This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

RAKION
Jyuuma - AND THE PANTS WERE DEAD Aug 23, 2013 @ 2:29am
This game has potential.
Rakion has been out for years now. If it didn't have potential it would have died a long time ago. It still gets updates, it has monthly events, etc. For those worried about Cash gear, there ARE options in the game that allow you to be on par with other players, and it also has a currency (Event Points) that you can use to get Cash items for virtually free. It also, just like games like TF2, rewards you for spending time on the game. Hacks? Years ago they were quite abundant, you couldn't enter a room without at least 1 player clearly hacking their way to "victory". Nowadays though? Hacks are pretty rare, and maybe the only way for you to lose your acc is to be pretty dumb (not respecting the rules or giving away personal info, which you SHOULDN'T do anyway).

There are, however, just a few things that could be covered.
Lag, for starters. It's an issue that has been there since the beginning, and it's quite common to see players flying around, hits not registering, etc, but on most cases the game's still playable. But hey, lag's EVERYWHERE. Name a single game that doesn't have a single pinch of lag at any instance. Yeah, that's what I thought.
Second, a thing that should be noticed is that the International version has lost quite some people, so if you want to find more people to play with, you might want to check the Latin version (which is the one I play atm)...which takes me to the next point.
The community. Lordy. I don't really need to say much more.

Now, something that I'd like to know. What exactly would change if Rakion was officially implemented on Steam? I mean, you can already add the game on your Library if you wish, though of course Steam still wouldn't quite recognize it as a Steam game.

What would change? What would become better, and what might go wrong? First the safe stuff, then speculations.

Anyways, just my opinion on this topic. I'd really like to see Rakion as a Steam game cause I feel it would bring some well deserved popularity to this lil Gem. Sure, it might not be as fancy or cool as many newer games, but it is still quite enjoyable.

Greetings and have a good time.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Zadenados Aug 23, 2013 @ 6:30pm 
i support everything that was said.
YJC yolo kid 94 Aug 31, 2013 @ 10:23am 
I couldn't agree more
SnOw(Gee) Aug 31, 2013 @ 11:01am 
you sir deserve my respect
Boneless Sep 7, 2013 @ 12:58am 
Salute!
Kammo64 Sep 7, 2013 @ 10:57pm 
I also support everything said above! Had lots of fun playing this back in the day.
Hogaríc Sep 9, 2013 @ 12:03pm 
I disagree with the cash thing because it is nearly impossible to get anything like DB rings.Other than that, this game has a really cool pvp and people would love it
Jyuuma - AND THE PANTS WERE DEAD Sep 9, 2013 @ 3:47pm 
Originally posted by hogaric:
I disagree with the cash thing because it is nearly impossible to get anything like DB rings.Other than that, this game has a really cool pvp and people would love it

Well, yes, there *are* a few items that usually can only be obtained via Event Points, like the Deathblow ring. But! Once again, there are at least 2 ways to get past this: Basic Mode (which pretty much leaves you with your class' basic stats, no extra stats from your gear or your added stats points), or certain Events, which give you the chance to obtain certain items, like the DB ring and other stuff as well. This, of course, relies on your own luck as well.

In the end Rakion still gives you options for your gameplay experience: Wanna go hardcore? Just enter a random room with no particular restrictions (where you can use all your stats, potions, pets, etc, though this particular choice ends up on a lot of chaos and disbalance on many cases xD). Wanna prove your actual skills? Try Basic Mode, which only lets you use your very basic stats. I recall they also added an option to disable Effects (which are special statuses that affect gameplay as well: Frozen, Curse, Slow, etc.)
PowerGreen Sep 10, 2013 @ 2:12am 
HELL NO.

Combat is unique. I'll give it that. But it's old and spent, nothing of note's been added or changed and it's hardly different from when I played it 6-7 years ago. Apart from cash shop items, which arguably triples the effectiveness of your character in combat. Relying solely on events to make your avatar even slightly competitive is stupid.

Were it a sequel, then I'd support it without reserve. Possibly
ForSaikeN Sep 28, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
yup it has been really good back in the days but has bert was saying it hasnt seen improvements in ages. The only changes I've seen is more cash, new cells, more ways for softnyx to get money but no fix to the issues of the game. It has been around for so long that it reached its golden years and died from cash making you win. If softnyx was to fix stuff and if steam can bring new ppl then yea I would definitely play it again but I doubt it.

For now I've been playing another "strategy action game" that would be imo Rakion successor: Archeblade.
Jyuuma - AND THE PANTS WERE DEAD Sep 28, 2013 @ 5:07pm 
I found an old article about Archeblade but haven't tried it myself for one particular reason...is it true that it's supposedly F2P BUT you have to pay for each new character you make? o.O

At any rate, it seems those 2 (Rakion and Archeblade I mean) seem to be games of their own kind.
Home Nov 18, 2013 @ 12:45pm 
en par with Cashers. Lol. This is the biggest Pay 2 Win game out there.
희망 Nov 22, 2013 @ 1:05am 
agree , i agree .add-on here , if AB compare to RAKION i will say RAKION
1.while u PVP in AB - the effect while u are or they are hitted arent as good as RAKION
2.Since it isnt too easy to control - AB's pvp scene is like playing DragonNest i would rather play DN if to play AB because DN have everything btr thn AB
3.RAKION's control is like FPS game , easy , clear , fair , smooth , fast , and based on strategy more compared to AB
Daniel-san Dec 4, 2013 @ 4:52pm 
The game is way too unbalanced. I mean, it is pretty difficult to find a fair match. Yeah, of course, Basic Mode, but I think the real idea of the game is to get better items, which you can get without spending a cent, and actually use them! For starters, I think they should release a patch, but I mean a HUGE patch, fixing and nerfing pretty much everything. For example, they could restrict the equippable amount of DBs and some cells (MKs) and lower their stats, things like that. Just then, they could expect getting into Steam.
Jyuuma - AND THE PANTS WERE DEAD Dec 4, 2013 @ 6:11pm 
Originally posted by Daniel-san:
The game is way too unbalanced. I mean, it is pretty difficult to find a fair match. Yeah, of course, Basic Mode, but I think the real idea of the game is to get better items, which you can get without spending a cent, and actually use them! For starters, I think they should release a patch, but I mean a HUGE patch, fixing and nerfing pretty much everything. For example, they could restrict the equippable amount of DBs and some cells (MKs) and lower their stats, things like that. Just then, they could expect getting into Steam.

I do have to agree on re-working some stuff a bit indeed. If I had to give a particular suggestion, it'd be to completely ban the use of Cells (pets) on EVERYTHING other than Stages. When used on any other modes that are supposed to be based on the character's abilities and the player's skills, the game does become a (please Steam let me use this word) real Cluster♥♥♥♥. Also as for the DB rings....I did some reading about them in the past (cause I just recently returned to play Rakion after around 5 years and I'm guessing a lot of stuff happened) and I believe the rings were heavily nerfed already, though some work on them may help as well I guess. Also I know I mentioned there's lag on pretty much every online game, but the netcode (or whatever it's called, engis help me here) could use some working as it is indeed sometimes a true obstacle for actual gameplay.

Until then, people who plays it still have options for when looking for relatively fair matches, or otherwise you can always create your own rooms that you can set up with fair rules and even make it private if you want to play with your friends only.

At any rate, even if Rakion doesn't make it into the Steam library this time, i'm really thankful for all the feedback you guys are providing. This game was one of the first ones online I've ever played, and I know it needs a lot of work, but I just know I'm not the only one out there that still enjoys it up to this date, with its flaws and features.
BlueSpirit Mar 31 @ 6:29pm 
estoy de acuerdo contigo, yo sigo jugando rakion me parece q es uno de los mejores juegos y me gustaria q este en steam
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50