This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Maia
Sanctioned Sire Jul 3, 2013 @ 12:46pm
Maia, like a sci-fi dungeon keeper and evil genius
Just to clarify for any new people reading discussions, it did get a developer response:

"You will be able to get an IMP robot to drop explosive charges that backfill an area. Of course this will cost resources to do and might cause more of a cave in than you hoped for."

if you didn't...you know.... look down two posts to see him.
----------------------
If there was one feature games like dungeon keeper should have is a seeminly benign feature that Evil Genius had.

Pausing construction
it may seem unimportant, but it adds a wonderful safety and design layer to your base if your mining and construction had a toggleable approve constuction action.
  • Would allow some one to spend time designing their base without fear of ruining any aesthetics
  • completely avoid any missclicks causing resources to be wasted

Another feature I wish dungeon keeper/evil genius game had was filling in spaces. It always irked me I couldn't fill in mined out areas or build "walls" allowing me to funnel traffic where I wanted. It would just provide more control over base building and base life in general.

All that said I'm still ecstatic for Maia and can't wait to play it.
Last edited by Sanctioned Sire; Aug 6, 2013 @ 12:18pm
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
✠ Prof. Wubba Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:01pm 
It does look quite cool.
simon  [developer] Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
Originally posted by Sanctioned Sire:
Another feature I wish dungeon keeper/evil genius game had was filling in spaces. It always irked me I couldn't fill in mined out areas or build "walls" allowing me to funnel traffic where I wanted. It would just provide more control over base building and base life in general.

Maia will have this. You will be able to get an IMP robot to drop explosive charges that backfill an area. Of course this will cost resources to do and might cause more of a cave in than you hoped for. ;)
Sanctioned Sire Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
Sounds fun.

I must collapse all the areas then.
001sanguine100 Jul 3, 2013 @ 4:34pm 
It looks like a really fun game. Does it incorporate a resource or economic factor? Is there a combat system? If so, is it real time or turn based?
Sgt.Knumskull Jul 4, 2013 @ 12:24am 
Originally posted by simon:

Maia will have this. You will be able to get an IMP robot to drop explosive charges that backfill an area. Of course this will cost resources to do and might cause more of a cave in than you hoped for. ;)

Nice! Always wanted that/had the same idea. Keep up the good work! Will instabuy an early acces via STEAM
RoyK Jul 6, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
????
[Council] Notavampire Jul 6, 2013 @ 4:06pm 
Will it be a build and survive game like Dwarf fortress, or will it have an element of conquest like the dungeon keeper series?
Last edited by [Council] Notavampire; Jul 6, 2013 @ 4:06pm
Jerik Kalen Jul 6, 2013 @ 11:48pm 
Originally posted by Blood Angel:
Will it be a build and survive game like Dwarf fortress, or will it have an element of conquest like the dungeon keeper series?

I love both genres, do tell!
NeverSay Jul 7, 2013 @ 12:34am 
Originally posted by simon:

:) i love this game it's beatifull! :-)
Oyo2 Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:26am 
one of the things that have awaken my couriosity is that run in the trailer... like running from something, also the description looks misterious... anyway.
Would the game have a story? I like DF and DK but games like DF and Minecraft f.e. have NO background at all... and that is not very atractive for players.
mR b00m Jul 7, 2013 @ 8:37am 
It will be a good game :)
[Council] Notavampire Jul 10, 2013 @ 2:23pm 
Originally posted by Jerik Kalen:

I love both genres, do tell!

Dwarf fortress is much about only surviving with all means against you, while the dungeon kepper series has goals to achieve, either a build this or conquer that :)
simon  [developer] Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:46am 

We have a single player campaign that will have specific missions. Not conquest, but goals to achieve. (there are no enemy colonies, only a very hostile world)

The sandbox will play a lot like DF!
BlacJack Jul 12, 2013 @ 1:02am 
This game looks very nice!
White_Devil Jul 15, 2013 @ 5:19am 
=)
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50