This software has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this software. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Oct 7, 2013 @ 12:22pm
A couple suggestions
So after using the program for I guess around 20 minutes I found some things that I felt could be added or improved...

There's no hotkey for undo - or at least it isn't ctrl+Z which I'm used to using, you have to hit Enter for the context menu and since I'm right-handed that is a little uncomortable since I'm balancing my tablet on my knee while drawing, it's hard to see the brush if you're using a color similar to the one on canvas, resizing the brush feels unintuitive, slow, and there's no realtime indicator of current brush size, I can't figure out how to take the program out of fullscreen and I'm left to assume you can't which is a little inconvenient, making the default color for new documents white was a little confusing because I thought the program froze for a couple minutes, especially since I couldn't actually see my cursor, the context menu is cool but could be mapped to the right mouse button since some tablets lack a barrel button (like mine) and having some hotkeys for color selection, quick resizing, undo/redo, and eyedropper would make workflow feel more smooth.

It has potential and I look forward to seeing how it develops.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
no0ne  [developer] Oct 17, 2013 @ 8:28am 
Thanks for the suggestions! We are releasing an update which should correct a few of these issues, however ctrl+z has always worked for me...

Hotkeys for a variety of different tasks are on our list, and the cursor / brush size indicator are going to become settings next to the hotkey mappings. ALT-TAB and fullscreen vs. window mode controls have already been added to the next release, so we're good there. I must admit - I never considered tablets without a barrel button...

Thanks for your interest and your feedback!
Oct 18, 2013 @ 3:39pm 
Thanks for the reply. I'nm not sure why Undo hasn't worked for me, I'm running Windows 7 64bit and using a standard but reliable Dell keyboard. Not sure if that information helps.
no0ne  [developer] Jan 16, 2014 @ 1:20pm 
So I know this discussion is pretty old, but I just thought I'd update it with some more current information!

Undo should work, but because we store everything as vectors, undo is an expensive operation (we have to re-draw the area that was damaged underneath the undone region). We've improved the performance of this operation greatly, and we're going to do even better for the first few undo operations (via caching).

All the keyboard shortcuts are displayed in the settings page, including ctrl+alt for eye-dropper.

Alt+Tab and windowed mode are available via F11, or of course, alt+tab. If you're running windows 8, you can disable some swipe gestures (leaning the side of your hand would sometimes switch apps away from inkfish - very annoying and now disabl-able via settings).

As always, any feedback on new (or old) features will be deeply, deeply appreciated. Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50