This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Splatter
Sgt. Killdrax Jun 24, 2013 @ 9:30pm
How is this game going on Greenlight?
Developer, please!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
gnarf  [developer] Jun 25, 2013 @ 5:43am 
Hi Sergeant! Good question indeed because I have nothing to compare against. The statistics say we're on a good way, but we're still waaaayyyy off the top. We'd probably need a lot more votes.

The native Greenlight audience offers a good first feedback on your game, but in order to actually be greenlighted you need to direct a lot of external voters to your Greenlight page.

So, in case you like Splatter, please share among your friends and help us to get the word out to the world. Word -> World.
Last edited by mimu; Jun 25, 2013 @ 8:23am
Sgt. Killdrax Jun 25, 2013 @ 6:47am 
Hey! Thanks for the reply! I'll try to help! :)
Capt. Kush Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
it's great
Last edited by Capt. Kush; Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:36pm
Takito_Lethal Jun 26, 2013 @ 7:18pm 
personally i'm not a fan of these kinds of games, but it looks alright for its type. my concern is, it seems like these kinds of games are starting to take over on steam... does anybody else find this moderately annoying? i mean.. the majority of the greenlight games are simplified to the point where i wouldve imagined games of this quality are able to be found on idk, a console from 3 generations ago lol. i'm not trying to be rude or knock the developers for this, but i really don't think steam needs a ton of games of this type in my personal oppinion
[H'sT]-ancianita <3 (A) ƸӜƷ Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:35pm 
xD hola
ImpulZ23 Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:46pm 
@clown_masta: Its about bringing gaming back to the roots. More passion and less high end graphics.

btw: love your game allready
Spexfort Jun 27, 2013 @ 12:13am 
@clown_masta: AAA Graphics are not that important. Take a game like the board game chess. It´s one of the most successful games in the world and it´s fun even if you don´t have a cool looking board and pieces. The gameplay is what makes chess awesome. The same can be true for video games.
That said, personally I find the graphics in Splatter quite appealing.
gnarf  [developer] Jun 27, 2013 @ 4:11am 
Originally posted by clown_masta:
my concern is, it seems like these kinds of games are starting to take over on steam... does anybody else find this moderately annoying?

Hi, Developer here. Maybe you're right, but I personally didn't notice a over-proportional amount of shooters in here. Instead I thought Greenlight is swamped with slender-style scream trailers and anime-styled MMOs. But it's probably about personal taste, I can't stand these two :-)

In all seriousness: if you don't like the game, please vote "No". I'm really serious about this, even though it decreases my chances to make a living from my game-coding passion. You have a say in which games make it to the Steam store, and if you don't want to see so many oldschool topdown shooters there, say so and vote so. It's ok, it's honest, therefore I'm ok with it. I'm just hoping that others think differently :-)

About the graphics: ok, I'm the developer so I'm not objectively judging, but upto now I thought Splatter looks better than some of the other games. Especially I'm a fan of the realtime shadows, because they affect the gameplay and they give "volume" to the otherwise 2D flat graphics. It's probably hard to see it in the standard Youtube video compression.

Well... thanks for your input, everyone! We're still improving Splatter, creating new content and brushing up the graphics so maybe come back later and give it another look.

Bye, Thomas
Boski ㋛ Jun 27, 2013 @ 5:56am 
yay!
Sgt. Killdrax Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:16am 
@gnarf Splatter is better than most games of it's kind here and you are right, there are too many damn anime-styled games and slender ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. People just don't know how to make something new or, at least, creative.
Nordmo! Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:07am 
Originally posted by gnarf:
Hi Sergeant! Good question indeed because I have nothing to compare against. The statistics say we're on a good way, but we're still waaaayyyy off the top. We'd probably need a lot more votes.

The native Greenlight audience offers a good first feedback on your game, but in order to actually be greenlighted you need to direct a lot of external voters to your Greenlight page.

So, in case you like Splatter, please share among your friends and help us to get the word out to the world. Word -> World.
Magic_Rainbow Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:43pm 
Looks pretty good
soft watch Aug 25, 2013 @ 8:06pm 
I just got this on the Groupees bundle, and had a blast. Just about everything is destructable, and you have unlimited pistol ammo, so you can go crazy blowing up cars, fences, windows, countertops, etc. Lot's of fun.
SpatterCat Aug 25, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
Played on Desura, got my vote here. Dig it!
Nepo Dec 23, 2013 @ 10:09am 
Where can I find the list of the standings on Greenlight?:
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50