul 17, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
Sadly I must also voice my disapproval for the new biohazard system.. BUT how about this.. is there a way you can just add an option in "Options" to allow or disallow automatcailly rotating the bin towards the hands, so that way.. you have the people who want automation and people who do not.. I did talk to two of my freinds who want the automation off, but I perfer to be it on with the standard looking up to carry weight of a heavy object..
andyyudiche Oct 4, 2013 @ 7:06pm 
Can you send me a link of the version with the glitchy bins,biohazard units, or anything? Just nothing that makes me have to turn off my computer or see a technichan or something. Yes I know I spelled the tech word wrong!
Last edited by andyyudiche; Oct 4, 2013 @ 7:06pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50