This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Black Gold Online
Jorji Cooperation Jul 18, 2013 @ 6:46am
Business model : Free to Play and Pay to Save?
News from China Economic Times

Source link here but it's in Chinese: http://lib.cet.com.cn/paper/szb_con/165803.html

The business model for Black Gold Online: It's Free to Play but Pay to Save, the game will reward player automatic or player can earn some income in manual, after gameplay progression, player can choose save his progression or not. Only if player decide to pay for save, his progression could be saved, if player think recent gameplay is meaningless, he can leave the game and start over for free.

Seems How Much should one pay for save is based on How long one have played in single play session. So let's envisage such situation: Player A grinding for 4 hours and earn a unique weapon at last, then he would like to pay for 4 hours game play time, after this his progression can be saved, if he didn't pay for it, the 4 hours progression and all loot will lost forever. Player B grinding (why all people are grinding? became my imagination is too limited) for 6 hours and got nothing precious from it, then he rage quit this game without paying anything, the game server didn't make a save file for him. If so, I feel the drop rate of unique items will increasing with play time. But even leveling up will cost money in such situation, and I feel this obviously won't be accepted by most players—— ultimately, it's about marketing and operating, so maybe they can handle it with confidence.

And Snail Games CEO Hai Shi said: traditional MMO business model always ruined game's fairness and balance, with currency inflation shorten game's lifespan. Pay to Save model could allow player only pay for meaningful time, and can say NG at anytime.
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
am1goo Jul 23, 2013 @ 1:44am 
Pay for Save
Begginfokillz Jul 24, 2013 @ 3:14pm 
After much deliberation with my peers, long periods of research into this business practice in the games industry, many heated arguments with my mother, and a vast amount of time-consuming pondering into this most serious of conundrums, i have determined what is, in fact, the right amount of money to spend on a Pay to Save model, to make it 100% worth the in-game save. Each time, every time, no matter the level of grinding or rarity of gear obtained: a grand total of $0.00 USD (this includes taxes, fees, and other such finacial issues). Sorry. Pay to Save is not my cup of tea. Cheers.
Ativos Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:47am 
Originally posted by Colonel Beggin♥♥♥illz:
After much deliberation with my peers, long periods of research into this business practice in the games industry, many heated arguments with my mother, and a vast amount of time-consuming pondering into this most serious of conundrums, i have determined what is, in fact, the right amount of money to spend on a Pay to Save model, to make it 100% worth the in-game save. Each time, every time, no matter the level of grinding or rarity of gear obtained: a grand total of $0.00 USD (this includes taxes, fees, and other such finacial issues). Sorry. Pay to Save is not my cup of tea. Cheers. :penny::penny::penny:
Elder Virus Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:59am 
Guys, payment models on these games are almost never the same as they are in asian countries. Calm down until we get news that SnailgamesUSA says that this is what they were doing.
Last edited by Elder Virus; Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:59am
Vondred | H A Y D E N Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:54am 
Calm down? ♥♥♥♥ing Pay to save, and dude wants us to calm down. Oh we're calm. We're not exactly that stupid though to fall into such a rediculous scheme lol. Unless that was sarcasm of course, then by all right, I can't wait to try this new pay to save business model. /throat
thorley23 Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:12am 
Ahh, if this winds up being true I shall of course pass. That is the single most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.
Ragnarogk Sep 20, 2013 @ 3:52am 
if they see that lots of people quit for the pay to save, they will change it. It happends to lot of games, first they want you to pay for every month and late not.
By the other hand, think a bit about it, if you pay for save, those weeks where you can´t play you dont pay anithing, like another pay per month games where don´t matter if you play a single day or all the month, you pay the same. And if you see that in a entire month of pay to save you spent less than 15€ it can be good, isn´t it?
Last edited by Ragnarogk; Sep 20, 2013 @ 3:55am
Fader Bear Oct 12, 2013 @ 2:57am 
Originally posted by Space Butler:
Calm down? ♥♥♥♥ing Pay to save, and dude wants us to calm down. Oh we're calm. We're not exactly that stupid though to fall into such a rediculous scheme lol. Unless that was sarcasm of course, then by all right, I can't wait to try this new pay to save business model. /throat

Did you not read his comment past the "calm down" part? Because he continued saying that games rarely have the same payment method in the rest of the world as they do in asia.
Vondred | H A Y D E N Oct 12, 2013 @ 5:52am 
Originally posted by ★DESU★:
Originally posted by Space Butler:

Did you not read his comment past the "calm down" part? Because he continued saying that games rarely have the same payment method in the rest of the world as they do in asia.

And knowing snail games, lets p2w.
- D - Oct 31, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
I would actually participate in a Pay to Save game under one condition; Earing tokens over time to Save. Buying extra tokens for saves wouldnt bother me in the event of rare loot drops as long as I had the option to Save for Free just once a day or could play a minigame for a Save Point somewhere. It wouldnt even have to be an accumulating thing. If I dont use my save, no big deal, it'll still be there tomorrow. I'd flip a quarter into the bin if I got a nice drop in a dungeon after I'd used my free save, knowing I'd have another chance to progress solo the next day without being worried where my token saves were going to go the next day or week.
[Nya] Hydro Nov 2, 2013 @ 2:01am 
The best business model in my opinion is next:
Player do a one time pay for account and small overtime payment for "server maintenance". But player pay only for actual gameplay. For example if you pay 10$ for "month" you recieve 24*30=720 play hours. You don't lose time when you are not playing. Then if you will play 8 hours per day then you can play 90 days for that payment.
I will never play a game with a pay to save model. It's ridiculous
◄Reapers► Wolfski Nov 2, 2013 @ 6:39am 
pay for perks and pimping the game yes i would support... but pay to save ... who would actually go for that.... in my opinion almost no-one..... go away and rethink your payment model this is not sustainable...
Ragnarogk Nov 2, 2013 @ 12:23pm 
Originally posted by Nya Hydro:
The best business model in my opinion is next:
Player do a one time pay for account and small overtime payment for "server maintenance". But player pay only for actual gameplay. For example if you pay 10$ for "month" you recieve 24*30=720 play hours. You don't lose time when you are not playing. Then if you will play 8 hours per day then you can play 90 days for that payment.
I will never play a game with a pay to save model. It's ridiculous :serioussam:

you NEVER going to play 24h per day in a suscription payment. Its a good idea but only suitable if they give you 12h per day. So if you are a hard player without life and play 18h per day you pay more per month. Couse always that a payment method gives you the oportuniti to save money saving time it have to take money for other people yo mantain. Remerber a game is a business not a charity association.
f__________0 Nov 3, 2013 @ 1:40pm 
pay to save
GreatGrandFather Nov 12, 2013 @ 11:20am 
Free to Play
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50