This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Kingdoms Rise
free?
is there be a chance of this being a free to play?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Polix  [developer] Jul 23, 2013 @ 12:12am 
At this stage we plan to have two releases a free to play version which allows players to play the single player and LAN portion of the game. We will also have an online version that people will purchase which allows them to play against people online.

In the near future we will also be running a kickstarter/indiegogo wherein one of the stretch goals will be making the game free for everyone.

Obviously this could be sibject to change depending on future events
DragonFoster Jul 23, 2013 @ 4:03am 
We will wait, interested game.
Nanakisan Jul 23, 2013 @ 10:11am 
I actually like that idea. By breaking two systems apart like that. You basically make it possible for people to become interested in the game. If i make 1 suggestion. Open the possibility for a economy to be established in the online version. JUST DON'T ADD HATS! Games like this could benefit immensely off a economy system. Especially if you make certain items moduler and extensible beyond their normal parameters.
Noldemor Jul 26, 2013 @ 7:03am 
No! If this game is an other type of The Elder Scrolls (that type of game) with good graphics and good gameplay, it probaly isnt.. NO! This game only needs (maybe it already have it :|) Sneak/Stealth gameplay, Blood/gore effects, side missions, main quest, side chosing, scavenging, stealing, murdering, buying a house, buy a dog (Skyrim mod xD) and tons of that kind to be REALLY good. Maybe enchanced graphics, magic, and some other tweaks like law and crime. If they Keep it up it will turn into what i just said. Maybe... Maybe... You can only hope. And love.

----------------------------------

I saw another discussion about a Demo. Well yeah that could be good. Like in Just Cause 2 Demo you can only be in one "area" and find out what THAT is about. Same with a demo. you could be in a cave and a city and fight monsters, or humans (game genre) and find out if you like it. That would be cool. Really cool. Thou, you can only hope and love to make this game go on steam and bbe updated.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

theres a little bug inside my screen. that is annoying
AND YES! I AM ♥♥♥♥ING 12 YEARS OLD!
I would like the game to bee free to play with some additional items avaialable to buy on demand. I know I would never pay any subscription but I don't mind spending much on what I really want to use inside the game. That would be simply the best option for me.
Sargon Jul 27, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
I don't think it's wise to make a kickstarter with a stretch goal that make the game free.
That is because many people pay the optimal perk in which you get the game for a reduced price from what it will cost once it's released.
Thorendir Jul 28, 2013 @ 9:53am 
fully support the dev here. wish you best luck and hope its greenlit soon
Purple Fiction Jul 28, 2013 @ 12:57pm 
Missekat are you trolling or just crazy? None of the things you mentioned have anything to do with an arena style game. What you're suggesting is a different game altogether.

I agree that having a stretch goal to make the game free for everyone is a bad idea; people are less likely to pay money for something if they feel that they will be getting the same product by just wating, or worse yet, feel that they are buying the game for everyone else.
Mittens  [developer] Jul 29, 2013 @ 6:55am 
Hmmm, that's a good point, we certainly don't want backers to feel cheated.
Perhaps instead we'll save the free release stretch goal idea for any DLC expansions we may have. That way the cost of making the new maps or weapons is covered but it doesnt split the players into those with/without the DLC/map pack
Chellie Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:30am 
Would the paid version be a one-time payment or a monthly thing? D: Sorry if this question is already answered somewhere. >__<
NekoKoneko Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:57am 
So.. how do you make a living when it will be free to play?
Dan.the.man! Aug 1, 2013 @ 6:19am 
Wow, this game loooks awesome! And it will be free! Thank you!!! <3
andyni1 Aug 3, 2013 @ 11:55am 
Look forward to hearing more on this game in the future, keep up the good work.
krawlin Aug 4, 2013 @ 10:48pm 
if you make it free do it right dont make it pay to win or the game will quikly die
Wonderland Aug 6, 2013 @ 5:43am 
Originally posted by NekoKoneko:
So.. how do you make a living when it will be free to play?

Well micro transactions for vanity items/ alternate skins for armor and possible different races(with no skill difference). If someone is gonna spend hundreds of hours playing a game then they might be down with paying some money to look a little different. Just don't do anything that requires people to pay to compete.
Last edited by Wonderland; Aug 6, 2013 @ 5:44am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Per page: 15 30 50