This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Valdis Story Abyssal City
Ōkami Oct 22, 2013 @ 7:50pm
Have you guys fixed controller support for the upcoming Steam release??
The demo has problems to work with controllers that are not original x360 controllers, will this be fixed for the Steam release?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Kein Zantezuken Oct 22, 2013 @ 7:53pm 
Ōkami Oct 22, 2013 @ 7:55pm 
How can you have already replied to me if I didn't post there?? My question stands, will the Steam release of the game have proper controller support or will we be forced to use 3rd party programs??

From the looks of your post in there, seems so.
Kein Zantezuken Oct 22, 2013 @ 8:01pm 
I replied to you on the announcement page.
Chizu Oct 22, 2013 @ 8:15pm 
Full release didn't have support for direct input either, but x360ce DOES work with the full version, as I used it to play the game to completion, no problems.
Tyquonda "Sexy Thing" Jackson Oct 26, 2013 @ 9:36pm 
Direct Input is a thing from the past, it's much better to have to download crap to make your controller work in a game that 95% of people will play with a controller. Get on with the times. It's not like Rogue Legacy, Volgarr the Viking or almost any other game have Direct Input. Oh, wait they have.
Ōkami Oct 27, 2013 @ 2:58pm 
Originally posted by Chizu:
Full release didn't have support for direct input either, but x360ce DOES work with the full version, as I used it to play the game to completion, no problems.

I never mentioned that I wanted direct input support, I don't know why they are pulling up this argument up, 98% of the games on Steam work fine with a gamepad emulator like x360ce, no need to be proffesional and add both dinput and xinput together on the same package.

Endlessflus attitude on this subject hasn't been the best, after they way I campaigned for Valdis with all my friends and steam contacts, it's going to be super weird having to wait until it hits at least the 50% plus bargain bin.

Originally posted by El Pene Sangrante:
Direct Input is a thing from the past, it's much better to have to download crap to make your controller work in a game that 95% of people will play with a controller. Get on with the times. It's not like Rogue Legacy, Volgarr the Viking or almost any other game have Direct Input. Oh, wait they have.

Direct Input or Xinput, it doesn't really mater, I have no idea what was the line of reasoning was had, to develop a game like Valdis and not consider proper controller support.

And I quote the link given by Mr. Kein:

By default, game supports only keyboard and XInput compatible devices, but even this support is limited and you can't remap some keyboard buttons, for example ALT or SHIFT.
Last edited by Ōkami; Oct 27, 2013 @ 3:00pm
Kein Zantezuken Oct 27, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
Actually, that quote is outdated and incorrect.

First, Endlessfluff "attitude" has nothing to do with it, it is an one man (one coder I mean) company and he is doing his best,

Second, the keybinding issues have been fixed and now you can bind whatever you want and these keys will be working correctly.

And third - support for some legacy controllers was added in v 1.0.20, which will be released on Steam, according to changelog.
Chizu Oct 29, 2013 @ 5:39pm 
Originally posted by Ōkami:

I never mentioned that I wanted direct input support, I don't know why they are pulling up this argument up, 98% of the games on Steam work fine with a gamepad emulator like x360ce, no need to be proffesional and add both dinput and xinput together on the same package.

Endlessflus attitude on this subject hasn't been the best, after they way I campaigned for Valdis with all my friends and steam contacts, it's going to be super weird having to wait until it hits at least the 50% plus bargain bin.
Wat.
You asked for non-360 pads. Anything thats not a 360 pad uses "Direct Input" So thats exactly what you wanted. Support for Direct input.
And All I was saying is that is not present either, but that it does work with x360ce, which you said it didnt (though not in this thread, that was on the announcement page instead)
Ōkami Oct 29, 2013 @ 5:53pm 
Wat.
You asked for non-360 pads. Anything thats not a 360 pad uses "Direct Input" So thats exactly what you wanted. Support for Direct input.

Nope:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/game-gear/articles/7442

Look, I'm really annoyed out of my skull with this thing, I was really looking forward to Valdis, being my style of game and all, supported up the moment it was greenlit, as risky as it is these days I was ready to "pre-purchase" it full price through the humble store, I get the demo first and bam, there it goes. So, don't nag me with things I didn't say.

Nevertheless, dinput is far from deprecated.

If you say the full version works with x360ce, much appreciated and I guess I'll have to believe you but I think I'm gonna wait for reviews and stuff.

Peace.

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50