This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

RAKION
Bootsy Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:49pm
This is a definite no.
I played this game for almost 2 years. I stopped for several reasons:

1. It became a pay to win scenario. Everything became pay. If you didn't pay, you were at a SEVERE disadvantage.
2. Lag. There was insane amounts of lag that was never corrected.
3. Hackers. The game was plagued with them and nothing was ever done to fix it.

In short, I vote a hearty no. This is another softnyx money grab and I'm surprised Rakion is still functioning.
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
[S][D]CaptainChangeKept Jul 18, 2013 @ 9:07pm 
lol if it comes on steam this game would be hack less and the lagg issue will be solved by steam community
Dragone Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:31am 
I SAY YES!
Rm Jul 22, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
i say yes becuse it will come to steam you fool
Bootsy Jul 25, 2013 @ 3:28pm 
I have far more experience with steam than all three of you combined. One of you only plays DOTA and has played less than one year. Another has very little playtime in 3 years... and the last has a VAC ban... Do you really trust the cheaters to tell you that there won't be cheating?

There are plenty of hackers in valve games. TF2 has a fair amount, but it's nothing compared to what Rakion had. Steam would also not affect lag issues because the server hosting would still be Sofynyx's responsibility. The purpose of steam is NOT to do developer's job for them. There's absolutely no reason this should be on steam.
Last edited by Bootsy; Jul 25, 2013 @ 3:31pm
[RAT]ScottMass Jul 26, 2013 @ 3:41am 
it should be on steam to get more players and if they do use VAC there will be less hackers. theres a chance that they will use valve servers as they said the ms problems will be fixed. if you dont wqant it on steam thats fair enough you dont have to play, but dont try to persuade others to not want it.

Also they maybe will allow for steam ingame chat etc. maybe eventually steam workshop or something. who knows, maybe they will eventually go the Dota way and make it not pay to win (not very likley i know)
Bootsy Jul 27, 2013 @ 6:15pm 
They lost players for a reason. Aside from the fact that this game is FAR out of date, it has no business on steam. If the only reason you think this game should be on steam is to help them solve problems that they refuse to fix themselves... you're voting for the wrong reasons.

They've said they'd fix all the problems several times. Instead, they introduce more cash-grab items and do nothing to actually solve them.

Not only that, but we're talking about a free to play game with a pay to win sytem...going on greenlight which means they're going to charge for it. Would any of you actually BUY this game given its track record?

You shouldn't be voting on maybes.
Last edited by Bootsy; Jul 27, 2013 @ 6:19pm
yumi Jul 28, 2013 @ 10:33am 
There are absolutely no hackers at the moment, which surprised me really.. not to mention there's a login event so by staying idle you can EASILY get thousands of event points. Every free game is p2p for the most part, there will ALWAYS and ALWAYS be major benefits for those that pay.
Emonium Aug 1, 2013 @ 9:04pm 
Originally posted by Bootsy:
Not only that, but we're talking about a free to play game with a pay to win sytem...going on greenlight which means they're going to charge for it. Would any of you actually BUY this game given its track record?

You shouldn't be voting on maybes.
Not every game that gets greenlit makes you pay for it. Archeblade and GunZ2 for example
Zadenados Aug 22, 2013 @ 6:21pm 
let them bring it to steam and see what happens. will it effect you in anyway? no. but it will effect the active players, however few are left. i for one would love to see this game get a boost in players and come back.
PowerGreen Sep 10, 2013 @ 2:16am 
How would it effect the active players, if they're already playing it? I'm with OP on this one.
Mushe Sep 10, 2013 @ 5:25am 
I agree with all of them, and I played for about 5 years. I saw the game diying because of the HUGE amount of cash involved.

Besides, Rakion has different clients for each language/country, how are they going to manage that on Steam? Only the International server? What about Spanish/Latin people for example?
HYPER BEAM Sep 21, 2013 @ 6:21am 
I don't know about you guys, but I've played this game a LOT back when I was young. Before all the hacks and the OP cash items were available at that time, the game had a really solid PvP combat system which most games today don't.

Battles with one person could last for minutes, my heart would race everytime an opponent strikes and I would find myself barely defeating the enemy. And then I moved on to the next fighter and tried to take out their archers and mages in the back afterwards. Needless to say, I got hooked.

Throughout my time playing rakion, I've encountered several of the issues that you guys were having. Lag spikes, flying archers, rapid mage missiles heading straight for me, 100 raging dragons chasing me, and etc. Some of the hacks were fun to watch back then until it got quite annoying. So, I left the game room in search for another.

At that time the hacks weren't so severe (don't know about now though), and I enjoyed every single match that I've played. Lagspikes and all.

Disregarding the hacks, lag issues, and Cash Items, I'd say this game had a really balanced combat system for every individual character. A 10/10 game for me.

TL;DR YES, FOR GREAT JUSTICE
Squall Dark Oct 13, 2013 @ 10:41pm 
Hi. Most people when they read an opinion of the game, think they are blaming the overall game, when the really poison that harm Rakion none is other than Softnyx. See ya.
[RAT]ScottMass Oct 20, 2013 @ 6:36am 
Originally posted by Bootsy:
T Aside from the fact that this game is FAR out of date, it has no business on steam. If the only reason you think this game should be on steam is to help them solve problems that they refuse to fix themselves... you're voting for the wrong reasons.

They've said they'd fix all the problems several times. Instead, they introduce more cash-grab items and do nothing to actually solve them.

1. Game being old and out of date means nothing, they have sega games on here like golden axe..

2. If they were on steam it would mean more player, more money, more budget for fixing and adding content.

3. Most items are available to non paying players now, through event points and drops (just today i played and got the whole new Nobles set (which cost around $19 in the cash shop) for free in a event box drop. They even have achivements now that allow you to buy cash items with gold when you completed the achivement.

4. What makes you think you will have to BUY the game? there are plenty of free games on steam.

They are now starting to head in the right direction, the only problem now for me is the lag issues are still there, but with more money from it being on steam I think they could upgrade servers etc. Also I havent seen a hacker in a while..
[GN] ᵽɧѦɨЯԂҰ Nov 2, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
guys please, this game is horrible. having +10 armor against someone who just started. having level 1 - 99 rooms. hackers. lag.

this game is dead guys there is nothing left just abandon it. all softnyx wants is you greenlighting their game so they can get more attention and just squeeze a little bit more money out of it

every single one who thinks this game will get improved by the steam community is pathetic. it isn't our job to do what the developpers won't. it is THEIR game so it is THEIR job to do something about it.

and everyone saying softnyx is a great company. tell me, when was the last time softnyx had a major issue fixing update? kinda hard to remember right? just like i though.

anyways the playersbase is dying, the game is dead, it is horribly balanced and secured and honestly i am surprised to see they still host their servers.

do what you must guys but think before you act. greenlighting this won't solve this games' problems.
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50