This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Oknytt
Binary7 Feb 22 @ 6:57pm
A personal impression put into words, if you will. (I normally never do this)
I bought the game on DailyRoyale/Desura a few days ago and since sat down every evening around midnight and played through the 5 chapters, just finished it a few minutes ago. I say play, this game is more like an interactive story, and a pretty good one at that.
The artstyle is - although majorly held in simple gray shades - very appealing, even more enriched by the contrast that the few shining and colorful objects create.
Sound design is absolutely phenomenal, the varying background music in the different chapters, as well as the musical cues and sounds when certain events happen.
Brian Hall has really done a particularly swell job leading the player through the world, telling an extremely captivating story, providing interesting background lore, and voicing the various characters - all that with his enchanting, enthralling voice.
The gameplay is much like you would expect from a point-and-click game; ranging from inspecting objects and combining items in your inventory to fetching and using tools and other means to progress. What really shines and improves upon the feel of the interactions for me is the involvement of both the scandinavian folklore and the roles the 4 runes play in many different puzzles; which are cleverly designed themselves.
I don't usually play many games of this genre, if any. I had to look up a walkthrough 2 times while playing; the first time was because I didn't notice the piece of cloth on the scarecrow's head in chapter 1 (My fault entirely), and in the second case I didn't walk to the back wall in the cave with the dried-up river in chapter 3 (Probably my mistake again). Both these things were most likely caused by my lack of knowledge with this kind of game, but I got into the swing of things pretty well over time.
I really enjoyed myself while playing Oknytt, the dark and tense atmosphere of such a special and mysterious night was pinpointly captured. I really felt with the insignificant creature and his little friend as they made their way through this unreal world, filled with fascinating creatures and unbelievable secrets alike. I got a bit emotional when the story came to an end, and afterwards sat starring at the main menu screen, listening to the clear piano notes and violin strokes, their melody now seeming slightly sadder, for more than 5 minutes.
As you surely have noticed by now, this experience has touched me very deep inside and will linger in my head for a long time.
I wish you the best of wishes on your quest to get this beautiful game greenlit, and of course will heartily recommend it to my friends.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Nemoria  [developer] Feb 27 @ 1:14am 
Thank you so much Binary7! Your heartfelt review truly inspire us to keep going, and we're happy that we are able to introduce new people to the genre through Oknytt.
EternalMagus Apr 3 @ 5:49pm 
Good review. Thanks.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50